FS: Bikes on eBay, CraigsLIst, and Other Sites

Matthew Williams

Jul 8, 2020, 7:11:41 PM7/8/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
This thread is for Rivendells you've found on eBay, CraigsList, and sites beyond: bikes in which you think someone here might be interested. This thread isn't for posting ads to your own ad, it's just so people who are searching or interested have a place to look, like, "Hey, check this out!" Here are a few, from today's searches:

61cm Roadini

58cm Quickbeam

52cm Clementine

65cm Redwood

Lyman Labry

Jul 10, 2020, 10:24:10 AM7/10/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
This is great. Thanks for pulling this together.
Lyman in Austin

Jim Bronson

Jul 10, 2020, 10:39:09 AM7/10/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
As an owner of a Redwood, I liked the description of the Redwood for sale.

"the owner got it from HER brother"

That's one tall woman!

signature goes here

Lyman Labry

Jul 10, 2020, 10:54:40 AM7/10/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Roadini in my size!  Hmmmmm

Matthew Williams

Jul 10, 2020, 11:38:56 AM7/10/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Matt Beecher

Jul 10, 2020, 1:42:17 PM7/10/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
That is a 56 cm Atlantis, not a 58.

Cheers,
Matt B in Oswego, IL

Earls61

Jul 10, 2020, 1:44:59 PM7/10/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
https://www.searchtempest.com/

That website allows for keyword searches across all of craigslist and eBay at the same time.

Robert Alan
Central Ohio

Eric G@rs

Jul 10, 2020, 7:03:36 PM7/10/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I went to test ride that 58cm quickbeam today. It is in great shape, but the IGH needs some adjustment. I don't have enough experience with them to know exactly what that entails, but I'm sure it's probably easily achieved. 1500$ seems a little too steep to me so I decided against it.

Eric
SF

Lyman Labry

Jul 11, 2020, 10:17:57 AM7/11/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I inquired about the 61cm Roadini.  Needs wheels. Can anyone tecommend a light wheel set? Owner said bike weighs 25+ lbs.  That seemed heavier than I would have thought. But I don’t know.

Reid Echols

Jul 11, 2020, 10:46:58 AM7/11/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I’ve got a pretty nice (silver) roadie wheelset for sale here in Austin, if you’re in the market. Ultegra hubs and mavic rims. Feel free to PM if you’re interested!

Reid in Austin

Joe Bernard

Jul 11, 2020, 2:52:41 PM7/11/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I had a 53cm Roadini, 25 lbs. with a basic non-superlight wheelset sounds about right.

Lyman Labry

Jul 11, 2020, 3:37:55 PM7/11/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
That’s good information.
Thanks!

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 1:52 PM Joe Bernard <joer...@gmail.com> wrote:
I had a 53cm Roadini, 25 lbs. with a basic non-superlight wheelset sounds about right.

Mike Packard

Jul 11, 2020, 5:47:43 PM7/11/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I believe the Roadini has 130 mm rear spacing vs most (all?) other Rivs have 135, if that matters.

mike

bo richardson

Jul 12, 2020, 11:23:12 AM7/12/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Kim is pretty tall. Her Rambouillet is a 66 with custom root beer colored paint. Her Brothers Atlantis is a 68
and i doubt anyone has ever gotten more pleasure from their first ride on a bike that fits.However Kim doesnt need to warehouse a second tall Rivendell. The Redwood really is functionally new with the new drivetrain and top of the line non moving parts such as bar stem racks etc. It would be a shame for this bike to go back into storage in an already crowded dark garage...I am 5’6 and rode the redwood down to Cafe Velow and it rides like a true Rivendell, i.e. nice.

Lyman Labry

Jul 12, 2020, 2:07:44 PM7/12/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
My Crosscheck was about 25 lbs and when stripped down, was fairly swift.  I’m guessing, weight wise, that might be a valid comparison with 25lb Roadini. That gives me something to think about.

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 4:47 PM Mike Packard <mrg...@gmail.com> wrote:
I believe the Roadini has 130 mm rear spacing vs most (all?) other Rivs have 135, if that matters.

mike

Jack Barnes

Jul 12, 2020, 9:04:27 PM7/12/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Ian Terry

Jul 13, 2020, 10:45:50 AM7/13/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
This is a great idea! Thanks for starting the thread.

Ian Terry,
Miami, FL

Matthew Williams

Jul 18, 2020, 6:02:09 PM7/18/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Matthew Williams

Jul 20, 2020, 12:28:40 PM7/20/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Rivendell Early. Scottsdale, AZ.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184369570361

Eric Norris

Jul 20, 2020, 12:34:10 PM7/20/20
to RBW
Somebody please buy that Rivendell and take that gawdawful seat off it. There oughta be a law about such things ...

