Re: [RBW] Re: FS: 56cm Sam Hillborne 2009

Message has been deleted

Patrick Moore

Nov 2, 2020, 1:36:48 PM11/2/20
to rbw-owners-bunch
I owned one like yours, first edition, 56 cm, and in fact it was Riv's floor model with their build; very nice, tho' for various reasons it didn't after all fit my needs and preferences. I had lowrider bosses attached to the fork legs.

How much weight can you carry in that basket before handling turns wonky? I recall just for a look-see putting 40 lb or so (gallon milk jugs filled with water) into front lowriders and I could hardly steer! The bike just insisted on going straight; I guess due to the highish flop factor, or whatever the technical term is. Of course, no one expects to carry 40 lb in front in the real world, but I wonder what the limit is.

The IRD high-profile cantis that the Riv crew had installed remain my Platonic archetype of braking goodness and beauty; wish I'd kept them.

On Sun, Nov 1, 2020 at 11:11 PM Alberto Robador <arob...@gmail.com> wrote:
People are asking for the different options and prices:

Option 1
Frame, fork, headset, and bottom bracket $750
Option 2
Complete $1400, build featuring:
Wheels: Velocity A23 (tubeless ready) with Shimano 105 rear hub and SP dynamo front hub.
Drivetrain: Sugino XD, rear microshift derailleur, front IRD derailleur, 9sp cassette (custom randonneur model designed by Sheldon Brown and sold by Harris Cyclery), Shimano 9sp bar-end shifters)
Handlebar/stem: Nitto 46cm Noodle bar with Nitto technomic deluxe 5cm stem
Seatpost: Nitto Chrystal Fellow (what else!)
Brakes: Paul Component Neo Retro with Shimano levers
Option 3
Frameset and wheelset $1200

* Saddle, pedals, and water bottle/cage are not for sale.
Extras
Front light: Busch & Müller Lumotec IQ-X $100
Rear Ocean Air Cycles Nitto rack $100
Nitto Mini Front rack F-32 $100
I have a few Riv bags, just ask!

***I should mention that it has a couple of dings, one on the top tube and one on the seat tube where the front derailleur clamps. I’ve included a couple of pictures. Rivendell told me that they’re of no concern, but they’re there, and it is what it is...the paint is in pretty good condition apart from some chips here and there.

IMG_3690.JPG
IMG_3691.JPG

On Saturday, October 31, 2020 at 10:46:55 AM UTC-7 Alberto Robador wrote:
Hey there, I’ve got a 2009 56cm Sam Hillborne that I’m looking to sell as a frameset, rolling chassis, or complete. Color is the old metallic green, some people find it terrible and some others seem to really like it. I personally think is great.

Below you can find the geometry, it’s slightly different that the newer 55cm ones

email me if interested: arobadora at gmail dot com

Hillborne.jpg
Hillborne Geo.png

Patrick Moore

Message has been deleted