Rivendell bicycles and speed

Patrick Moore

Jul 25, 2024, 3:42:52 PM (2 days ago) Jul 25
to rbw-owners-bunch
https://bikesnobnyc.com/2024/07/25/smoothing-the-bumps/

Scroll down.

Getting tired of testing various outdated racing bikes against each other for speed, BSNYC had the bright idea of testing his Homer against said 30 and 40-year-old racing bikes. Homer came in second!

Patrick Moore who avereraged "slow" during his late summer morning bike path-cum-neighborhood-meander-cum-shopping trip today.

Incidentally, I mean to start a new photos-from-bikes thread: Neighborhood Meanders. I got a couple of good ones today but I'll save them until I have a more complete collection of "bosque-adjacent Westside Albuquerque neighborhood" photos. On Tuesday I wonder if the concerned citizens of the other neighborhood I meandered around and about for 30 minutes called security; an all-black "immediate armed response" SUV crossed my path, and I'd not seen them during any of my very many other but shorter rides over the years through the same neighborhood. "ISP" -- "International Security Patrol." "Keeping riffraff out of Albuquerque's better neighborhoods since 1923."

--

Patrick Moore

Executive resumes, LinkedIn profiles, bios, letters, and other writing services

When thou didst not, savage, know thine own meaning,

But wouldst gabble like a thing most brutish,

I endowed thy purposes with words that made them known.

Hoch in ut

Jul 25, 2024, 11:49:47 PM (2 days ago) Jul 25
to RBW Owners Bunch
I love jumping on the Appaloosa after riding my carbon road bike. The CF road bike is fast. But it’s go go go as soon as I take off.
The Riv, I “meander” and enjoy the scenery and I’m more apt to stop at a bakery or for photos. Very enjoyable ride and change of pace (literally).
When I am in ride mode, I do find I am only 10-20% slower.
I’m good with that.

Patrick Moore

Jul 26, 2024, 5:41:33 AM (yesterday) Jul 26
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it's odd how certain bikes "make" you ride harder. I find it easier to ride "relaxed" when I'm riding on dirt. But years of practice now let me ride my road bikes in a much more relaxed way than 15 years ago; on my last 2 road rides I detoured into neighborhood meanders, something I enjoyed greatly as a boy -- just exploring new neighborhoods. And, funny, my "for what it's worth" personal best was done 30 years ago when started a Saturday morning ride by telling myself I was going to ride slowly.