Tenere32 tenere746@gmail.com???

Michael Moote

Jul 1, 2024, 5:40:41 PM (yesterday) Jul 1
to RBW Owners Bunch
Made a post (that was since deleted?) looking for a clem size 52. Got a few messages from different folks before my post got taken down.... but tenere had a clem in the size I was looking for, photos, etc... but wanted to check in here to see if anyone knew them?

email address tene...@gmail.com

Cyclofiend Jim

Jul 1, 2024, 5:43:51 PM (yesterday) Jul 1
to RBW Owners Bunch
Sorry Michael - I may have nicked that post accidentally. We had a few weird ones pop up over the weekend.

To be very clear, I would not in any way trust them to be a legit source.

They are not a group member, so I suspect it's similar to the issues we had with another random gmail account.

If someone sends you photos of an item but have no history of interacting within this group, I personally would give it a hard pass. There are many, many scammers floating around who can easily scrape appropriate images off the web.

- Jim / list admin

Message has been deleted

Bill Lindsay

Jul 1, 2024, 5:46:55 PM (yesterday) Jul 1
to RBW Owners Bunch
That does not ring a bell and if you type "tenere" into the search window, only your post comes up.  So that's suspicious.  Do not send them money until you lay out a transfer plan that protects you.  There are several ways to do that, but it that person is a scammer, they won't agree to any of them.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

Cyclofiend Jim

Jul 1, 2024, 5:49:44 PM (yesterday) Jul 1
to RBW Owners Bunch
And there was a post back on June 15th when I removed them from the group.

Cyclofiend Jim

Jul 1, 2024, 5:52:08 PM (yesterday) Jul 1
to RBW Owners Bunch
Weirdly... (and I'm looking at you, google groups!) if you type just "tenere" into the search, it returns only this thread. But if you add the number 746 to the name, another post shows up.
Message has been deleted

Cyclofiend Jim

Jul 1, 2024, 6:02:09 PM (yesterday) Jul 1
to RBW Owners Bunch
So - just to repeat it enough so it becomes common knowledge:

If you post a WTB or "looking for..." ad, and someone emails you directly, the first step is to search for any previous posts in this group.

If there are no posts from that email address that would fall under my personal "One Strike and You're Out!" rule.

If you still are not convinced, search for their email address in the Group Members section.

If they are not a member, or joined in the last few weeks, that would easily be a second strike (sorry about the extended baseball metaphor here...)

Finally, if you really feel they are an honest person, search their email address in google.

Which I just did.... and.... I've attached the result in a screenshot... Looks like he was trying to sell a big diesel tank as well.

That would seem to provide a SOLID strike three for this person.

Jim / list admin
"Trust, but verify"
Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 2.59.08 PM.png

Matthew Williams

Jul 1, 2024, 10:23:22 PM (yesterday) Jul 1
to RBW Owners Bunch