Roaduno - Are you buying one?

Doug H.

Jun 23, 2024, 4:59:43 PM (9 days ago) Jun 23
to RBW Owners Bunch
The Roaduno sale begins Thursday June 27th noon Pacific time. Who is planning to buy one? Will you buy a frameset to build up or a complete? Color preference?

I'm curious as to the demand for this bike. It's not JUST a single speed which I think is cool. And, cool is good in my lingo. What do you all think of the stock components?

Let's talk Roaduno!!

Doug

P W

Jun 23, 2024, 9:15:44 PM (9 days ago) Jun 23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
🙋🏻‍♂️

Silver. Frame and fork.

Build ready to go!

On Jun 23, 2024, at 1:59 PM, Doug H. <dhansf...@gmail.com> wrote:

The Roaduno sale begins Thursday June 27th noon Pacific time. Who is planning to buy one? Will you buy a frameset to build up or a complete? Color preference?

I'm curious as to the demand for this bike. It's not JUST a single speed which I think is cool. And, cool is good in my lingo. What do you all think of the stock components?

Let's talk Roaduno!!

Doug

Adam in Indiana

Jun 23, 2024, 10:35:29 PM (9 days ago) Jun 23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Strongly leaning toward one… Complete, probably mustard.

tio ryan

Jun 24, 2024, 9:42:42 AM (9 days ago) Jun 24
to RBW Owners Bunch
I am very much considering a 47.5 complete and I'm assuming that size will be a 650b wheel. Currently deciding between silver or mustard, but I wouldn't be mad at purple either. My first bmx bike as a kid was purple. I plan to run it single-speed, but take comfort in knowing it can easily transform into a 3x1 and I'm sure I'll give that a try sometime down the road. However, a single-speed Riv is what I desire the most since I don't really need gears on my daily commute and find them distracting when commuting with my platypus.

I like that the completes will come with choco bars, as I don't have a set of those yet and they're the ideal swept back city-bar according to my good friend who rides them (I'm team albatross atm).

-tio "where did I stash my spare blue lug shifter boss cover" ryan

Brian Forsee

Jun 24, 2024, 10:15:14 AM (9 days ago) Jun 24
to RBW Owners Bunch
I've gone back and forth on the Roaduno. The majority of my bikes are set up single speed when I first heard about it I was enamored. My enthusiasm waned when I heard it would be more of a homer SS vs a clem SS (I think the very first info was talking tire sizes in the 55 range?). Then the photos of the products bikes started coming in. Woo baby! What a nice looking bike. And that purple! I think the roaduno would be a great city commuter bike. However,  I don't think I'll buy one. Maybe I will regret it. But the 45c no fender clearance just isn't quite enough for me for a bike with such high versatility potential. Could i ride 45c tires on singletrack? Sure. Would I have as much fun as i would on a 55c tire? I personally would not.

Brian

Bill Lindsay

Jun 24, 2024, 10:34:39 AM (9 days ago) Jun 24
to RBW Owners Bunch
I took the 3x1 inspiration to do a 3x1 Rivendell build on a Romulus.  I rode that bike up Mount Diablo this month and it's becoming a favorite bike in my large stable. Here's a photo of the bike at the summit:

I feel like I'm exactly in between a 54.5 and a 58.  The 58 has the Reach, but very high Stack.  The 54.5 has a more reasonable Stack, but it's short on the Reach.  The build concept would influence the size.  I could run a 54.5 with drops and a long stem.  I could run a 58 with a low stem and low rise flat bars.

I confess that Will tempted me with the statement "at least one maniac will put a Regina 5-speed freewheel on theirs.  I am a big fan of multi-gear 120mm OLD builds, so now I feel like I've been challenged.  Ha ha.  I'll think on it some more when the product page comes out.

One of the visual concepts I've got bouncing in my head would be the silver color with absolutely every single thing on the build SILVER.  Light grey grips, tires, saddle.  100% silver components.  Not a single speck of black.  I think grey rubber tires would have tan sidewalls, so that would be the only other color.  That could look really good.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

velomann

Jun 24, 2024, 11:22:36 AM (9 days ago) Jun 24
to RBW Owners Bunch
I was so excited about this bike when it was initially in the planning stages about 2 years ago. I was psyched about a true Rivendell singlespeed that would take wide-ish tires and have that smooth geometry. Was in communication with Will and Grant, got confirmation of 650b, 120 rear spacing, cantilever posts... Started buying parts (Surly hubs, Velocity rims, Paul Mini-motos and levers...)

