CALL FOR TESTERS: LXQt now available for testing

Jerome Leclanche

Oct 30, 2013, 9:46:06 AM10/30/13
to lxde-list, razo...@googlegroups.com, Julien Lavergne
Hi lists

LXQt is now compilable and available for testing. Archlinux users will
find packages in the AUR and are able to install the *full* suite
with:

yaourt -S libqtxdg-git liblxqt-git liblxqt-mount-git libsysstat-git
lxsession-git pcmanfm-qt-git lxqt-common-git lxqt-panel-git
lxinput-qt-git lxqt-about-git lxqt-config-git lxqt-globalkeys-git
lxqt-notificationd-git lxqt-openssh-askpass-git lxqt-policykit-git
lxqt-power-git lxqt-runner-git

Most of these modules are optional (the first few are not).

For a display manager, SDDM is recommended:
yaourt -S sddm-git
sudo systemctl enable sddm.service

You very well may have to start the window manager manually. Packaging
issues should be reported directly to me. Bugs can be reported on
github (https://github.com/LXDE), or in this email thread.

Ubuntu (and possibly Debian) packages are coming soon. Contact Julien
Lavergne for those.

We need people to test and more than ever improve these. There are
some killer issues currently with the panel, pcmanfm-qt, keybindings
and session management. This is not suitable for production AT ALL
yet, but I'm really hoping if a few devs join us in fixing those
issues we can get back to where Razor currently is very soon.

J. Leclanche

Petr Vanek

Oct 30, 2013, 9:48:42 AM10/30/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list
jerome,
how do you setup the session, please? I mean - what session executable
do you use?

p.

Jerome Leclanche

Oct 30, 2013, 9:50:55 AM10/30/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list
SDDM automatically suggested I use "LXDE Session". I don't know what
you'd have to use for something like startx, I think Julien had issues
with that.
J. Leclanche
> --

PCMan

Oct 30, 2013, 10:56:40 AM10/30/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list
1. The lxqt-common package should install a "startlxde-qt" script to /usr/bin.
2. A desktop entry file is installed to /usr/share/xsessions/lxde-qt.desktop.
3. In the menu of sddm, the entry should be "LXDE Qt Desktop"

BTW, I just installed archlinux on my laptop. It's great!!
Thank you guys.

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

Oct 30, 2013, 1:42:18 PM10/30/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list
1) the wiki are up-to-date (steps) for build the full suite and test?
2) does compiled with qt 4.7?
3) does compiled with qt 4.6.3?
4) there's some definitions yet about components (for packagin issues on debian)
Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

TabletHater

Oct 30, 2013, 10:42:09 PM10/30/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list, Julien Lavergne
==> liblxqt-git dependencies:
 - qt4 (already installed)
 - git (already installed)
 - cmake (already installed)
 - libqtxdg (building from AUR)

==> Continue building liblxqt-git ? [Y/n]
==> -------------------------------------
==>
==> Building and installing package
==> Install or build missing dependencies for liblxqt-git:
[sudo] password for burak:
error: target not found: libqtxdg
==> Restart building liblxqt-git ? [y/N]

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

Oct 30, 2013, 11:23:24 PM10/30/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
>error: target not found: libqtxdg
cmake error, must have recent version and this make uninstallable for
me also!!!!

Jerome Leclanche

Oct 30, 2013, 11:47:53 PM10/30/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list, Julien Lavergne
You need to install the first few packages in the order I've given in
the package as the non-git packages do not exist on the AUR currently
(so the -git ones need to be specified).
J. Leclanche

Julien Lavergne

Nov 1, 2013, 6:36:23 AM11/1/13

2013/10/30 Jerome Leclanche <ady...@gmail.com>

SDDM automatically suggested I use "LXDE Session". I don't know what
you'd have to use for something like startx, I think Julien had issues
with that.
You should have a "LXDE-QT Session" instead, otherwise it will load a regular LXDE session with the gtk components. On Ubuntu, I have this session, and it started correctly the panel. It needs some little fixes but at least it starts a working session using lxsession.

