Jhbuild support integrated

PCMan

Mar 6, 2014, 12:57:34 PM3/6/14
to lxde-list, razo...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I just applied the patches provided by Veeti.
Now the whole lxqt can be built with jhbuild.

Please use the new jhbuild config files here.
https://github.com/lxde/jhbuild

If you don't use jhbuild, everything still works as before and was not affected.
Thank Veeti for the patches.

Petr Vaněk

Mar 19, 2014, 4:36:53 AM3/19/14
to PCMan, lxde-list, razo...@googlegroups.com
ehrm,

how is it expected to work, please?

It checkouts read-only working copy from github here. No cloning from git.lxde.org. And mainly - url specified for lxde.org is not an url of "developer" checkout (unable to commit again).
Should I take it as a read only tool for packagers/end users?

Just because I find to work with many independent repositories one by one as a mission impossible ;)

Also how is that jhbuild "install" tree used in testing? I'd expect issued with QSettings here (but maybe is this part reworked already) as QSettings expected hardcoded path to /etc/... (different per distro).

So should I set all these env vars as in jhbuildrc + PATH + LD_LIBRARY_PATH and then run xephyr (or something similar) with lxqt-session? Or is there something easier?

thanks,
petr

PCMan

Mar 19, 2014, 9:24:50 PM3/19/14
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list
On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 4:36 PM, Petr Vaněk <pe...@yarpen.cz> wrote:
> ehrm,
> how is it expected to work, please?

https://github.com/lxde/jhbuild/blob/master/README.md

Detailed instructions here:
https://developer.gnome.org/jhbuild/unstable/getting-started.html.en#getting-started-bootstrap

Jhbuild creates a locally installed environment for ease of testing only.
So, the programs are NOT installed to the system and will NOT
overwrite the installed old versions.
It's mainly a tool for the developers to test different branches or
the latest code without screwing up your system.
To really build and install the components, it's not the right tool.

> It checkouts read-only working copy from github here. No cloning from
> git.lxde.org. And mainly - url specified for lxde.org is not an url of
> "developer" checkout (unable to commit again).

This can be fixed by changing one url in the config file.
I haven't change it to git.lxde.org yet. Fixing it is easy.

> Should I take it as a read only tool for packagers/end users?
> Just because I find to work with many independent repositories one by one as
> a mission impossible ;)
> Also how is that jhbuild "install" tree used in testing? I'd expect issued
> with QSettings here (but maybe is this part reworked already) as QSettings
> expected hardcoded path to /etc/... (different per distro).

I guess it's in ./install/etc? Jhbuild does a local install.

> So should I set all these env vars as in jhbuildrc + PATH + LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> and then run xephyr (or something similar) with lxqt-session? Or is there
> something easier?

To run a locally installed DE:
jhbuild -f jhbuildrc run install/bin/startlxde-qt

To avoid typing -f jhbuildrc everytime, you can copy the file to
~/.config/jhbuildrc.

> thanks,
> petr
>

> On 06/03/14 18:57, PCMan wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I just applied the patches provided by Veeti.
>> Now the whole lxqt can be built with jhbuild.
>>
>> Please use the new jhbuild config files here.
>> https://github.com/lxde/jhbuild
>>
>> If you don't use jhbuild, everything still works as before and was not
>> affected.
>> Thank Veeti for the patches.
>>
> ---
> "Razor-qt" group.
> email to razor-qt+u...@googlegroups.com.

Petr Vaněk

Mar 23, 2014, 6:04:23 AM3/23/14
to PCMan, razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list
FYI: I added new set of config files into the jhbuild repo. These files operate with git.lxde.org repositories with developer-writable URL.
jhbuild-dev-rc is the main script for this set of repositories.

cheers,
p.