FS: nitto, vtg trek frame, sugino, brooks, nigel smythe, thompson, more

drew

Aug 22, 2016, 6:59:04 PM8/22/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
ok, all items are in great condition unless noted. all prices include CONUS shipping. if im out of line on a price, make me an offer.

-Nitto R-14 with tombstone. 100$

-Nitto M-12 front rack. full disclosure- bought this used on the group and it has never fit either of my riv frames. i think it would, if i was better at bending struts, but im not. i tried though and as such, it's not perfectly straight.  50$

-Thompson elite seatpost. 27.2 x 16.5 inches. silver. double bolt. almost new.- 75$

-Nygel Smythe Large Loafer. tan canvas. also almost new- 90$

-Brooks b17 special. copper rails-90$

-Sugino xd2 crankset. 170mm arms. cranks are used but rings are newish 38 and 24 teeth (i think, ill check). room for a 3rd ring or bash guard- 80$

-Sugino 38t chainring, new in bag- 25$

-WTB all terrain tires. 26x1.9. tons of life left. 30$ pair

-1984 trek 890 atb. really cool frame. reynolds 501, lugged, clearance for 26x1.9ish tires. not a crazy high bottom bracket and not super overbuilt. this was for my wife, but she just bought herself a used sam hillborne. if it was my size, id be keeping it. seems like its in the vein of a lot of modern touring bikes that can handle rough terrain, yet are fairly lightweight. smallest size, 18.7in. more info here. clean frame. no dents, dings or rust. i just put new tires, tubes, pedals, cables and housing, cleaned it up and greased some stuff . it currently doesnt have handlebars or brake levers (took them off for a different build) i can either put something on, or sell as is. if you are interested, email me and ill send the component list and specs (its mostly 80's mtb stuff) and we can talk about shipping (im in los angeles)  i'd like to get around 350$ for the bike. we'll see if that is possible.

Tim Gavin

Aug 22, 2016, 8:58:33 PM8/22/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
FYI Drew, your front rack is not an M-12, it's a 32F:  http://www.rivbike.com/product-p/r2.htm
The 32F was designed by Rivendell to mount to their mid-blade eyelets.  Or, you can use clamps to attach the struts to a fork without those eyelets.

The M-12 is an even smaller rack that bolts directly to the cantilever brake posts:  http://www.benscycle.com/p-2104-nitto-m12-front-rack.aspx

Best of luck with the sale.

Cheers,
Tim

Sent from my iPhone

drew

Aug 22, 2016, 9:56:50 PM8/22/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
thanks tim.
ill update that on the ibob cross post.

here are trek photos.

adam leibow

Aug 23, 2016, 12:06:53 AM8/23/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
I believe that's a 32F rack, not M12
Message has been deleted

drew

Aug 24, 2016, 2:25:53 PM8/24/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
update on what is left and price drops. all items include shipping (excluding the trek)

-Nitto R-14 with tombstone. 90$

-Thompson Elite seatpost, silver 27.2 basically new- 70$

-Nygel Smythe Large Loafer. tan canvas. also almost new- 80$

-Sugino xd2 crankset. 170mm arms. cranks are used but rings are newish 38 and 24 teeth (i think, ill check). room for a 3rd ring or bash guard- 70$

-Sugino 38t chainring, new in bag- 20$

-WTB all terrain tires. 26x1.9. tons of life left. 27$ pair

-1984 trek 890 atb. really cool frame. reynolds 501-300$

drew