Tosco Bar-end Shifter

Doug H.

Nov 20, 2021, 5:06:38 PM11/20/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
I wasn't digging the Shimano flat bar shifter on my Tosco bars so I installed a Microshift bar end shifter today. I think it is an improvement although I may go with a thumb shifter mount at some point. In my opinion the Shimano shifter doesn't play well on swept back bars. Photos in the link:

Doug

Joe Bernard

Nov 20, 2021, 7:34:35 PM11/20/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
It worked! Wow, you even have room under the Ergon grip for the cable. I tried this years ago with a Shimano bar-end and wasn't that lucky. Score!

Joe Bernard

Doug H.

Nov 20, 2021, 7:44:14 PM11/20/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
It did! Even without a groove in the Ergon grips it fit nicely and the location the cable enters/exits the Microshift shifter was perfect. I appreciate you texting me through the shifter swap Joe. For those thinking of reusing a shifter cable, good luck. I got it all together with a new cable and then realized there was no barrel adjuster (I should have noticed, I know). So, I pulled that new cable out to install an inline one, intending to reuse it, but it frayed. So, off to the local bike shop for another cable. Yes, I bought an extra one.
Doug