FS: Bikes and frames for now... Bags, components, misc. to follow

Bob Lovejoy

Jul 30, 2020, 1:41:28 PM7/30/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
(Cross posted with the iBob list)...

I am finally getting around to listing some bikes and frames that need to find new homes.  I am planning both a move and some exploring so space and becoming a little more minimalist seem important.

I will be adding pictures and probably more information ASAP, the additional I know I need (like pictures of the bags for the Brompton) as well as anything requested.  Respond directly (DM) to me with any questions, requests for better pictures or information, offers or intent, etc.

For now, I am only considering selling the Appaloosa and Cheviot as complete bikes, and only with local pickup or possible delivery or meeting (within 150 miles of 61401).  If they do not sell as completes, I will probably sell the frames and components separately, but for now.. completes only for the two Rivendells and the Trek.  And local pickup/delivery only for the Appaloosa and the Cheviot for now.

Let me know of any questions, problems with viewing etc.  Prices, descriptions, measurements, etc. are included in the listings (hopefully...).  Be sure to expand the full heading/description.  I have also added a few comments to specific pictures (and will keep updating as needed).  I will go back and check again but let me know if anything needed is missing.

And apologies for the pictures so far... I will try and take better ones as needed.

Rivendell Joe Appaloosa - 58cm frame - silver - double TT - SON/Phil

Rivendell Cheviot - 60cm frame - silver - Paul CP brakes

Trek 720 (1983/84) - great bike, great build...

Brompton M6R - 2017 - very little use on this one.  I have had two other Bromptons and used them almost daily.  But here in a smaller town there is not much need or advantage (though traveling is always possible).

Soma Saga Disc frame/forh/hs/bell!

Raleigh Randonneur frame/fork/hs (Cane Creek 110)/racks/bags

There is at least one more (Zunow frame) I will list, maybe two, but these are what I know best for now.

Payment would be through Paypal (full goods and services) but do not attempt to send payment before communicating with me.

Let me know of any questions (directly through DM).  Like I said, I will be listing more things in the next week or so, either here or on Ebay.  If it seems appropriate to the group, I will try and list things here first.

Thanks,

Bob Lovejoy
Galesburg, IL

Kyle Altshuler

Jul 30, 2020, 2:37:15 PM7/30/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Beautiful bikes

Edwin W

Jul 30, 2020, 3:04:35 PM7/30/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Cool bikes!

Tip: to see the information click on the "see more" tab on the top picture in the middle.
Bob - I think you should add the prices to the post, so people don't have to click around a bunch to see a bike that is too cheap (haha) or too expensive for their budget.

Edwin

Bob Lovejoy

Jul 30, 2020, 3:11:51 PM7/30/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hi Edwin,

Agreed!  I have to be somewhere soon but I will get those prices out to the two lists later today.  This was all done somewhat, uhhh, chaotically?  Not quite that, but I figured I was missing some things I should be doing differently.

Thanks,

Bob

Je Mar

Jul 30, 2020, 4:26:49 PM7/30/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
My goodness, that Chev...

Beautiful bike.

thalasin

Jul 30, 2020, 5:24:31 PM7/30/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I wish I was taller or you were shorter!  Hubba, hubba, nice bikes!

Tracy

gsi...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2020, 10:49:32 AM8/1/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi Bob,

Very interested in the Cheviot but it looks like I don't have permission to reply to you directly.
Don't want to spam the group here with my questions, can you try to reach out to me via PM instead?

Thanks,
GS
Bull Valley IL

Andy Beichler

Aug 8, 2020, 11:53:11 AM8/8/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
That Raleigh is lovely. As a Raleigh fan, I would be all over that if I had not recently bought an 85 Schwinn Voyageur.  Good luck with the sell.  Somebody is going to get a frame out of that.

On Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 1:41:28 PM UTC-4, Bob Lovejoy wrote:
(Cross posted with the iBob list)...

I am finally getting around to listing some bikes and frames that need to find new homes.  I am planning both a move and some exploring so space and becoming a little more minimalist seem important.

Major snippage