Rivendell Rosco-Bubbe Road (quickbeam with gears)

CMR

Jun 21, 2024, 1:14:58 AM (12 days ago) Jun 21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Selling a versatile and fun bike. It rides a lot like a quickbeam and has a few nice touches that make it distinct. Horizontal dropouts so build a nice single speed for less than the price of a Roaduno frameset! I have a nice Ultegra/Mavic open sport with a single speed spacer kit and 2 single speed cogs if interested.

As seen here: https://rivbike.tumblr.com/post/154226333284/the-rosco-bubbe-project-frames-and-a-few-demos

ETT: 57.5cm
Seattube CTT: 58cm
Headtube angle: 72.5
Seattube angle: 72
Bottom bracket drop: 73mm
Chainstay length: 45cm
Headtube length: 16.7cm
Quickbeam fork!

This is almost identical to a 58cm quickbeam: http://cyclofiend.com/Images/pdf/quickbeam_geometry.pdf

Sizing is deceptive because it has a dropped top tube with extended seatpost collar and headtube. Set up as shown with 74cm seat height.

-Dura ace crankset, 1x with a new bottom bracket
-New deore rear derailleur, new cables/housing, new chain, new freewheel
-Generic but functional v-brakes (new cables/housing), wide rim wheelset
-New Schwalbe marathons 700x42, with plenty of room for larger tires or fenders.
-Remarkable, famous, one-of-a-kind BUBBE LIFTER tube
-Soma Lucas front rack, Wald basket, useful basket net from Riv
-Brooks Swallow in excellent condition, not broken in
-Pictured pedals are not included but I have SPDs or flats if you’d like
-Rosco-Bubbe t shirt (thanks Bill!)

$1,400 picked up in Menlo Park, happy to drop it off if nearby. Not interested in selling the frameset alone and I want to avoid shipping for now.

More pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/21267164@N02/with/53805889375

IMG_2809 Medium.jpeg
IMG_2813 Medium.jpeg
IMG_2812 Medium.jpeg

CMR

Jun 24, 2024, 6:57:01 PM (8 days ago) Jun 24
to RBW Owners Bunch

  Price drop - $1,200 without saddle or front rack set-up and 1,300 for everything. Thanks!

CMR

Jun 28, 2024, 12:49:07 PM (4 days ago) Jun 28
to RBW Owners Bunch
Now open to shipping at cost - thanks!

Congrats to all who grabbed a Roaduno.

CMR

Jul 1, 2024, 3:45:47 PM (yesterday) Jul 1
to RBW Owners Bunch
Higher quality photos now in the Flickr link, sorry they were compressed when uploading: