Across the USA by Bike in 1983: A Rivendell-ish Adventure Documentary

Eric Norris

Sep 29, 2022, 6:59:34 PM9/29/22
to Eric Norris
I received an email about an upcoming documentary series about a group of 31 teenagers who rode their bikes across the US in 1983:

The film looks very interesting, based on the trailer on the web site. Fans of Rivendell will certainly see familiar themes that carry through to today: simple bikes, total lack of lycra, and a love of cycling. I can imagine a young Grant taking part in such an adventure.

I plan to watch for the release of the films in early 2023.

--Eric Norris
campyo...@me.com
Insta: @CampyOnlyGuy
YouTube: YouTube.com/CampyOnlyGuy

RichS

Sep 30, 2022, 12:51:21 PM9/30/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Looks good. Thank you for the heads up Eric.

Best,
Rich in ATL

Tim Tetrault

Sep 30, 2022, 1:07:10 PM9/30/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
This is indeed interesting. Are 14 yos still doing stuff like this much? A rite of passage...

John Moore

Sep 30, 2022, 1:08:52 PM9/30/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for posting. The following year, 1983 spent 5 months touring in Europe, starting in UK and ending in Crete. To this day, wish I kept going and traveled around the world. Oh well, still a life changing trip.

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 29, 2022, at 6:59 PM, 'Eric Norris' via RBW Owners Bunch <rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

I received an email about an upcoming documentary series about a group of 31 teenagers who rode their bikes across the US in 1983:

Craig Montgomery

Oct 2, 2022, 5:33:17 PM10/2/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
I miss my Bell helmet.