New Craigslist/others thread

Joe Bernard

Sep 28, 2021, 7:04:17 PM9/28/21
to RBW Owners Bunch

Kainalu V. -Brooklyn NY

Sep 30, 2021, 2:47:38 PM9/30/21
to RBW Owners Bunch

Joe Bernard

Sep 30, 2021, 4:59:41 PM9/30/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
WOW, check out the chainguard, skirt guard and racks wrapped around front and rear lights. I'm sure it's a tank but I'd ride it! 👍

Joe Bernard

Matthew Williams

Oct 2, 2021, 11:46:38 PM10/2/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Matthew Williams

Oct 3, 2021, 3:00:50 PM10/3/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Matthew Williams

Oct 3, 2021, 8:37:46 PM10/3/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Erik

Oct 10, 2021, 1:43:03 PM10/10/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Clem L
Large
$1850 Complete
Napa, CA

Not associated with the seller in any way!  Just came across it looking for old bikes to rebuild.

Eric Marth

Oct 12, 2021, 8:14:37 PM10/12/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Slightly Rivved Bridgestone RB-T. Seller says possibly 53cm. $600. Fredericksburg, VA.

00q0q_7Mgys8BLvzWz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Doug H.

Oct 12, 2021, 8:58:04 PM10/12/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
I considered the 59 Clem L but I really need the 52 at 5"10" and an 83 PBH. I spoke to Grant one day on the phone and he said he rides a 59 and is of similar size to me. It just looks too big although I've not tried one.
Doug
Athens, GA

Edwin W

Oct 15, 2021, 11:06:08 AM10/15/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
60cm Cheviot frame at my LBS
$1400

Edwin
Nashville, TN

Jake Kutchins

Oct 16, 2021, 12:10:05 PM10/16/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
The Clem H (I assume a 52?) seems like a very good deal if someone's looking...I contacted the owner and he said he's willing to ship.

Valerie Yates

Oct 21, 2021, 8:43:44 PM10/21/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Nice looking Cheviot 50cm complete in Boulder CO $3200. I have no connection to the seller and don’t know if he/she will ship.

Val in Boulder, CO

Jeffrey Marco

Oct 25, 2021, 4:10:12 PM10/25/21
to RBW Owners Bunch

64cm Rambouillet
$1100
Ypsilanti Michigan

59cm Clem Smith Jr. L
On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 7:04:17 PM UTC-4 Joe Bernard wrote:
62cm Sam
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/bik/d/petaluma-62cm-sam-hillborne-new/7385309583.html

Paul Choi

Oct 27, 2021, 3:57:18 PM10/27/21
to RBW Owners Bunch

nus...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2021, 2:54:33 PM11/24/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
51cm Appaloosa rolling chassis FS in Stillwater, MN: https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/bik/d/stillwater-rivendell-joe-appaloosa-51cm/7411488634.html. Go Ponies!

Joe Bernard

Nov 24, 2021, 9:25:36 PM11/24/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
51cm SOMA San Marcos frame in San Francisco. "Rare" is accurate, these seemed kinda plentiful for a a few years then disappeared.

Joe Bernard

Nov 24, 2021, 9:39:59 PM11/24/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
That seller has a nice '93 Bridgestone RB-1 frame, too, $300. Says 54cm C-to-C, I believe it's a 56 per the catalog.

Joe Bernard

Joe Grandia

Nov 27, 2021, 12:11:11 PM11/27/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
60cm Rambouillet for $1,250. Looks really clean. To far away from me, otherwise I might be tempted.

Joe

Ben Mihovk

Nov 30, 2021, 8:30:33 AM11/30/21
to RBW Owners Bunch

Ben Mihovk

Dec 3, 2021, 8:28:29 AM12/3/21
to RBW Owners Bunch

Edwin W

Dec 6, 2021, 12:01:49 PM12/6/21
to RBW Owners Bunch

Eric Marth

Dec 6, 2021, 12:23:53 PM12/6/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
54cm 2021 Joe Appaloosa in orange. Built by Crust Bikes in Richmond, VA. $4,000. No relations.

Jeremy Simon

Dec 8, 2021, 12:25:17 AM12/8/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Please someone pick up this beautiful and large Clem L before I do something I regret

ericyue...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2021, 3:23:04 PM12/8/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Jesus Christ, I do not need another bike but that Clem is such an insane deal I feel like it's offensive for me not to buy it.

Jared Wilson

Dec 8, 2021, 3:25:54 PM12/8/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
I emailed on the Clem L last night, still no response.

Matthew P

Dec 9, 2021, 10:22:18 PM12/9/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
'Nother Rivendale for sale. A tall one
67cm Rivendell A. Homer Hilsen Single top tube.
San Diego
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/bik/d/san-diego-rivendell-homer-hilsen/7406756215.html

Kevin D norcal - santa rosa

Dec 9, 2021, 10:33:24 PM12/9/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here's a couple more in the SF Bay and one in San Diego:

Rivendell custom? 50cm  $1450 frame    https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/bik/d/fairfax-wow-beautiful-1995-rivendell/7413622781.html
*this is at Marin Bike Museum (likely a donation)   I think they are open to offers on their listings.  I called once to ask about a Frejus they had listed - Joe Breeze picked up and was very helpful checking measurements.  Check it out if you're in Marin.  They also have a great collection of cycling books and other neat stuff in the file cabinets.

Matthew Williams

Dec 9, 2021, 10:58:41 PM12/9/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Saluki
62cm
$2000
Laramie, WY

Redwood
62cm
$1750
Palo Alto, CA

Atlantis F/F/HS
51cm
$999
Jamestown, NY

Appaloosa
54cm
$4000
Patchogue, NY

Rambouillet
Medium (contact seller for size)
$300
Lowell, MA

Rambouillet
58cm
$1500
Huntsville, AL

Clem Smith H
52cm
$2250*
Ann Arbor, MI

*also listed here for $2000:

Appaloosa
54cm
$2500
Dallas, TX

A. Homer Hilsen
67cm
$2100
Pacific Beach, CA

A. Homer Hilsen
64cm
$3400
Rohnert Park, CA

Clem Smith Jr.
64cm
$1000
Santa Cruz, CA

Sam Hillborne
62cm
$3100
Walnut Creek, CA

Roadini
61cm
$1500
Walnut Creek, CA

Standard/L’Eroica (1995 Waterford) F/F/HS
50cm
$1450
Fairfax, CA

Atlantis
size unspecified, contact seller
$2160
Newark, CA

Clem Smith L
size unspecified, contact seller
$2500
Midland, MI

Protovelo
57.5cm
$1299

Matthew Williams

Dec 10, 2021, 2:08:40 PM12/10/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
SimpleOne
56cm
$1800
Omaha, NB
https://www.ebay.com/itm/403347901149

maxcr

Dec 10, 2021, 2:58:58 PM12/10/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
https://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/bik/d/lowell-rivendell-ramboulliet-classic/7418735163.html

I sent a note to see if it's still available - what a steal! Not sure if the size is right for me though

Max

Joe Bernard

Dec 10, 2021, 3:34:07 PM12/10/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Those SimpleOne's lead a hard life, don't they? I haven't seen one in years that wasn't scratched all to heck!

Joe Bernard

Bones

Dec 11, 2021, 10:53:54 AM12/11/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
I recently acquired one that's in really decent shape, somehow. Now that I've been riding it daily for a month or two, I can easily see why they lead a hard life. Super fun bike.

Bones

Michael Morrissey

Dec 13, 2021, 8:41:45 PM12/13/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Is this the Rambouillet for sale in Lowell, MA?

Michael

Joe Bernard

Dec 13, 2021, 8:54:45 PM12/13/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Not unless someone changed most of the parts. The Cyclofiend bike is pretty much the stock triple build Riv did on those, the Lowell bike is a double with dt shifters, single-pivot brakes, non-aero levers and different rims.

Eric Marth

Dec 14, 2021, 10:19:46 AM12/14/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm not sure what's more surprising, a $300 Ram or that it was seemingly left outside to the elements for a few years.

