PSA: Schwalbe CX Tires

George Schick

Jul 13, 2024, 1:47:15 PM (3 days ago) Jul 13
to RBW Owners Bunch
I was surfing around looking for a tire with small knobs that would fit under the fenders of my road bike for use on gravel paths.  I came across this Schwalbe X-One "bite" MY20 in 700x33C.  Turns out that they had 'em on sale for about $23.  And it's billed as a CX tire. So I bought a pair.  Mounted on Mavic Open Pro rims and inflated to about 60 lbs. they measure 31mm in width and about 24mm in height from the top edge of the rim to the smooth part of the outer part of the tire.  They make these in tubeless, but the ones on sale require tubes.  And they are folders.  Just thought I'd post this incase anyone is interested.

Bikie#4646

Jul 14, 2024, 10:44:22 PM (2 days ago) Jul 14
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks for the recommendation George. I very nice price on these indeed. Let us know how they ride.
 I too set up my Rivendell Homer Hilsen which I use for mixed surface riding with fenders and 38 mm tires.
Though I was afraid to run knobbies under fenders since I have heard others warn against it. My fender clearance is pretty tight - tighter than Jan Heine recommends anyway. Maybe you are running fenders with greater clearance?
Paul Germain
Midlothian, Va.
PS - I do run the Hilsen with PWD break away safety tabs on the front.
IMG_9100.jpeg

Paul Germain

Jul 14, 2024, 11:33:41 PM (2 days ago) Jul 14
to RBW Owners Bunch
Oops, sorry George. That was PDW safety tabs.
Paul Germain
Midlothian, Va.