2021 Appaloosa video

Eric Marth

Nov 10, 2021, 1:09:33 PM11/10/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi everyone -- I made a video about my Appaloosa which I got new this summer and had built up at Rivendell. Shows the unpacking and assembly along with some riding footage from out here in Virginia!

Doug H.

Nov 10, 2021, 1:33:47 PM11/10/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
That was enjoyable to watch. Your voice is soothing too. I too like brass accent pieces on a bicycle as it adds a touch of class.
Well done,
Doug
Athens, GA

Kushan

Nov 10, 2021, 1:54:23 PM11/10/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Nicely done.

Roberta

Nov 10, 2021, 6:38:33 PM11/10/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
What a fabulous video.  Beautiful bike, scenery, music.  Thank you for sharing.  The Joe A is a fabulous bike.

John G.

Nov 10, 2021, 9:25:06 PM11/10/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
That was supremely pleasant.

brendonoid

Nov 11, 2021, 12:49:14 AM11/11/21
to RBW Owners Bunch

Your videos are so great, thankyou for sharing!
The vicarious joy of unboxing a Riv is almost as good as doing it myself.
Your little additions are meticulous!

The Appaloosa, Bille Bar, Antelope Hill combo makes for basically the perfect bike IMHO. Enjoy!

Takashi

Nov 11, 2021, 6:31:05 AM11/11/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Eric, that's a very nice looking Appaloosa, and the area you're riding is a really lovely place!

Takashi

Eric Marth

Nov 11, 2021, 8:23:16 AM11/11/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Wow, thanks everyone! It's great to have feedback from the group, I appreciate the kind words and thanks so much for watchin'!

Rick Urbanowski

Nov 11, 2021, 9:35:43 AM11/11/21
to RBW Owners Bunch

Awesome, awesome, awesome video!

David Person

Nov 11, 2021, 9:46:23 AM11/11/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Well done Eric.  The time spent taking the time lapse video really shows.

David

Damien

Nov 11, 2021, 10:20:42 AM11/11/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Amazing Eric. Bike is perfect and the video overall was calming for the mind and soul

Dee Dee

Nov 11, 2021, 10:39:56 AM11/11/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Great way to spend 15 minutes w/ a morning cup of tea.  Lovely build/video, thanks for sharing, Eric!

-Danny

Eric Floden

Nov 11, 2021, 10:40:22 AM11/11/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I very much enjoyed this, thanks

For some reason, I want to open a box like that myself...

EricF
Vancouver

Ben Mihovk

Nov 11, 2021, 11:35:16 AM11/11/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Another fantastic video. If anyone hasn't watched Eric's Hillborne restoration video, it's fantastic as well.

The care and thoughtfulness of the builds and details added to the bikes is mirrored in the same in the video productions. When I got my Atlantis, I went at the assembly like a toddler opening Christmas presents...I'm not sure how Eric stays so calm and composed...something I definitely need to get better at in all aspects of life!

Seriously great videos Eric!

Ben in Omaha

Hugh Smitham

Nov 11, 2021, 12:54:45 PM11/11/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Very enjoyable video to watch, I particularly enjoyed the babbling stream soundtrack while you worked in your shop.

Hugh

Eric Marth

Nov 11, 2021, 1:29:40 PM11/11/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Dang, thanks everyone for your kind replies! I'm so glad to hear you've enjoyed the vid, thanks for spending some time.

David: The clouds passing at the higher altitudes in the mountains is lovely!

Ben: Ha! I was a bit fried when I first got the Appaloosa, I guess it all boils away in the production.

Hugh: The soundtrack is small rapids I recorded nearby on the Rappahannock River. I'm glad you liked it :)

Drw

Nov 12, 2021, 1:44:03 PM11/12/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Both videos are great. Somehow very calming. I've become somewhat addicted to the firebox stove videos which evoke a similar feeling... maybe it's river noises in the background. Thanks for sharing!

Eric Marth

Nov 12, 2021, 7:47:24 PM11/12/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks, Drew! Can you point me to some of the firebox videos you reference?

Pam Bikes

Nov 12, 2021, 11:15:06 PM11/12/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
https://www.fireboxstove.com/
I have the Gen2 nano in stainless and love it.  Beware watching the videos.  You'll want one.  Don't watch them if you may be tempted.  But they are super practical - just like Rivs.  If it's just me, this is what I use instead of my Weber.  And sticks are abundant.

Eric Marth

Nov 13, 2021, 9:21:00 AM11/13/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Ah, nice, Pam! Looks like they have a ton of nice camping and cooking videos on YouTube. I'll try to resist, I've got a lot of stoves: Trangia, charcoal Weber, old green Coleman and we heat the house with a Jotul woodstove in the winter.

Drw

Nov 14, 2021, 11:08:36 PM11/14/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Not to promote thread drift, but firebox is having a pretty good "black friday" (not sure why they are calling that) sale going on right now. picked up some christmas gifts.

Ben Adrian

Nov 29, 2021, 12:35:19 PM11/29/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
I enjoyed both of Eric's riv-related videos. I just put them on in a little window while working and it's a nice little soundtrack and occasional eye candy to enhance the boring parts of the work day.

Ben

Eric Marth

Nov 29, 2021, 3:14:05 PM11/29/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
That's very nice of you to say, Ben. Thanks! :)