Roadeo (Waterford) paint colors

C B

Jul 15, 2024, 1:31:51 PM (yesterday) Jul 15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks — Does anyone know the colors used by Waterford to paint the Roadeos they built? Specifically the white frame and fork with the blue accents. The white seems to be slightly creamy or off-white. And I have no idea on the blue — sort of a royal blue I guess. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

C B

Jul 15, 2024, 2:01:17 PM (24 hours ago) Jul 15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Adding, in response to my earlier message, I *think* that the frame / fork color on these “white” Waterford Roadeos is the same “cream” color (or close to) used on the head tubes of Rivs of that era as the idea was to have the paint job be a reverse of the Riv norm (i.e., white frame and fork with color on the head tube and accents instead of vice versa). So if anyone has a lead on good cream match for the typical head tube color, I’m game to hear it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 15, 2024, at 10:31 AM, C B <crai...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi folks — Does anyone know the colors used by Waterford to paint the Roadeos they built? Specifically the white frame and fork with the blue accents. The white seems to be slightly creamy or off-white. And I have no idea on the blue — sort of a royal blue I guess. Thanks!
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Bill Lindsay

Jul 15, 2024, 2:11:36 PM (24 hours ago) Jul 15
to RBW Owners Bunch
I may be wrong, but I don't think of Waterford having painted anything.  I think of Rick at D&D painting Roadeos.

What exactly are you after?

A. I have a frame and I want to have it painted to match a Roadeo
B. I have a Roadeo and I want to have it repainted white with blue like used to be on the Riv website
C. I have a white with blue Roadeo and I want touch up paint for it
D. I just want information for its own sake

I would think that if it's something like A or B and your business is with Rick at D&D, then you could ask him.  If you have no business with Rick, then I'd say you should ask Will at Riv.  I'm sure he has a hex code for the cream at least.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

Bill Lindsay

Jul 15, 2024, 2:20:56 PM (23 hours ago) Jul 15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Taking a wild guess, I looked at a Jun 2014 Wayback Machine dump of the Roadeo page:

There is a white with blue pictured, and the paint options they offer are cream with red, cream with blue, and any color you want with cream.  I bet if you sent Will that URL and asked him for the RAL or Hex code for the Cream and the Blue pictured there, that he may have it.

BL in EC

matt miller

Jul 15, 2024, 2:48:32 PM (23 hours ago) Jul 15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi Craig,

I recently spent some time on the Waterford site. You can buy white touch-up paint and I think  red paint. If you scroll down on this page, you can see "Roadeo" clearly marked. I also remember seeing some pages where other paints used in the past were listed, but I can't find it right now.

Matt in STL

C B

Jul 15, 2024, 4:12:05 PM (22 hours ago) Jul 15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Bill — Thanks for your responses, I’m the proud new owner of a Waterford-era Roadeo and looking for touch-up paint to take care of a few spots before I build up the frame. I’ll ping Will per your recommendation.

Matt — Thank you for the Waterford link! I assumed they would not have anything for sale given their recent shuttering, but it looks like some touch-up paint is still available (albeit at $50 / 1.5 oz I’ll need to reconsider whether I can find some semi-suitable nail polish).

Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 15, 2024, at 11:00 AM, C B <crai...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Adding, in response to my earlier message, I *think* that the frame / fork color on these “white” Waterford Roadeos is the same “cream” color (or close to) used on the head tubes of Rivs of that era as the idea was to have the paint job be a reverse of the Riv norm (i.e., white frame and fork with color on the head tube and accents instead of vice versa). So if anyone has a lead on good cream match for the typical head tube color, I’m game to hear it. Thanks!

Ted Durant

Jul 15, 2024, 4:28:47 PM (21 hours ago) Jul 15
to RBW Owners Bunch
On Monday, July 15, 2024 at 10:31:51 AM UTC-7 Craig B. wrote:
Hi folks — Does anyone know the colors used by Waterford to paint the Roadeos they built? Specifically the white frame and fork with the blue accents. The white seems to be slightly creamy or off-white. And I have no idea on the blue — sort of a royal blue I guess. Thanks!

Per Richard Schwinn:
Roadeo Styling Hot Blue w/Cream Accents
Roadeo Styling Hot Blue w/Riv Cream Accents and Red Decals.
Roadeo Styling Hot Red w/Cream Accents
Roadeo Styling White w/Blue Accents and Blue decals.
Roadeo Styling White w/Roadeo Red Accents
Hot Blue and Hot Red were both PPG colors.
The same colors were used to accent the white bikes.  The white is just standard white.

All of Waterford's paint has gone to Adam Blumenthal, Now You're Finished, www.nyfpaint.com. Richard can still provide decals, as can Rivendell, of course.

Ted Durant