WTT: My 650b randonneur bike for your Cheviot

jamin orrall

Jun 9, 2024, 9:17:50 PMJun 9
to RBW Owners Bunch
This is a shot in the dark but I am looking to trade my nickel plated 61cm soma grand randonneur for a 60cm cheviot, open to all colors except orange.  Open to complete bike, roller or frameset.

I had a bronzey green cheviot for a long time, it was stolen around 2 years ago.  I miss it dearly.  If you have a cheviot and are interested let me know and I will send you detailed photos/info.

Wonderful bicycle!  I am the original owner.  I have had it for almost 10 years and have toured on it quite a bit.  It is not pristine, it has lots of patina and wear but plenty of life left.  I installed a new chain and cassette a couple weeks ago.  one little dent in the driveside seat stay that I got in the first 6 months, does not affect handling in any way, hard to spot because of the nickel plating, the seat stays on these frames are beefy, nothing to worry about.

build list:

Frame: Soma grand randonneur V3 61cm

Front wheel: Pacenti brevet to Shimano 105, Sapim laser spokes

Rear wheel: Pacenti brevet to kasai dynamo hub, sapim aser spokes

Cassette: Shimano xt 10 speed 11-32

Front der: Shimano 105 10 speed

Rear der: Shimano 105 10 speed

Shifters: Shimano dura ace 10 speed

Crankset: IRD defiant double 175mm 46/30

Seatpost: Velo Orange set back 27.2

Stem: Nitto technomic 80mm, 25.4 clamp

Handlebars: Compass/rene herse maes parallel 44cm

Brake levers: Shimano

Brakes: Vintage dia compe, kool stop pads

Fenders: Honjo hammered

Rack: Nitto, with removable lowriders

Pedals: VP vice

Bell: crane

geometry/info on frameset:

https://www.somafab.com/archives/product/grand-randonneur-frame-set-v2

IMG_1724.heic

jamin orrall

Jun 9, 2024, 9:22:37 PMJun 9
to RBW Owners Bunch
*Located in Eureka/Arcata California

jamin orrall

Jun 9, 2024, 9:29:10 PMJun 9
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here is an action shot from an overnight a couple weeks ago.
overnight to sue meg park-06 Large.jpeg

Kim H.

Jun 9, 2024, 11:13:02 PMJun 9
to RBW Owners Bunch
Message has been deleted

jamin orrall

Jun 9, 2024, 11:30:52 PMJun 9
to RBW Owners Bunch
I had not seen that one Kim, I don't have a Facebook account.  Sounds like he already has a bike build in the works.   I know I said no orange but I'm starting to change my mind on that color.

Kim H.

Jun 9, 2024, 11:50:15 PMJun 9
to RBW Owners Bunch
@Jamin,
...something to think about. The seller lives in Seattle, just north of where I live.
I do not care for orange either.

Kim Hetzel.

jamin orrall

Jun 14, 2024, 11:40:26 AMJun 14
to RBW Owners Bunch
Soma has been sold and is no longer up for trade.