New LXDE image viewer - LXImage-Qt

PCMan

May 14, 2013, 2:17:29 AM5/14/13
to lxde-list, lubuntu user list, razo...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I did a new Qt-based image viewer for LXDE/Qt.
git clone git://lxde.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/lxde/lximage-qt/

It's not the Qt port of the gtk+-based GPicView image viewer program.
Strictly speaking this is a new application.
The original GPicView mimics the UI of Windows image viewer.
LXImage-Qt resembles Viewnior and eog more, but it's Qt-based.
I know there are already several Qt-based image viewers, but I'm not
satisfied with them. So it's time to make one.

Features:
1. Fast multi-threading image loading with gio/gvfs support. Can load
file on remote filesystems supported by gvfs. (not yet finished)
2. Acceptable memory usage (I say acceptable, not low, but it won't be
heavier than any other Qt-based viewers. Otherwise its' a bug and I'll
fix it.)
3. Libfm-Qt integration. In the future thumbnails and file
properties/file operation supprt from libfm will be used. Currently
libfm is used for folder loading and monitoring.
4. Good painting performance on zooming without increasing memory
usage. Thanks to QGraphicsView/QGraphicsScene canvas system provided
by Qt, this becomes a trivial task. The Gtk+ equivalence should be
gtkimageview lib which is not part of gtk+ and is gtk+ 2 only. Without
3rd party lib, doing this with plain gtk+ is a pain.
5. Better UI and cleaner code base than GPicView.

To compile the program, you need the latest git version of libfm-qt
and libexif (not used now, but will be used soon). Please help test if
you're interested.

Thanks!

Eugene Pivnev

May 14, 2013, 2:42:29 AM5/14/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
14.05.2013 10:17, PCMan:
> Hello,
> I did a new Qt-based image viewer for LXDE/Qt.
> git clone git://lxde.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/lxde/lximage-qt/
I'm sorry but as keyboard conrol (qxkb) as image viewer (nomacs) aleady
exists.
What about creating bug tracker for pcmanfm-qt?
You will have many-many job after this :-)

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

May 14, 2013, 11:11:57 AM5/14/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
AWESOME WORK, qt desktop really need a less depends apps for image viewer and keyboard handle.. thanks ... rally

qxkb are very bad implemented respect funtionality.. and nomacs, uff dependency xquisite

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 2:12 AM, Eugene Pivnev <ti.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm sorry but as keyboard conrol (qxkb) as image viewer (nomacs) aleady exists.
i prefer a less depends app like

LXImage-Qt

nomacs are not simple and in every version changes compatibility, also do not work on squeeze and previous releases (of course porting qt4 4.7.X)

What about creating bug tracker for pcmanfm-qt?
You will have many-many job after this :-)
i'm on work for debian related stuff

richw...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2013, 12:36:56 AM7/18/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list, lubuntu user list
Like the GNOME image viewer eog, which has svg support via librsvg, will lximage-qt support viewing, zooming, exporting, and resaving svg files via Qt's svg implementation (also allows displaying of animated svg images) or librsvg (I stated this because certain svg images may contain features that might not be supported by Qt's svg implementation)? That way, one will not have to install a more heavyweight program such as KDE's gwenview or Inkscape, and that gtk+ could potentially not have to be installed for running eog or the rsvg-viewer that comes with librsvg.

pcma...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2013, 8:57:21 AM7/18/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list, lubuntu user list
richw...@gmail.com於 2013年7月18日星期四UTC+8下午12時36分56秒寫道:

Like the GNOME image viewer eog, which has svg support via librsvg, will lximage-qt support viewing, zooming, exporting, and resaving svg files via Qt's svg implementation (also allows displaying of animated svg images) or librsvg (I stated this because certain svg images may contain features that might not be supported by Qt's svg implementation)? That way, one will not have to install a more heavyweight program such as KDE's gwenview or Inkscape, and that gtk+ could potentially not have to be installed for running eog or the rsvg-viewer that comes with librsvg.

It's possible, but we're focusing on other components at the moment.
Later I'll try to improve it more.
Thank you for the suggestions.

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

Jul 18, 2013, 10:46:36 AM7/18/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 8:27 AM, <pcma...@gmail.com> wrote:
richw...@gmail.com於 2013年7月18日星期四UTC+8下午12時36分56秒寫道:

Like the GNOME image viewer eog, which has svg support via librsvg, will lximage-qt support viewing, zooming, exporting, and resaving svg files via Qt's svg implementation (also allows displaying of animated svg images) or librsvg (I stated this because certain svg images may contain features that might not be supported by Qt's svg implementation)?
the svg implementation its the most hard to develop feature.. so then i not hope to see this feature very soon at the moment..

richw...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2014, 12:09:10 AM3/17/14
to razo...@googlegroups.com
Actually, the source code located at this part of the Qt repositories, https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt/source/6ede9f99f98ed511b78935f7c6537470dce94239:examples/painting/svgviewer, may help us in implementing basic SVG support; most of the work has been done with this example program. All that is left to do is to connect other functionality, such as zoom controls, opening other SVG files, and saving as SVG or PNG to the main window of the lximage-qt. Maybe we could try this program out?