--Eric Norris
campyo...@me.com
Insta: @CampyOnlyGuy
YouTube: YouTube.com/CampyOnlyGuy

Eric G@rs

Jul 20, 2020, 7:37:26 PM7/20/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Philip Williamson

Jul 20, 2020, 10:39:45 PM7/20/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here’s an updated listing for the Quickbeam: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/d/pinole-rivendell-quickbeam-58/7159184472.html

It looks like a 56 to me, not a 58.

Philip
Santa Rosa, CA

Matthew Williams

Jul 21, 2020, 11:48:38 AM7/21/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
58cm Rivendell Custom.

Longmont, CO.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174356535993

Nathan F

Jul 21, 2020, 11:59:06 AM7/21/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Oof. Really wish that was up here in Portland!

Here's a custom that just popped up on ebay. Decent parts kit, but most importantly great tire clearance and cantis : )

Karl

Jul 21, 2020, 10:09:22 PM7/21/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Big person Quickbeam. Looks great! I need another foot of height to think about it!

Paul Richardson

Jul 22, 2020, 12:41:30 PM7/22/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Bones

Jul 22, 2020, 6:53:51 PM7/22/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Wow, I’ve been keeping my eye out for one of these. Anyone know the recommended saddle height for a 64 (mine is 80)?

christian poppell

Jul 22, 2020, 8:54:08 PM7/22/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi Bones,
I have a 64 cm with the saddle at 79 cm (183 cm ht with a 90mm PBH). An 80cm saddle height would allow the bars to be at or a few cm below the saddle. If you're looking for more saddle to bar drop you should go with a smaller size.

170702_S24O 006.jpg

Pic from a camping trip a few years back.

Christian

Berkeley, CA

Bones

Jul 22, 2020, 9:31:33 PM7/22/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Very helpful, thank you very much. My Rivs are more recent and have sloping top tubes. I assumed I could go larger with a level top tube.

Regards,
Bones

Scott Calhoun

Jul 23, 2020, 12:51:14 AM7/23/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I also ride a 64cm QB. My saddle height is 81.5cm and I’m 6’2.5” tall. It is on the big side when compared to some of my racy frames but fits great and I love the ride.

Matthew Williams

Jul 23, 2020, 12:13:22 PM7/23/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Matthew Williams

Jul 27, 2020, 9:59:49 AM7/27/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Kelly Mulholland

Jul 28, 2020, 11:48:51 AM7/28/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
That 64 cm Quickbeam in the DC area is mine! I am the second owner and got it from another list member. I’d love to keep it in the group, let me know if you have any questions

Matthew Williams

Jul 31, 2020, 8:27:17 PM7/31/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Message has been deleted

Justin Kennedy (Brooklyn, NY)

Aug 3, 2020, 11:19:50 AM8/3/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Kyle Altshuler

Aug 3, 2020, 11:44:42 AM8/3/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Very intrigued - I think I sent the poster an email, will see if it went through and I am in Manhattan so no shipping

Matthew Williams

Aug 6, 2020, 12:56:58 AM8/6/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Kainalu V. -Brooklyn NY

Aug 6, 2020, 1:23:14 PM8/6/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here's at least part of your dream bike-
Just a fork? no, not just any fork, it's a good one. A steal at $70?
"Rivendell made these nice steel forks for people who mistrusted carbon or wanted bigger tire clearance. 1 1/8 inch steerer, 45 degree rake. It's 6.5 cm wide at the crown, so it can take a big tire."

Matthew Williams

Aug 10, 2020, 12:40:59 PM8/10/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Matthew Williams

Aug 10, 2020, 12:51:00 PM8/10/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
53cm Legolas
South Lake Tahoe, CA
2000 obo

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274454671156?ul_noapp=true

s-l1600.jpg

Kainalu V. -Brooklyn NY

Aug 10, 2020, 4:01:03 PM8/10/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Now that's a $4500 bike...
-Kai

Joe Bernard

Aug 10, 2020, 4:09:05 PM8/10/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Indeed it is, somebody is in a mood to unload it quick. If you're anywhere near Tahoe, go now!

Pancake

Aug 11, 2020, 10:43:06 AM8/11/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Riding my Sam Hillborne around Lake Tahoe tomorrow, Legolas in my size .... bit it appears to be sold or unavailable. Anyone know more? I’m in South Lake for a few days stills
Abe

Nikko Mendoza

Aug 11, 2020, 10:48:26 AM8/11/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
That sold SO quickly

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 10, 2020, at 1:09 PM, Joe Bernard <joer...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Indeed it is, somebody is in a mood to unload it quick. If you're anywhere near Tahoe, go now!