Then things started getting weird. Derailleur hanger (Not my ideal but I could live with it) Single downtube shifter boss (I love DT shifters, but not on a singlespeed.) But they finally lost me at "Long-reach sidepull." I truly don't understand the thinking in that decision; it feels like a cost and/or labor saving decision and it really disappointed me.

I hope for Riv's sake that I'm wrong, but it feels like a bike designed for an audience of about 10 people.

So no, I was all in, but no longer.

Mike M

Joe Bernard

Jun 24, 2024, 11:34:27 AM (9 days ago) Jun 24
to RBW Owners Bunch
Bill,

I love the monochrome idea. I remember a Specialized Allez back in the day in silver with the grey-ish silver 105 group, grey bar tape and saddle. It was sweet!

Joe Bernard
Clearlake CA

Bill Lindsay

Jun 24, 2024, 11:56:55 AM (8 days ago) Jun 24
to RBW Owners Bunch
Two comments:

1. If you're close-by enough, go ride the demo bike(s) when they are built.  That will probably confirm your current path, but maybe it'll surprise you.  There really has never been a bike exactly like this, even if it has turned into something that doesn't match your vision of what you wanted

2.  With the $1750 you've "saved" you can probably get your perfect thing built to fit those nice parts!  If you do, I hope you'll show it off

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

P W

Jun 24, 2024, 12:25:29 PM (8 days ago) Jun 24
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
To Bill’s all silver idea: I’m going very, very black with mine.

Originally I wanted all black everything, to make the silver pop and because I figured most people would do a silver-leaning build.

But have had to make some concessions along the way, due to availability and deals too good to ignore.

I’d post the photo I took of the build kit, but don’t want to ruin the reveal before the bike is even in hand!

On Jun 24, 2024, at 7:34 AM, Bill Lindsay <tape...@gmail.com> wrote:

I took the 3x1 inspiration to do a 3x1 Rivendell build on a Romulus.  I rode that bike up Mount Diablo this month and it's becoming a favorite bike in my large stable. Here's a photo of the bike at the summit:

Richard Rose

Jun 24, 2024, 12:43:11 PM (8 days ago) Jun 24
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Bill Lindsay, are you basing the geo numbers on the Homer? Interesting that Riv are planning a pre sale in three days without any published photos of actual production frames/bikes/colors or geometry.
Sent from my iPhone

Adam in Indiana

Jun 24, 2024, 1:10:53 PM (8 days ago) Jun 24
to RBW Owners Bunch
Was there an email or blog announcement for the Roaduno presale? I didn’t even know it was starting this Thursday, but figured I had just missed the email or accidentally deleted it.

tio ryan

Jun 24, 2024, 1:41:41 PM (8 days ago) Jun 24
to RBW Owners Bunch
Adam, it sounds like you may have been unsubscribed from the email list. I was too and had to sign up again with an alternate email address to receive them.

The last two newsletters talk about the Roaduno.

Danny

Jun 24, 2024, 1:58:46 PM (8 days ago) Jun 24
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Richard, this is from Will's latest email about the Roadunos.

It's not on the size chart yet, but the Homer is almost exactly the same geometry,

-Danny

Bill Lindsay

Jun 24, 2024, 2:00:33 PM (8 days ago) Jun 24
to RBW Owners Bunch

"I’m going very, very black with mine"

The kids call that "murdered out".  I look forward to seeing it.

BL in EC

Edwin W

Jun 24, 2024, 2:33:32 PM (8 days ago) Jun 24
to RBW Owners Bunch
Like Bill, I feel like am exactly in between sizes, for me 58 and 61.5. I will build a bike with a frameset and parts I mostly have.

For those who are between sizes: what are some of the things you are thinking about?

For me:
  • I will be riding single speed or fixed
  • For a bar: I will probably get a bar like the MAP ahearne.
  • for a stem, I might get a slightly longer one for the 58, a slightly shorter for the 61.5

I will be interested to hear everyone's thought process.

