FS: Phil Wood 700c Single Speed Wheelset - 135/100

Michael Ullmer

Sep 28, 2022, 12:50:00 PM9/28/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
I have these posted on ebay, but thought there may be interest to the Riv Crowd, particularly because it has a 135mm rear spaced hub and wide rims.

Phil Wood 700c Single Speed Wheelset - 135/100 32H Rim Brake.

Front hub is spaced at 100mm

Rear hub is a rare Kiss Off Singlespeed Bolt-on, 135mm spaced

These came on a bike I bought and won't work for my purposes (I need a 120mm spaced hub).

Unknown rims, though they are eyeleted and 22mm wide.

Wheels spin smooth and are straight/true. These came on a bike that was built up by a local shop here in Minneapolis (One on One). I expect they built the wheels, but I can't confirm.

$350 plus actual shipping via Bikeflights

Mike in Minneapolis

Ryan Stanis

Sep 28, 2022, 6:44:01 PM9/28/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
hot diggity daffodils, that's a sweet wheelset.  If it was 130mm rear spacing I'd be game. Good luck with the sale!

-Ryan

Mike Ullmer

Sep 28, 2022, 7:53:09 PM9/28/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I thought they were 130 spaced too when I bought em. I pulled them out of a frame that was spaced at 130 and was surprised when the dropouts sprung back in place.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/CAA4VEks_KccfgMdGsx2pJHAtUgY4m7y1iCtoPMCbA4DH40jFsg%40mail.gmail.com.

Eric Norris

Sep 28, 2022, 7:58:10 PM9/28/22
to Eric Norris
FWIW, I used a rear wheel spaced at 135mm for years in a frame spaced at 130mm. Takes a few seconds more to get the wheel in while you pull the dropouts apart a couple of mm on each side. No harm to the frame (a Rivendell Road Standard).

I recently switched back to a standard 130mm rear wheel, which fits perfectly in the frame.

--Eric Norris
campyo...@me.com
Insta: @CampyOnlyGuy
YouTube: YouTube.com/CampyOnlyGuy