Justin Kennedy (Brooklyn, NY)

Aug 12, 2020, 1:38:36 PM8/12/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Joe Bernard

Aug 12, 2020, 2:05:45 PM8/12/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
"The $3500 Clem L is on eBay. It's a nice bike but what on earth justifies the price here?"

Nothing. A stock complete is about $1700 and I don't see any replacement parts on this bike to justify that bonkers upcharge.

Collin A

Aug 12, 2020, 2:08:39 PM8/12/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Rohloff? That's like $1500 right there

Collin A

Aug 12, 2020, 2:10:24 PM8/12/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Whoops, that's an alfine...

Justin Kennedy (Brooklyn, NY)

Aug 12, 2020, 2:14:54 PM8/12/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Yep, ~$200 vs. $1500.....

Joe Bernard

Aug 12, 2020, 2:42:04 PM8/12/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
And it's a $200 I don't consider an upgrade from the stock cassette and derailer. It's a swap.

Matthew Williams

Aug 12, 2020, 3:15:08 PM8/12/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Message has been deleted

Bin Chen

Aug 12, 2020, 5:58:38 PM8/12/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
58cm Hunq, not cheap but these don't seem to come up often. Out in Modesto: https://modesto.craigslist.org/bik/d/escalon-rivendell-hunqapillar-touring/7174112835.html

On Wednesday, August 12, 2020 at 2:56:58 PM UTC-7 Benz Ouyang, Sunnyvale, CA wrote:
On Wednesday, August 12, 2020 at 11:05:45 AM UTC-7, Joe Bernard wrote:
"The $3500 Clem L is on eBay. It's a nice bike but what on earth justifies the price here?"

Nothing. A stock complete is about $1700 and I don't see any replacement parts on this bike to justify that bonkers upcharge.

Could be an unwilling sale, as in "wife told me to sell it, and it's on eBay, even though I listed it at such a ridiculous price that it'll never sell".

Message has been deleted

Matthew Williams

Aug 13, 2020, 10:22:34 PM8/13/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Matthew Williams

Aug 15, 2020, 10:10:40 PM8/15/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Matthew Williams

Aug 15, 2020, 10:17:41 PM8/15/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Rambouillet
66cm
1900
Charleston, WV
https://www.ebay.com/itm/293691908348

Matthew Williams

Aug 16, 2020, 4:21:28 PM8/16/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Joe Bernard

Aug 17, 2020, 7:36:30 PM8/17/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Pancake

Aug 18, 2020, 2:36:58 AM8/18/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Matthew Williams

Aug 22, 2020, 12:26:11 AM8/22/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Kevin D norcal

Aug 23, 2020, 9:50:27 PM8/23/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Rambouillet 58cm in SFO
*I'm new so not sure if I'm adding this to the list correctly - will find out.

Kevin D norcal

Aug 23, 2020, 10:17:18 PM8/23/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Quickbeam 58cm in Seattle
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bik/d/seattle-rivendell-quickbeam-single/7183045179.html

*too many 58's on the market IMO.  I need a 62cm.  If I find my 62 then I can put my 64's up for sale

Matthew Williams

Aug 23, 2020, 10:23:00 PM8/23/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

esoterica etc

Aug 25, 2020, 7:51:54 AM8/25/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Hey all,

I just checked out a local Soma San Marcos (collaboration between Grant Petersen and Soma) for sale in a 57cm. It's got a solid build list, topped off by a Rich Lesnik-built wheelset. To me, it feels very similar in ride quality to an A. Homer Hilsen. He's selling because he's in the process of building up a Sam Hillborne that fits him better. A bit overpriced I think, but he seemed open to negotiation. Another bonus is that the seller lives about two miles away from Cycles de Oro, bike shop of Dale Brown from Classic Rendezvous. Cheers,

~Mark
Raleigh, NC

Matthew Williams

Aug 25, 2020, 2:19:22 PM8/25/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Message has been deleted

Sean B.

Aug 26, 2020, 12:31:56 PM8/26/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Looking at the 51cm MUSA Atlantis since I'm local (Chicago). Looking for geo charts, but not having luck. Does any one know if that would be good for someone with a PBH of 82-83?

Justin Kennedy (Brooklyn, NY)

Aug 26, 2020, 12:46:26 PM8/26/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here's the old sizing chart for MUSA Atlantis and Homers. Looks like for PBH 82-83, a 53-54.5 is recommended. You could probably make it work though.