Bill Lindsay

Dec 15, 2021, 3:29:35 PM12/15/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Matthew Williams linked:

====================
====================

It's also on ebay for $3000:

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

Joe Bernard

Dec 15, 2021, 3:35:48 PM12/15/21
to RBW Owners Bunch

Kainalu V. -Brooklyn NY

Dec 18, 2021, 8:47:34 PM12/18/21
to RBW Owners Bunch

Matthew Williams

Dec 18, 2021, 9:17:39 PM12/18/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Matthew Williams

Dec 19, 2021, 6:23:59 PM12/19/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Matthew Williams

Dec 19, 2021, 9:32:31 PM12/19/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Kevin D norcal - santa rosa

Dec 22, 2021, 3:10:07 PM12/22/21
to RBW Owners Bunch

Andrew Letton

Dec 22, 2021, 10:19:10 PM12/22/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
A steal at $350! ...but 3cm too big for me and a big ocean away...
cheers,
Andrew in Sydney

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/b41b4506-d6e0-415c-8cab-660f59df61c2n%40googlegroups.com
.

Matthew Williams

Dec 29, 2021, 11:53:51 AM12/29/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Andrew Huston

Dec 29, 2021, 8:32:14 PM12/29/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
The last Clem on that list is mine. Its a 52. I have bike ADD.

Matthew Williams

Dec 30, 2021, 5:40:40 PM12/30/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Eric Marth

Jan 2, 2022, 2:26:52 PMJan 2
to RBW Owners Bunch

Matthew Williams

Jan 3, 2022, 6:28:26 PMJan 3
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Matthew Williams

Jan 5, 2022, 8:19:36 PMJan 5
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Matthew Williams

Jan 6, 2022, 11:36:31 PMJan 6
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Clem Smith Jr. L
52cm
$1700
Oakland, CA
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/d/oakland-rivendell-clem-smith-jr-52cm/7429629322.html

Sam Hillborne
56cm
$2500
Portland, OR
https://www.ebay.com/itm/185245658576

Frank Jones
57cm
$2800
Portland, OR
https://www.ebay.com/itm/185245621839

Rambouillet

Matthew Williams

Jan 8, 2022, 3:56:10 PMJan 8
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
A. Homer Hilsen frameset
55cm
$1300
Redlands, CA
https://www.ebay.com/itm/334283886055

Matthew Williams

Jan 9, 2022, 12:27:10 AMJan 9
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Sam Hillborne frameset
55cm
$785
Loveland, OH
https://www.ebay.com/itm/133988581885

Matthew Williams

Jan 9, 2022, 11:32:50 PMJan 9
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Edwin W

Jan 10, 2022, 3:17:57 PMJan 10
to RBW Owners Bunch
58cm Rambo full bike in Huntsville back up at $1500

No connection,

Edwin

On Monday, December 6, 2021 at 11:01:49 AM UTC-6 Edwin W wrote:
58cm Rambo in Huntsville
No connection,
Edwin

ericf3

Jan 11, 2022, 9:49:02 PMJan 11
to RBW Owners Bunch

Friday Harbor, Washington, United States

$3600 USD

Rivendell 61CM A. Homer Hilsen, with premium parts. I bought this frame some years ago (5 or 10?) on Ebay, I don't recall if it was sold as new, but the frame looks flawless to me. Sorry, I don't know when or where it was built, perhaps someone in the know could tell from the serial number maybe? I measure the seat tube at 61CM ctr-top, 59CM ctr-ctr. Top tube 59CM ctr-ctr. Standover height 86.5CM. Headtube 185MM.

I built it up several years ago with top end components, and it's been in heated storage since (except for a short test ride). It came with the Ultegra headset, everything other part is new (except the seatpost, and the Crank Brothers pedals, speaking of which I will replace with some flat pedals if you don't want them).

Matthew Williams

Jan 12, 2022, 5:03:22 PMJan 12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Austin Plocher

Jan 12, 2022, 6:52:27 PMJan 12
to RBW Owners Bunch
Friend's '87 Specialized Stumpjumper made up into a real nice commuter, could-be tourer
Size: 22.5
Lotta good info in the posting
https://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/bik/d/brooklyn-1987-specialized-stumpjumper/7431637139.html

Edwin W

Jan 13, 2022, 2:33:14 PMJan 13
to RBW Owners Bunch
$2000 1987 Rivved out Stumpjumper. Wow!

If someone will buy it, it is worth that much,

Edwin

Joe Mullins

Jan 15, 2022, 4:05:23 PMJan 15
to RBW Owners Bunch