Edwin

T s

Jun 25, 2024, 10:04:02 AM (8 days ago) Jun 25
to RBW Owners Bunch
I was very interested when it was going to be a burly canti frame, I am a single speed enthusiast and already have two bikes that would overlap with the Roaduno (custom ant set up as a 2x1 and Frank Jones Sr, was looking for one that could offer something differen

Laing Conley

Jun 25, 2024, 11:51:44 AM (7 days ago) Jun 25
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Purple, 54.5 frame. Silver parts from the stash, maybe old Campagnolo Nuovo Record or Tipo or Sansin HF hubs, NOS Stronglight/Spidel 93 crankset. Maybe manual 2 speed - Double freewheel and double crank, 3 tooth difference on each to keep the wheel in the same location. Fattest tires that fit. VO Klunker handlebars on Nitto Faceplater stem? Wide Nitto Wavies?

I actually have an NOS 5 speed Regina Oro freewheel and NOS Campagnolo Rally derailleur in the parts stash - Nah - I love the looks of a single speed.

Laing
Delray Beach, FL

Ken Yokanovich

Jun 25, 2024, 2:38:02 PM (7 days ago) Jun 25
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'd go with a Mustard complete and make any changes once I rode it a bit. If I were to get one, but like Mike M pointed out a few posts back:  You lost me at "Long-reach sidepull."  I used to have a Quickbeam that I REALLY enjoyed with cantilever brakes and I have a Frank Jones now that I love.  I think I will hold out for the next batch of Appaloosas, depending on when my Roadeo is done.

Dave S

Jun 26, 2024, 10:03:01 AM (7 days ago) Jun 26
to RBW Owners Bunch

Richard Rose

Jun 26, 2024, 11:58:00 AM (6 days ago) Jun 26
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
No pics of the Silver?
Sent from my iPhone

Joe Bernard

Jun 26, 2024, 12:50:41 PM (6 days ago) Jun 26
to RBW Owners Bunch
Will says on Instagram that they're building up a silver and posting pics today.

Marty Gierke, Stewartstown PA

Jun 26, 2024, 5:46:21 PM (6 days ago) Jun 26
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here it is!

Screen Shot 2024-06-26 at 5.44.57 PM.png

Marty Gierke, Stewartstown PA

Jun 26, 2024, 5:50:10 PM (6 days ago) Jun 26
to RBW Owners Bunch
And I agree about the missing canti option. With the upcoming V-brake I would have bit the bullet on a silver one myself.

Marty

Richard Rose

Jun 26, 2024, 6:19:26 PM (6 days ago) Jun 26
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Question to the group; anyone ever bought a bike solely for the downtube graphics? Riv nailed it with this Roaduno at least in my book. I do particularly like it on the silver but all three look good to me.
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 26, 2024, at 5:50 PM, Marty Gierke, Stewartstown PA <martin...@gmail.com> wrote:

And I agree about the missing canti option. With the upcoming V-brake I would have bit the bullet on a silver one myself.

Marty

Bill Lindsay

Jun 26, 2024, 6:54:00 PM (6 days ago) Jun 26
to RBW Owners Bunch
The down tube graphics are exceptional.  I agree the purple "1" on the silver pops.  I'm hooked on the Saint Jump stickers.

I bought two different R05C0 8U883 bikes because of the rocket headbadge.  The Rosco Bubbe Road that I owned is available from CMR right now, and I endorse it.

I half want to convince one of you frame set buyers to get a complete instead so I can grab the parts kit.  I want a set of the svelte new Silver cranks (in 173) and the Saint Jump wheels are great too.  If you are in the East Bay hand-off range and want to do something, let me know.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

Bill Lindsay

Jun 26, 2024, 8:06:56 PM (6 days ago) Jun 26
to RBW Owners Bunch
New Email Newsletter all about the Roaduno is out.  So, based on my above "offer", if you plan to buy a 58 or a 61.5 frame set, think about getting the complete instead and letting me in on the parts.  The price delta is $650.  My offer is $700 plus my personal expert labor in helping you pull your complete together.  You'll get the frame a hair cheaper.  I only want to do this if it's local, so we don't have to ship things around.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

Doug H.

Jun 27, 2024, 8:05:40 AM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to RBW Owners Bunch
As much as I enjoy single speed riding I don't plan to buy a Roaduno today. I think the Silver with all black components would be so nice. Good luck to all who plan to buy! Keep your fingers on your keyboard.
Doug

Edwin W

Jun 27, 2024, 9:12:50 AM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to RBW Owners Bunch
Bill,

That is an awesome offer! I wish I still lived in Berkeley... I would love to do that.

Sadly (for this reason) in Nashville,

Edwin

Richard Rose

Jun 27, 2024, 9:36:58 AM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I have thought I’d like all three color options - and I do. But dang that silver kills.
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 26, 2024, at 6:54 PM, Bill Lindsay <tape...@gmail.com> wrote:

The down tube graphics are exceptional.  I agree the purple "1" on the silver pops.  I'm hooked on the Saint Jump stickers.