Regards,
Julien Lavergne

TabletHater

Nov 2, 2013, 11:37:18 AM11/2/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list, Julien Lavergne
On Manjaro, I've installed first libqtxdg-git and then liblxqt-git liblxqt-mount-git libsysstat-git , but after these yaourt -S lxsession-git has given this:

make[2]: Entering directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-burak/aur-lxsession-git/src/lxsession/lxclipboard'
  VALAC    lxclipboard_vala.stamp
/bin/sh: valac: command not found
Makefile:527: recipe for target 'lxclipboard_vala.stamp' failed
make[2]: *** [lxclipboard_vala.stamp] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-burak/aur-lxsession-git/src/lxsession/lxclipboard'
Makefile:454: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-burak/aur-lxsession-git/src/lxsession'
make: *** [all] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...
==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build lxsession-git.

Jerome Leclanche

Nov 2, 2013, 11:39:49 AM11/2/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list, Julien Lavergne
Vala is a build dep. I will add it. For now, just yaourt -S vala
J. Leclanche

TabletHater

Nov 2, 2013, 12:48:57 PM11/2/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list, Julien Lavergne
You're contaminating my system with Gnome things! Though it only needs glib2. Anyway, you should seemingly include libfm to:

--   package 'libfm>=1.2.0' not found
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:279 (message):
  A required package was not found
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:333 (_pkg_check_modules_internal)
  CMakeLists.txt:13 (pkg_check_modules)

See also "/tmp/yaourt-tmp-burak/aur-pcmanfm-qt-git/src/pcmanfm-qt/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/tmp/yaourt-tmp-burak/aur-pcmanfm-qt-git/src/pcmanfm-qt/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...
==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build pcmanfm-qt-git

Jerome Leclanche

Nov 2, 2013, 12:52:26 PM11/2/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list, Julien Lavergne
You need to install libfm-git before you install lxsession. But yeah,
I'll add the dep too.

The dependency on gtk2/vala is temporary. We're working on splitting
it away and/or using a different session management system altogether
(eg. something systemd-based, and leaving lxsession for those who dont
use systemd)
J. Leclanche

Jerome Leclanche

Nov 2, 2013, 12:52:56 PM11/2/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list, Julien Lavergne
By lxsession I obviously meant pcmanfm.
J. Leclanche

TabletHater

Nov 2, 2013, 1:55:42 PM11/2/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list, Julien Lavergne
Fine.

Everything got installed, thank you.

Jerome Leclanche

Nov 3, 2013, 4:01:40 PM11/3/13
to JM, razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list, Julien Lavergne
vala is a makedepends and will be automatically installed as such.

Ill take care of the namcap warnings when I get some time.
J. Leclanche

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 7:14 PM, JM <me...@gmx.fr> wrote:
> [...]
> this order? →
>
> $ yaourt -S sddm-git // if the person doesn't want to use startx only
> $ yaourt -S vala // if not yet installed
> $ yaourt -S libfm-git
>
> and finally the rest?
>
> $ yaourt -S libqtxdg-git liblxqt-git liblxqt-mount-git libsysstat-git
> lxsession-git pcmanfm-qt-git lxqt-common-git lxqt-panel-git
> lxinput-qt-git lxqt-about-git lxqt-config-git lxqt-globalkeys-git
> lxqt-notificationd-git lxqt-openssh-askpass-git lxqt-policykit-git
> lxqt-power-git lxqt-runner-git
>
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>
> After I installed SDDM:
> $ yaourt -S sddm-git
> (....)
>
> Paquets (1): sddm-git-c270144-1
>
> (....)
>
> $ sudo systemctl enable sddm.service
> Failed to issue method call: File exists // something during the install process has
> already created the file?
>
> We also need:
> $ sudo systemctl start sddm.service
> $
>
> (which you had not yet mentioned) // for this one - and the other one above if needed,
> don't know why it already existed anyhow - may I suggest some post-install message added
> in the PKGBUILD?
>
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=
>
> After compiling libfm-git, here is the output from nampac:
>
> ****************
>
> ==> V
>
> libfm-git W: Referenced library 'libfm.so.4' is an uninstalled dependency
> libfm-git W: Referenced library 'libfm-extra.so.4' is an uninstalled dependency
> libfm-git E: Mime-file found. Add "update-mime-database usr/share/mime" to the install
> file libfm-git W: File (usr/lib/libfm.la) is a libtool file
> libfm-git W: File (usr/lib/libfm-extra.la) is a libtool file
> libfm-git W: File (usr/lib/libfm/modules/vfs-search.la) is a libtool file
> libfm-git W: File (usr/lib/libfm/modules/vfs-menu.la) is a libtool file
> libfm-git E: Mime type handler found. Add "update-desktop-database -q" to the install file
> libfm-git E: Dependency shared-mime-info detected and not included (needed for
> update-mime-database) libfm-git E: Dependency pango detected and not included (libraries
> ['usr/lib/libpango-1.0.so.0'] needed in files ['usr/lib/libfm-extra.so.4.0.0',
> 'usr/lib/libfm.so.4.0.0', 'usr/lib/libfm/modules/vfs-menu.so',
> 'usr/lib/libfm/modules/vfs-search.so']) libfm-git E: Dependency desktop-file-utils
> detected and not included (needed for update-desktop-database) libfm-git W: Dependency
> libexif detected but optional (libraries ['usr/lib/libexif.so.12'] needed in files
> ['usr/lib/libfm.so.4.0.0', 'usr/lib/libfm/modules/vfs-menu.so',
> 'usr/lib/libfm/modules/vfs-search.so'])
>
> ****************
>
> After compiling sddm-git, nampac doesn't find any errors or warnings to display.
>
> What about libfm-git errors and warnings? Can they be fixed?
>
> I don't install the rest for now, I will rather wait for more information.

