FS: Bar Tape, Leather Cinelli Lizard-Skins Fizik Specialized more [long]

David Hallerman

Jan 22, 2022, 9:28:19 AM1/22/22
to iBOB, RBW Owners Bunch

Hello! I’ve arranged today’s sale of handlebar tapes by color. Actually, I’m surprised that I’ve not seen an online bike retailer present bar tape that same way, since if you want RED bar tape, then yellow tape from a company whose tape you like still ain’t gonna help you. But leather tapes are listed first, separate from the chromatic arrangement.

That said, have fun. Isn’t bar tape the most fun part of bike stuff? All those colors and textures! I’ve listed 40 pairs of different bar tapes in 10 different shades. All new, although some pairs are a bit older. Prices include shipping, photos available on request, and your questions quickly answered.

Dave, who notes that when a bar tape package lists a more descriptive term for its color such as “tangerine orange” it’s listed that way below

LEATHER
Brooks Leather, antique brown = $45
Velo Orange Grand Cru Leather, espresso (brown) = $60
Walnut Studio Coil Leather Bar Wraps, dark brown = $75
Walnut Studio Coil Leather Bar Wraps, honey = $75
Brooks Leather, raspberry (rare!) = $95

BROWN/TAN
Serfas Cork, tan = $14
Cinelli Cork, tan = $17

RED
Profile Design Cork, red = $11
Deda Elementi Logo Tape, dark red = $12
Cinelli Cork Gel, red = $17
Planet Bike Gel, red = $17
Bontrager Gel, viper red = $17
Lizard Skins DSP 1.8mm, red = $27
Lizard Skins DSP 3.2mm, crimson red = $34

GREEN
Deda Elementi Logo Tape, jaguar green = $11
Deda Elementi Logo Tape, dark green = $11
Soma Thick & Zesty, jade green = $15
Soma Thick & Zesty, kelly green (2 available) = $15 ea.
Planet Bike Gel, celeste green = $17
Specialized S-Wrap Roubaix, teal = $23

BLUE
Deda Elementi Logo Tape, light navy = $11
Bontrager Cork, blue = $17
Bontrager Gel, blue = $18

YELLOW
Cinelli Cork Gel, yellow = $17
Planet Bike Gel, yellow = $17
Lizard Skins DSP 2.5mm, yellow  = $31

PURPLE
Off The Front Shuade (suede-like), purple = $16
Specialized S-Wrap Roubaix, purple = $25

ORANGE
Lizard Skins DSP 2.5mm, tangerine orange  = $31

BLACK
Arundel Cork, black = $17
Off The Front Cyclo-Cross (ask me), black = $17
Scott Grip Wrap - see note - black (6 available) = $23 ea.
Fizik Microtex w/Bargel pads, black (2 available) = $43 ea.

WHITE
Cinelli Cork Gel, white = $17
Planet Bike Gel, white = $17
Specialized S-Wrap Roubaix, white = $21
Scott Grip Wrap - see note - white (2 available) = $23 ea.

GREY
Serfas Synthetic Cork, grey = $14
Off The Front Shuade (suede-like), grey = $16
Off The Front/Richard Sachs, grey = $22

+++++
Note: Scott Grip Wrap is the unique, now 30-year-old bar wrap that’s still great. Here’s why: The highly stretchable, pliable, rubber-like material has stayed supple in my workshop, still in great condition. On the handlebars it has some give, but works wonders when layered over some older gel/cork tape. It’s a smooth-surface tape, for those who like their tape smooth. Non-adhesive, Grip Wrap rewraps easily, is washable, and comes in long-length packages for big handlebars. Back in the 1990s, it was by far my favorite tape, had it on at least five bikes. So early this century, when Scott Grip Wrap tape was hard to find but a large stash became available, I bought it. And I’ve used only a few from that stash because of this: Scott Grip Wrap came in only three colors: black, white, grey. And with more bikes than five, my palette has expanded too. Even so, if you could use a unique black or white tape (I have no grey to sell) as I’ve described it, consider this.