P W

Jun 27, 2024, 9:39:50 AM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I don’t think I’d have been upset if I’d had to get the  Purple one tho.

The complete in that colour that Riv posted looks really nice, I think.

Might just be because it’s my size!

Good luck today anyone that’s going for one!

On Jun 27, 2024, at 6:36 AM, Richard Rose <rmro...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have thought I’d like all three color options - and I do. But dang that silver kills.

tio ryan

Jun 27, 2024, 9:45:32 AM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to RBW Owners Bunch
I blocked off 30 mins on my work calendar "Busy, 3pm".

-tio "you only need one" ryan

lconley

Jun 27, 2024, 3:13:50 PM (5 days ago) Jun 27
to RBW Owners Bunch
One 54.5 in Ana Purple complete ordered. I decided that I like the high flange hubs on the wheelset and the new crankset so I ordered a complete instead of a frameset.

Laing
Delray Beach FL

Bill Lindsay

Jun 27, 2024, 4:25:35 PM (5 days ago) Jun 27
to RBW Owners Bunch
They appear to be moving, but it's not a total frenzy like some other releases in the past.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

tio ryan

Jun 27, 2024, 4:41:15 PM (5 days ago) Jun 27
to RBW Owners Bunch
Didn't realize until placing my order (47.5 silver complete) that there weren't any 47.5 frames available.

47.5 complete in silver was sold out immediately after I got my order in.

-tio

Jon Dukeman

Jun 27, 2024, 4:50:58 PM (5 days ago) Jun 27
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Go to the riv info page click on dealers.
One of those dealers might have what you are looking for or have one being delivered .

Edwin W

Jun 27, 2024, 5:02:52 PM (5 days ago) Jun 27
to RBW Owners Bunch
I wonder how many they ordered of each iteration - with three colors and 5 sizes of frames and five sizes of completes, that could be up to something like 150 bikes (frames and completes) if they got 5 of each iteration listed, or 300 if they got 10. Or something in between if they mixed and matched.

I hope they sell a lot and fill up their coffers!

61.5 purple frame,

Edwin

Richard Rose

Jun 27, 2024, 6:37:19 PM (5 days ago) Jun 27
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Curious about the numbers too. I know vendors are all different but remember reading about Black Mountain difficulties due to minimum orders - something like 30 of each size / color? It put him - Black Mountain - in jeopardy. They made it work with single frame colors & fewer sizes.
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 27, 2024, at 5:02 PM, Edwin W <dween...@hotmail.com> wrote:

I wonder how many they ordered of each iteration - with three colors and 5 sizes of frames and five sizes of completes, that could be up to something like 150 bikes (frames and completes) if they got 5 of each iteration listed, or 300 if they got 10. Or something in between if they mixed and matched.

Eric Daume

Jun 27, 2024, 7:25:00 PM (5 days ago) Jun 27
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I agree on this. I love single speeds, and the 3x1 flexibility looks fun, and the 61.5m profile looks just right for me, but those long reach brakes are a deal breaker for me. I've built bikes with them in the past, and their stopping power in the wet is inadequate for me. Maybe the Riv guys never ride across a section of wet grass and then need to stop for a road crossing, but I have, and had some scares with these brakes.

Eric
in Plain City, OH, wondering how they use those brakes in hills

On Wed, Jun 26, 2024 at 5:50 PM Marty Gierke, Stewartstown PA <martin...@gmail.com> wrote:
And I agree about the missing canti option. With the upcoming V-brake I would have bit the bullet on a silver one myself.

Marty

brendonoid

Jun 27, 2024, 9:13:07 PM (5 days ago) Jun 27
to RBW Owners Bunch
Another Riv that excited me until the inexplicable change to sidepulls.

I think I know why Riv has done this twice now but damn it is annoying.

Bill Lindsay

Jun 27, 2024, 9:51:07 PM (5 days ago) Jun 27
to RBW Owners Bunch
It's clear lots of people wanted a single speed Appaloosa or a single speed Hunqapillar.  It's natural for those people to be sad that Rivendell offered a single speed A. Homer Hilsen instead. Those who wanted a single speed A Homer Hilsen are presumably pleased.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

T s

Jun 28, 2024, 7:14:51 AM (5 days ago) Jun 28
to RBW Owners Bunch
For sure, I was in the hunq camp, but I get why a slightly lighter weight option makes sense.  I would have been happy with a SS Hillborne as canti’s would have allowed for just a little bit more tire/fender clearance, I was still tempted when I saw that 650b was the wheel size for my size frame as that’d be different than what I have, but the LR brakes kill it for me.

