FAbGL graphics card for rc2014

Derek Cooper

Jan 10, 2024, 8:23:57 AMJan 10
to RC2014-Z80
Just thought i'd report success with the pickledog rc-fabgl card. If you try one this may be useful:

for fabgl usein the config :
// UART Pins for normal serial Port
#define UART_SRX 12
#define UART_STX 13

// RTS/CTS hardware flow gpios
#define RTS      34
#define CTS      2

Be aware (my mistake,but) the voltage regulator, i assumed wrongly it was the same as the AMS117 range.

And the 2.54mm pitch on the caps, for c4,c1 c2 - I could not find any 2.54mm pitch, so I did the next best thing - bent the legs over! on 5.04. It's ok, fits fine and does not look to bad. If your a ki-cad person i would re-do them as 5.04mm

in use:
IMG_4019.jpg

Derek Cooper

Jan 10, 2024, 8:26:11 AMJan 10
to RC2014-Z80
Forgot to say, i used 270ohm instead of the 261ohm suggested. It works fine.

Tadeusz Pycio

Jan 10, 2024, 8:52:48 AMJan 10
to RC2014-Z80
I see there is already a FabGL module ready, as mine has been unfinished for over a year. My laziness is very happy about that :) Please link to the project.

Derek Cooper

Jan 10, 2024, 9:45:38 AMJan 10
to RC2014-Z80
Here you go:

It's a working test setup - I ordered 5 boards from jlcb. It works fins, but does need a bit of work to get it going.

Derek

Wesley Isacks

Jan 11, 2024, 1:21:58 AMJan 11
to RC2014-Z80
1117s are certainly more common... I just had a lot of MCP1825s at the time. I agree on the caps though - the 2.54mm 10uF in particular is a quite unusual part. Today I'd probably put an SMT one there.
-Wesley

Tadeusz Pycio

Jun 15, 2024, 5:46:19 PM (14 days ago) Jun 15
to RC2014-Z80
I received a PCB from the person who made the fork of this project. One thing that puzzles me is why is the RX/TX interleaving done on the backplane? Unfortunately it is not possible to change this programmatically as the characters appear on the screen but nothing can be entered.
term.jpg

Tadeusz Pycio

Jun 15, 2024, 7:17:54 PM (14 days ago) Jun 15
to RC2014-Z80
Wrong, I forgot that there are 74LVC125 buffers and such a software swap cannot work.

Derek Cooper

Jun 16, 2024, 3:03:59 AM (14 days ago) Jun 16
to RC2014-Z80
When I built the original one, I have to change the FABGL defaults for the pins it used - i can't remember what I changed it to and am not at home at the moment. But I think that Fabious must have changed the defaults from an old version of the library to the newer one. I do remember having the problem of the screen worked ok, ie you can see the output. But the keyboard did not type.

Check on the circuit what pin the RX path connects to. And then make sure the FABLG/terminal program is using that pin for receive data. I'm 90% sure this is where the problem was - an easy fix when you know what to look for!

Have fun

Derek