FS: Trek 650b'd 330 Frameset F/F/HS - $250 plus shipping

David Banzer

Mar 11, 2016, 1:26:05 PM3/11/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
My forthcoming BMC Monster Cross will make this bike unneeded, so selling frameset.

1987 Trek 330 Frameset
I had a local framebuilder add cantilever brake studs for 650b wheels, then I rattlecanned the area.
Frame could be repainted as there is wear to the original paint, or just ride it as it is.
63.5cm seattube center-center.
Front end geometry is 73degree headtube, 45mm fork rake. I road it with a large saddlebag and it handled great.
I picked this frame to have canti's added to as it checked off a lot of boxes for a nice 650b road bike:
Reynolds 531db main tubes, downtube brake bosses, 2 water bottle cages, and a pump peg.
Original geometry specs here: http://vintage-trek.com/images/trek/1987/87Trek23.jpg - mine's the 25.5" size
I ran it mainly with 38mm tires and fenders would fit. I recall fitting it with Fatty Rumpkins and fenders at some point. I test fitted some 42mm Pari Motos (mine are 40mm actual) and clearances are kind of tight at fork crown and chainstays (wheel slid to the back of dropouts) but are acceptable if paved roads are mainly what would be ridden. Fenders would fit as well.
This bike 'planed' very nicely for me.

$250 plus shipping.
Paypal for payment, please. I'll cover PP fees.

Older photos here (meaning some paint chips occurred at some point during use, not reflected in these photos): http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz136/dabanzer/E24B372C-21E3-4BB9-A15E-9586BCD86C66-6351-0000066096CFE8C2_zpse2ac3877.jpg
Contact offlist if you're interested.
Thanks,
David
Chicago

David Banzer

Mar 26, 2016, 12:21:02 PM3/26/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Bump and lower.
$225 plus shipping.

David Banzer

Jun 11, 2016, 4:03:47 PM6/11/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Keep going back and forth on selling this one. I've decided to let it go for sure now.
I'll take some new photos shortly.
$200 plus shipping.

Here's info from the original post:

1987 Trek 330 Frameset
I had a local framebuilder add cantilever brake studs for 650b wheels, then I rattlecanned the area.
Frame could be repainted as there is wear to the original paint, or just ride it as it is.
63.5cm seattube center-center.
Front end geometry is 73degree headtube, 45mm fork rake. I road it with a large saddlebag and it handled great.
I picked this frame to have canti's added to as it check off a lot of boxes for a nice 650b road bike:

[...]

Eric Karnes

Jun 12, 2016, 1:44:12 AM6/12/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
these are great bikes...and make really nice 650b or single speed city bike conversions. unfortunately, i already have two! but somebody snatch it up.

eric

David Banzer

Jul 28, 2016, 2:10:35 PM7/28/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Bump and price lowered to move this out of my storage space.
$125 plus shipping. Paypal Personal.
Local pickup encouraged, but can ship if need be.
Thanks,
David
Chicago