Riv Reader(s)

Tony DeFilippo

Mar 19, 2014, 8:27:31 AM3/19/14
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I'm sitting here on new-Riv eve enjoying a stack of old Riv Readers that the previous owner of my not-quite-here yet Saluki sent ahead with the small parts and accessories from the bike... What a treat!

I just finished reading #27 (Summer '02) cover to cover and was amazed by the hi quality content. Given that I only discovered rivendell in the last two years of so it is near to get a time capsule of what the company was like over 10 years ago. The 11 page interview with Charlie Cunningham was especially riveting. Was there an official 'conclusion' to the issuing of readers or did they just kind of dwindle?

The Saluki should be delivered to my local FedEx tomorrow afternoon and I fully expect to put some miles on this weekend! Pictures and unboxing to follow!

Joe Bernard

Mar 19, 2014, 10:23:24 AM3/19/14
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
They used to be part of a membership benefit package. In the last few years the membership was eliminated as the Riv website became more of a repository for Grant's writings (Blug). The Reader is still occasionally published on the site, with an option to buy a paper copy.

Joe Bernard
Vallejo, CA.