Mathias Steiner

Jun 28, 2024, 8:57:44 AM (5 days ago) Jun 28
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm going to write it down to see if I'm the only one who thinks the following:

(i) I'm glad the Tektro 559s are available. Even with the pads all the way down, they allow "OK" braking even with the factory pads. I'm not sure I'd be happy if I lived where it's hilly.

(ii) Fenders are problematic because the 559s provide obstacles much lower than the brake bridge/fork crown.
Notably, there's a spring sticking down; the silver Roaduno pictures show that clearly.

(iii) Braking is better with Cantis, much better with V brakes. Overall I prefer cantilever, for the versatility.

Richard Rose

Jun 28, 2024, 9:37:02 AM (5 days ago) Jun 28
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Is the Paul Racer not an option on these bikes?
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 28, 2024, at 8:57 AM, Mathias Steiner <mathiass...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm going to write it down to see if I'm the only one who thinks the following:

DavidP

Jun 28, 2024, 9:51:24 AM (5 days ago) Jun 28
to RBW Owners Bunch
A Paul Racer (or other centerpull) could be used on a RoadUno (or Homer, Roadini, etc.), you'd just need to add cable hangers at the headset/stem and seat binder bolt.

My primary road bike is a Malocchio with 559s and fenders. I also have a Pescadero with maxed out GC610 centerpulls. I've had these bikes setup with the same fenders, wheels, and tires (moved most of the parts from the Pescadero to the Malocchio frame when I got it). Breaking performance between the two setups seems about the same to me and has been perfectly adequate even when caught in a downpour on the 559s, but (1) I'm fairly light and live in an area with rolling hills and (2) the 559s are not maxed out on the front of the Malocchio.

Riv says the RoadUno takes 46mm without a fender and 43mm with - maybe they haven't actually set one up with 43s and 559s but that doesn't sound problematic to me and my experience with 559s and fenders hasn't been problematic.

I like the RoadUno and am looking forward to seeing the builds, but am not planning on getting one. My RoadUno proxy is a Handsome Devil with 38s, fenders, and cantilevers, built up this spring and soon to be converted to 3x1. It also brakes fine.

-Dave

dane...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2024, 9:56:14 AM (5 days ago) Jun 28
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hmm... I live somewhere hilly (Vermont) and ride my roadini on everything granted the pads on the 559s on the roadini are high in the slot nd i swapped out for Kool Stops.  Not arguing that they are the most powerful brakes ever but they seem to do the job.

-Dan

P W

Jun 28, 2024, 11:01:28 AM (5 days ago) Jun 28
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
image0.jpeg

Oh, it definitely is!

And was one of my very first (and easy) decisions when I began planning and collecting for my build.

Admittedly, they work best when direct mounted, but I’ve never felt they lacked for braking power running as center mounts instead. Especially not on road.

They’re also one of the suggestions Riv makes for brake options on the Uno frame set page.

I do understand how they might be a financial concern for people tho - they’re not exactly cheap!

Although they do tend to come up on the secondhand market often.

On Jun 28, 2024, at 6:56 AM, dane...@gmail.com <dane...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hmm... I live somewhere hilly (Vermont) and ride my roadini on everything granted the pads on the 559s on the roadini are high in the slot nd i swapped out for Kool Stops.  Not arguing that they are the most powerful brakes ever but they seem to do the job.

J Schwartz

Jun 28, 2024, 11:42:06 AM (5 days ago) Jun 28
to RBW Owners Bunch
Did RBW say if they were upgrading the stock pads on those Yokozuna brakes?
The 559's with decent pads have worked totally fine for me.

Mike Rossi

Jun 28, 2024, 11:56:31 AM (4 days ago) Jun 28
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Tektro 559”s clear SKS 50mm fenders just fine.
image0.png
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 28, 2024, at 11:42 AM, J Schwartz <jasonas...@gmail.com> wrote:

Did RBW say if they were upgrading the stock pads on those Yokozuna brakes?