Ed Fausto

Aug 26, 2020, 8:05:59 PM8/26/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sean,
I have a 51 Toyo Atlantis and it feels a bit small for my 79.5pbh. Riv recommends that i should be on a 53 Atlantis.

On Aug 27, 2020, at 12:32 AM, Sean B. <seanc...@gmail.com> wrote:

Looking at the 51cm MUSA Atlantis since I'm local (Chicago). Looking for geo charts, but not having luck. Does any one know if that would be good for someone with a PBH of 82-83?

RetroGrouchy

Aug 27, 2020, 11:32:21 AM8/27/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I went and checked out the Heron for sale in Denver.  I believe it's actually a 59cm, and thus too big for me.  It's a really nice bike for $1000 though, good seller.  Someone should snap it up!

Matthew Williams

Aug 28, 2020, 12:00:55 PM8/28/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Ash

Aug 28, 2020, 12:27:11 PM8/28/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Does anyone recognize the tire on the orange Hillborne in Danville, CA?

Justin Kennedy (Brooklyn, NY)

Aug 28, 2020, 12:56:32 PM8/28/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I think it's a Soma Cazadero

Paul Richardson

Aug 28, 2020, 12:56:37 PM8/28/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm putting my money on Soma Cazadero.

paul
takoma park, md.

Paul Richardson

Aug 28, 2020, 12:57:56 PM8/28/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
JINX!!!

Ash

Aug 28, 2020, 1:44:16 PM8/28/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks Justin!  Thanks Paul!

Maybe those knobs are causing an optical illusion that makes the tires look wider than 42mm looking at the picture.

On Friday, 28 August 2020 at 09:57:56 UTC-7 Paul Richardson wrote:
JINX!!!

Justin Kennedy (Brooklyn, NY)

Aug 28, 2020, 2:13:13 PM8/28/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
They come in 50mm width too.

stephen c

Aug 29, 2020, 1:05:41 PM8/29/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
the Orange Hillborne appears to have Soma Cazaderos.

Does anyone have geo info on the Canti Romulus? is it the same geo as the eariler sidepull version? the geo charts i've seen, don't mention a 56 size.

thx.

Alex K

Aug 29, 2020, 1:05:41 PM8/29/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
They are Cazadero 42s!  Guaranteed.  No doubt.  100%

Matthew Williams

Aug 29, 2020, 3:37:43 PM8/29/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Jan O.

Aug 29, 2020, 4:06:44 PM8/29/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Matthew Williams

Sep 1, 2020, 5:56:51 PM9/1/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Matthew Williams

Sep 1, 2020, 6:14:49 PM9/1/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Matthew Williams

Sep 3, 2020, 7:29:55 PM9/3/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Kevin D norcal

Sep 4, 2020, 12:03:00 AM9/4/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Justin Kennedy (Brooklyn, NY)

Sep 9, 2020, 10:21:18 AM9/9/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Kevin D norcal - santa rosa

Sep 11, 2020, 5:43:57 PM9/11/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Jack Barnes

Sep 12, 2020, 6:15:30 PM9/12/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Ben Mihovk

Sep 14, 2020, 9:18:49 AM9/14/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274493743705?ul_noapp=true

Really great Homer just went up on the Bay. I don't know what the older Waterford sizing was for Homers...but if I didn't have an Atlantis on the way from Riv, this would be a no brainer (if it was definitely a size I'd fit into). Wowza.
Message has been deleted

Robert Cantoni

Sep 14, 2020, 3:20:04 PM9/14/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Anybody happen to know what the standover would be on this 64cm Waterford Sam? Looks like a nice bike! I don't know whether older geometries are available in some part of rivbike.com...

Alberto Robador

Sep 14, 2020, 3:21:20 PM9/14/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Kevin D norcal - santa rosa

Sep 16, 2020, 5:25:53 PM9/16/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Kevin D norcal - santa rosa

Sep 16, 2020, 5:28:52 PM9/16/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
And the 64cm Ram in SFO-SouthBay has returned to CL (no affiliation)

Paul Richardson

Sep 18, 2020, 2:20:02 PM9/18/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
64cm Quickbeam in DC area is back.

No affiliation, but I did meet up with the seller for a test ride and can confirm that he's a super nice guy and the bike is in great shape (IMO).  I can also confirm that I need a 66 or 68 'beam if anybody's got one they're looking to part with...

joe

Sep 22, 2020, 12:11:54 PM9/22/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
It is loading more messages.