FS: 61cm Bleriot

Daniel

Aug 19, 2020, 12:26:24 PM8/19/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm selling my 61cm Bleriot which is set up as a fast all arounder. It's a beautiful bike and a lovely build. For my PBH (91cm), I have more than the requisite fistful of seatpost, but the fit works for me. There are some signs of wear on the frame, but not dents or areas I'm worried about. It's interesting to note that the write up in RR37 makes mention of fitting 46mm Golden Boy knobbies and recent experiments (not mine) have fit the 47mm WTBs and 48mm Rene Herse tires.

Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/yQMH6RsVTBWYidqu6

Asking $1,500 complete (details below on build and a few discounts if you forgo a few components) + actual shipping (via ShipBike, insured). Or no shipping if we can meet in SoCal. I have a bike box and packing supplies on hand, plus a good friend who's an expert bike packer that I can enlist for help.

Thank you for looking!

Daniel
Yorba Linda, CA

Details:

Frameset:
61cm Bleriot
A few paint nicks, not dents

Full geo:
Seat tube: 61cm CTT / 59cm CTC
Top tube: 59 CTC
67mm BB drop
2* TT upslope
85.1cm standover @ middle of TT (approx.)
72* STA
71* HTA
50mm rake - if you're playing along at home, that's 57mm of trail on 42mm tires
44.5cm chainstays

Cockpit:
Nitto stem (measures 9.5cm CTC)
Nitto 115 bars (measures 40cm CTC)
Cane Creek SCR-5 aero brake levers with gum hoods
Newbaums cloth tape with twine, shellaced

Drivetrain:
Suntour barcons
Shimano Deore LX rear derailleur
Shimano CS-HG40 11-32T 8 speed cassette...nearly NOS
Nearly new chain
Suntour Cyclone front derailleur
Sugino AT 110/74 BCD triple crank (drilled for triple; set up as 48-36 double)
IRD bottom bracket (which I know because I can see that through the hole in the BB shell!)
MKS Grip King/Lambda pedals

Lounge:
VO Grand Cru seatpost
Brooks Swallow saddle - If you don't want it, I'll knock off $100 (these are running $200ish new) and put a white Ritchey saddle on in its place.

Wheels/Tires
Handbuilt & nearly new
Ambrosio rims
Deore M525 hubs (large flanges for stronger wheels, also 6-bolt-disc compatible…so this wheelset can do double duty on a QR-disc bike)
Wheelsmith butted spokes
Soma 'Grand Randonneur' tires. White, nearly new. (look great with the cream headbadge. If you're willing to replace these for some all black 42mm Panaracers, I'll knock off $60.)

Braking:
Cane Creek SCR-5 levers
'Silver' long reach (same/similar as Tektro R559) with KoolStop Salmon pads

Accessories:
Velo Orange porteur rack with rail included. If you don't want the rack, I'll knock off $100 since these are running $165 new. For non-local (SoCal) buyers, I'd prefer to sell without the rack due to the rack width and the box dimensions. I guess I could pull the rack of and ship that in a 2nd box, but I don't think I have a box on hand that the rack will fit.

Not included:
Water bottle cages

Jeremy Till

Aug 19, 2020, 12:50:25 PM8/19/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi Daniel,

Out of curiosity, what is the saddle height in your pictures? 61cm is probably too small for me but as a former aviation buff the idea of a airplane-themed Rivendell has always intrigued me. I do run my saddle on the low side for my height so I'm wondering if I could make it work.

Thanks,

Jeremy Till
Sacramento, CA

Daniel

Aug 19, 2020, 1:14:06 PM8/19/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
82.5cm

Mike Godwin

Aug 19, 2020, 5:12:39 PM8/19/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Shoot Daniel, you're killing me.

Man I am so tempted. Your Bleriot and cash for my Della Santa?  61.5 Corsa Speciale?

Mike formerly of fork fame Godwin SLO CA

Daniel

Aug 19, 2020, 10:49:56 PM8/19/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Folks, the bike is pending/on hold/sold till I meet up with its new owner next Friday.

Mike Godwin

Aug 29, 2020, 2:18:12 PM8/29/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Jeremy
Check out this CL ad. I got a chuckle out of it because we think sometimes we have too many bikes. Bonus points if you can guess the airport in the first photo. This new google groups cannot reply directly to author.

Mike "current aviation buff" Godwin SLO CA