Mike Packard

Jun 28, 2024, 2:52:49 PM (4 days ago) Jun 28
to RBW Owners Bunch
The brakes on the completes are not exactly Tektro 559. From https://www.rivbike.com/products/roaduno-complete :

Brakes: Sidepulls, long reach. Brand is Yokuzuna. They're cold-forged and excellent, and are nearly identical to Tektro 559 (57-73mm brake reach)

Mike

Adam in Indiana

Jun 28, 2024, 10:04:41 PM (4 days ago) Jun 28
to RBW Owners Bunch
I’ve been riding 559’s for years on a roady single speed, and have never had problems or complaints with them. Anecdotal, I know, but just thought I’d throw in a few words in their favor. I would have been happy with cantis on the Roaduno as well, but not if it meant an Appaloosa or Hunqua frame…I wanted the lighter “every-road” frame.

tio ryan

Jun 29, 2024, 9:35:36 AM (4 days ago) Jun 29
to RBW Owners Bunch
I woke up this morning thinking about gear ratios -- crunching numbers on BikeCalc and referencing the previous single-speeds I've enjoyed throughout the years. Things of note about the 'uno:
  • An in-the-box COMPLETE comes with a 38t big ring and a 26t small ring and a 16t cog on a flip-flop hub
The stock gear ratio on a 43mm tire equates to 62 gear inches, since mine will have 650b wheels. That's going to be too small, since I'm used to 69 gear inches on my Kuwahara and I pedaled 73 gear inches for many years on my IRO (it's not very hilly here). I'm also not into the chainguard aesthetic and the stock rings are not the best-looking on their own. I want my drivetrain to look clean, that's something I appreciate about a singlespeed bicycle.

Here's where I'm at currently. I'm in possession of a 18t eno fw with wear (from my iro) and stock is 16t. If the math is correct and I'm seeking a ratio in the 69-73 zone:

with stock freewheel (16t)
42t = 69
43t = 71
44t = 72

with my freewheel (18t)
47t = 69
48t = 70
49t = 72

Searching eBay, there aren't a lot of options for good looking 110bcd rings. I currently have my eye on a 42t salsa and a 48t sugino ring. I don't know much about em, but the willow chainrings look really sweet. What's the story on those? I'd love one for my roaduno, in the off-chance someone on the list has a 110bcd willow chainring in 42/43t or 47/48t in their parts bin.

As I'm writing this, I'm realizing the stock chain will likely be too short once I get a bigger ring :\

-tio "one is all you need" ryan

Richard Rose

Jun 29, 2024, 2:38:17 PM (3 days ago) Jun 29
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Oh this is going to be good!
Sent from my iPhone

Bill Lindsay

Jun 29, 2024, 5:57:24 PM (3 days ago) Jun 29
to RBW Owners Bunch
The OP anticipated a buying frenzy, but that clearly hasn't happened in week 1 of the pre-sale.  I hope that turns out to be a good thing, and gives people the chance to really think about it and decide calmly rather than panic-buying with a huge fear of missing out.  Now that the real Geo-Chart is out, the 54.5 Roaduno looks a lot better to me than the 54.5 Hilsen had looked.  Still, if you wanted to give me one for free, the one I'd pick would probably be a Silver 58 Complete.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

On Wednesday, June 26, 2024 at 3:19:26 PM UTC-7 rmro...@gmail.com wrote:
Question to the group; anyone ever bought a bike solely for the downtube graphics? Riv nailed it with this Roaduno at least in my book. I do particularly like it on the silver but all three look good to me.
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 26, 2024, at 5:50 PM, Marty Gierke, Stewartstown PA <martin...@gmail.com> wrote:

And I agree about the missing canti option. With the upcoming V-brake I would have bit the bullet on a silver one myself.

Marty

dane...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2024, 12:41:48 PM (2 days ago) Jun 30
to RBW Owners Bunch
Why the recommendation to not ride it fixed by Grant? "Too risky." lol.

-Dan

Bill Lindsay

Jun 30, 2024, 12:56:22 PM (2 days ago) Jun 30
to RBW Owners Bunch
The risk is pedal strike.  The RoadUno has a low BB height.  Riding fixed forces the rider to pedal through corners, so the risk of pedal strike is real.  A optiomized fixed city bike might have a higher BB.  If you know how to steer at speed without leaning, you can mitigate that risk.  Go for it if you are into it.  It's a manageable risk.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

J Schwartz

Jun 30, 2024, 1:07:24 PM (2 days ago) Jun 30
to RBW Owners Bunch
Does anyone know if the Roaduno (completes) have a plastic cable guide installed under the bottom bracket?