Mark Deneen

Nov 10, 2013, 1:22:57 AM11/10/13
to Jerome Leclanche, lxde-list, razo...@googlegroups.com, Julien Lavergne
I've built everything have have it running now.  Most things look good, but I still use a handful of GTK apps and, for the life of me, I can't get them to use the proper theme.  If I just start up openbox without a full desktop environment, things are great and the theme can be set.  This leads me to believe that it's something that possibly lxsession is doing.

Any ideas?

Jerome Leclanche

Nov 10, 2013, 1:24:41 AM11/10/13
to Mark Deneen, lxde-list, razo...@googlegroups.com, Julien Lavergne
Likely related to which .gtkrc file is being used. I think some DEs
force-load specific gtkrc files which might be what you want.
J. Leclanche

Mark Deneen

Nov 10, 2013, 1:38:00 AM11/10/13
to Jerome Leclanche, lxde-list, razo...@googlegroups.com, Julien Lavergne
I did some stuff with strace, and I'm certain that it gets the theme information from lxsession.

PCMan

Nov 10, 2013, 1:47:08 AM11/10/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Mark Deneen <mdenee...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've built everything have have it running now.  Most things look good, but I still use a handful of GTK apps and, for the life of me, I can't get them to use the proper theme.  If I just start up openbox without a full desktop environment, things are great and the theme can be set.  This leads me to believe that it's something that possibly lxsession is doing.

Any ideas?

Setting your own .gtkrc won't work. Lxsession provides an xsettings daemon, which is used by gtk+ 2 and gtk+ 3.
Try lxappearance. This is the tool to configure it.
Since gtk+ 2, gtk+ guys loads the settings from an xsettings daemon. If a daemon is not present, then fallback to ~/.gtkrc-2.0. In gnome, xfce, and lxde, we all provide xsettings daemons. So the gtk+ settings are read from the daemons and .gtkrc files are bypassed.
This has the benefic that no matter what user account you're using, as long as your programs run on the same X desktop, you get the same settings.
Try open a gtk+ program with sudo, and you'll lose all of the settings if you're using gtkrc since it tries to read /root/.gtkrc instead of yours.
Xsettings daemon, however, brings some problems in gtk 3. Since gtk+ 2 and gtk+ 3 read the same set of settings from the same xsettings daemon, it becomes a disaster. Gtk+ 3 programs also get the theme engine name of gtk+ 2 programs, and vice versa. Unless you use a gtk+ theme engine supporting both gtk+2 and gtk+ 3 at the same time and you install both, you'll get broken themes either in gtk+ 2 or gtk+ 3.
I'm really pissed off by this issue. For now, maybe it's better to use .gtkrc due to the gtk2/3 problems.

Edit /usr/bin/startlxde-qt and pass --noxsettings to lxsession to turn the xsettings daemon off.
Thanks!

Patrice Esclapion

Nov 10, 2013, 9:51:05 AM11/10/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list, Julien Lavergne
Tried on a Manjaro, and pb on pcmanfm-qt-git :

Mark Deneen

Nov 10, 2013, 10:51:41 AM11/10/13
to Jerome Leclanche, lxde-list, razo...@googlegroups.com, Julien Lavergne
I tracked it down.  The settings in ~/.config/lxsession/LXDE-Qt/desktop.conf were being applied, and .gtkrc-2.0 was being overridden.

