ISO: Front brake cable hanger with M5 thread

Eric Marth

Nov 24, 2021, 4:54:42 PM11/24/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi all -- Looking for a silver front cable hanger that takes a barrel adjuster with an M5 thread. Want to drop one of these beautiful Chris Kirk barrel adjusters in there. Any ideas?

Thanks and peace!

Bill Lindsay

Nov 24, 2021, 6:03:11 PM11/24/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
The OP doesn't specify head tube diameter, threadless vs threaded, or whether it's going on the steerer, crown or stem.

Since this is the RBW Group and since most Rivendell bicycles are 1" threaded headsets with plenty of steertube, I'll assume that's the type the OP needs.  I believe the DiaCompe ones run a M5 x 0.8mm threaded barrel.  Cycles Grand Bois have them, and maybe you could find them elsewhere.

Of the three on that page I'm talking about the second or third one.  Not the first one.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

Eric Marth

Nov 24, 2021, 8:18:28 PM11/24/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks, Bill! You assumed correctly, this is for my 1" threaded Sam Hillborne.

Soma Fab and Velo Orange have the quick-release versions.