Canadian's in the house

Jay

Jul 14, 2024, 3:36:12 PM (2 days ago) Jul 14
to RBW Owners Bunch
I joined the group back in January and don't recall spotting many posts from my fellow Canadians, eh.

Just seeing who is in Canada?  If you're from SW Ontario, maybe we can arrange a ride one day; I've never seen a Rivendell in the wild.

If you have a Riv, did you order direct from them, through C&L in Montreal, other?

Ryan

Jul 15, 2024, 9:30:01 AM (yesterday) Jul 15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Winnipeg, Manitoba and I ordered my 3 Rivs direct from Walnut Creek

Damien

Jul 15, 2024, 9:53:46 AM (yesterday) Jul 15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario here. I've ordered two Rivs direct, and have purchased a few from fellow members of this group! I've seen exactly two Rivendells in town (a fellow with a Cheviot in DT Kitchener, and a lady with I think an older Atlantis probably 10-12 years ago near Uptown Waterloo)

Jay

Jul 15, 2024, 10:51:42 AM (yesterday) Jul 15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Damien - if you ever see someone on a dark gold Roadini, it's probably me!  At least once a week I'm riding on the east side of Guelph.

T s

Jul 15, 2024, 12:54:33 PM (yesterday) Jul 15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Canadian here in Dundas, bought my first Riv in 2012 direct, was off a bike for a number of years finally back in the saddle and looking to consolidate my 3 older riv frames into a multipurpose bike, still working through the decision tree of which one.

Mackenzy Albright

Jul 15, 2024, 1:13:57 PM (yesterday) Jul 15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Vancouver here. Ive ordered Riv parts from blue-lug (better stock of Riv handlebars and cheaper), occasionally C&L, a few orders direct from Walnut Creek. I usually try to get a few people in on an order. Both Riv's i've owned and a fair amount of parts have been second hand local owners.

Matt

Jul 15, 2024, 1:33:42 PM (24 hours ago) Jul 15
to RBW Owners Bunch
I’m in Kingston, Ontario.

John Rinker

Jul 15, 2024, 7:21:38 PM (18 hours ago) Jul 15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Welcome, Jay!

I'm out near Nelson, BC. I bought my Hunqapillar from Riv, but I went to the US and picked it up. My Atlantis came from a list member, but I also had it shipped to a US address.

Cheers, John

Jason Fuller

Jul 15, 2024, 11:05:04 PM (14 hours ago) Jul 15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Checking in from Vancouver BC as well!

I've bought three Rivs direct from Walnut Creek and one off Joe on the list here.  If I ever find myself buying another Riv (shouldn't ... but never say never) I would certainly consider getting thru CL Cycles. Not sure it would be much cheaper in the end but maybe a little saved on import fees.

While there's not a lot of Rivendell presence around here, I'm lucky to see the odd one in my travels .. I haven't kept track but I'd say the tally is somewhere around 15 - 20.

Ryan

7:58 AM (5 hours ago) 7:58 AM
to RBW Owners Bunch
Not so many Rivs in the wild here....and the roads and paths are filling up with e-bikes. I do know one local guy who is a serious collector of bikes...in the double digits with several Rivendells , among others...but he rides beaters around the city for obvious reasons. I did see, about 6 weeks ago, a well-used and cared for SimpleOne locked outside my local mall and if I hadn't been in a hurry, I would have loved to meet its owner. Over the years, my Rivendells and their predecessor, a 1993 X0-1 that I still have ,have garnered a lot of interest, but, again, for obvious reasons, they're not the bikes I lock up anywhere downtown.

Damien

11:14 AM (2 hours ago) 11:14 AM
to RBW Owners Bunch
Jason - love Guelph! Went to school there actually. What a great city

Karl Gee

11:43 AM (2 hours ago) 11:43 AM
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Ryan,
I am now based in Reno NV, ordered my Atlantis as a result of a good sales year as a present to myself... and for a across the USA ride that I never took. It was an unpainted frame, so I am the proud owner of an orange Atlantis with ridiculous bling parts at the time. That took 6 months to figure out the various parts bits, so I have no idea how much time it took you to pick out 3 Rivs :)

My second is a Suluki in the same orange with a standard build with a mustache bar. My winter project will be to swap the mustache bar and the drop bar between those two bikes and get a X0-1 Atlantis build and a more racing Suluki build.

Best regards

Karl

Chris Dedinsky

11:54 AM (1 hour ago) 11:54 AM
to RBW Owners Bunch
Greetings from the Okanagan!

Our household has 3 rivs from scouring the used depths of the internet. Scored a Bleriot from Vancouver Island, a Heron Touring from a fellow in the Fraser Valley and my partner has an Atlantis frame we had shipped up from Colorado and built up and got the wheelset from off this list. I've ordered some specific parts from Bluelug (shipping and import are pretty expensive, but I shared the cost with a few friends on the order) and made several C&L orders. I've never seen another Riv round these parts but I've heard legend of another enthusiast in Kamloops. If you're on this list would love to connect.