Is this intended behavior?

Mark Deneen

Nov 14, 2013, 9:55:49 AM11/14/13
to Jerome Leclanche, lxde-list, razo...@googlegroups.com, Julien Lavergne
Jerome,

I set up Arch on a spare drive I had, and the behavior is the same there.  ~/.config/lxsession/LXDE-Qt/desktop.conf can be modified to apply the theme, but ~/.gtkrc-2.0 is ignored / overridden.

Mark

vinth...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2014, 11:07:36 AM1/26/14
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list, Julien Lavergne
(english summary at the end of this message)

Ben je viens d'essayer, ça m'intéresse, mais impossible de démarrer la session :(

tout les paquets indiqués ont été installés, y compris pcmanfm-qt (après installation de libfm-git)

après login dans sddm (sympa, je ne connaissais pas) je vois un semblant de curseur de souris en forme de x puis retours à l'écran de login

je passe en console, stoppe sddm.service et lance startlxde-qt à la pogne :
ligne 37 : exec : lxqt-session : non trouvé

je cherche dans lxsession-git
yaourt -Ql lxsession-git | grep lxqt

Rien !
résultat de journalctl -f | grep sddm : http://pastebin.archlinux.fr/487070

voilou, je ne sais pas trop où chercher

installation without problem but enable to start a session. startlxde-qt says lxqt-session not found.

vinth...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2014, 2:32:35 PM1/26/14
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list, Julien Lavergne
Désolé pour le bruit, il me manquait lxqt-session-git

Tout fonctionne

vinth...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2014, 2:37:15 PM1/26/14
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list, Julien Lavergne
Est-il possible de combiner lxqt et les pipe-menus d'openbox ? C'est trop dommage de s'en priver :)

Is there anyway too keep openbox menus with right clic ? I really love pipe menus.

Jerome Leclanche

Jan 26, 2014, 11:13:24 AM1/26/14
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list, Julien Lavergne

2014/1/26 <vinth...@gmail.com>

Hi

You will need lxqt-session which I just uploaded to the AUR.

J. Leclanche

Drole de Zebre

Mar 24, 2014, 7:21:07 AM3/24/14
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list, Julien Lavergne
Hello!

I want to test LXDE-Qt, so I follow build LXDE-Qt from source instructions and of course I installed libfm-qt before pcmanfm-qt.
I got this error:

folderview.cpp:35:26: fatal error: folderview_p.h: No such file or directory
 #include "folderview_p.h"
                          ^
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [libfm-qt/CMakeFiles/fm-qt.dir/folderview.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [libfm-qt/CMakeFiles/fm-qt.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I don't know what 's happening.
Can you help me, please?

Thank you in advance. :)
Message has been deleted

PCMan

Mar 24, 2014, 7:52:17 AM3/24/14
to razo...@googlegroups.com
Really sorry for that.I forgot to commit that file to git.
It's fixed now. Please do git clone again.
Cheers!
> --
> --
> "Razor-qt" group.
> email to razor-qt+u...@googlegroups.com.

Sebastien MAURICE

Mar 24, 2014, 12:55:15 PM3/24/14
to razo...@googlegroups.com
pcmanfm-qt installed, thanks! ;-)

DDZ

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Razor-qt" group.
Message has been deleted

Jerome Leclanche

Apr 19, 2014, 10:49:14 AM4/19/14
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list, Julien Lavergne
You need to install lxqt-session.
J. Leclanche

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Sébastien Deligny <sebde...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello, I've tried to launch tehe session from ssdm (qt), but it always bring
> me back to the greeter (no problem with my xfce session). If I try to launch
> a session from a tty (startlxde-qt) I receive the following message :
>
> line 37 : exec: lxqt-session : not found

Patrice Esclapion

Apr 19, 2014, 10:51:51 AM4/19/14
to razo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sébastien,

I use sddm (simple) in my ISO, and I have nothing to to, lxde-qt is in the list. To set a default value at start, I put in sddm.conf :

LastSession=lxde-qt.desktop

but maybe I misunderstood something ?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Razor-qt" group.

ibjsb4

Apr 29, 2014, 2:50:02 PM4/29/14
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list, Julien Lavergne
Any thoughts on when 14o4 will be ready for testing?