New git repository for lxqt is ready for use.

PCMan

Feb 6, 2014, 12:34:04 PM2/6/14
to lxde-list, razo...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I just finish setting up new repositories for lxqt on git.lxde.org.
The repos are categorized and I added descriptions for all of them.
Please see this page:
http://git.lxde.org/gitweb/?a=project_list;pf=lxde
It looks a little bit ugly, but it's not too difficult to do some more
polishing later.
Please test to confirm if pull/push or other operations work for you.

The automatic mirroring to github is not yet set up, but Martin can
help this part later.
If a post-push hook cannot be used, at least we can use a cronjob to do it.
When can we start using our own git repos?
Can we set a date for the switch?
After we start using our repo, the lxqt repos on github will be
read-only mirrors of our own repos.

We should have added ssh keys for active developers previously.
If any developer does not have access to them, please give me your
public key and I can set it up for you.

For the original gtk+ version of lxde, they'll be imported to the new
repos, too.
So developers who don't have the access to the new repos, please give
us your ssh public keys.

Cheers!

Andrej N. Gritsenko

Feb 6, 2014, 12:53:52 PM2/6/14
to lxde-list, razo...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

PCMan has written on Friday, 7 February, at 1:34:
>I just finish setting up new repositories for lxqt on git.lxde.org.
>The repos are categorized and I added descriptions for all of them.
>Please see this page:
>http://git.lxde.org/gitweb/?a=project_list;pf=lxde
>It looks a little bit ugly, but it's not too difficult to do some more
>polishing later.
>Please test to confirm if pull/push or other operations work for you.

Removing branches or tags does not work:

andrej:~/src/PCManFM/lxpanel> git push lxde :use-libfm
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/use-libfm
To ssh://g...@git.lxde.org/lxde/lxpanel.git
! [remote rejected] use-libfm (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://g...@git.lxde.org/lxde/lxpanel.git'

Therefore it's impossible to create temporary branch or remove mistakely
pushed tags (even invalid ones), all changes will stick forever, that
isn't good and should be fixed before the GIT repo will be used. Fix it,
please.

With best regards,
Andriy.

Luís Pereira

Feb 6, 2014, 12:54:54 PM2/6/14
to razo...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 9:34 AM, PCMan <pcma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just finish setting up new repositories for lxqt on git.lxde.org.
> The repos are categorized and I added descriptions for all of them.
> Please see this page:
> http://git.lxde.org/gitweb/?a=project_list;pf=lxde
> It looks a little bit ugly, but it's not too difficult to do some more
> polishing later.
> Please test to confirm if pull/push or other operations work for you.

Nice. but do we have to clone each repo one by one.... by hand ?
Does this means that this layout is final ?

--
Luís Pereira

PCMan

Feb 6, 2014, 9:15:26 PM2/6/14
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list
On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 1:53 AM, Andrej N. Gritsenko <and...@rep.kiev.ua> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> PCMan has written on Friday, 7 February, at 1:34:
>>I just finish setting up new repositories for lxqt on git.lxde.org.
>>The repos are categorized and I added descriptions for all of them.
>>Please see this page:
>>http://git.lxde.org/gitweb/?a=project_list;pf=lxde
>>It looks a little bit ugly, but it's not too difficult to do some more
>>polishing later.
>>Please test to confirm if pull/push or other operations work for you.
>
> Removing branches or tags does not work:
>
> andrej:~/src/PCManFM/lxpanel> git push lxde :use-libfm
> remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/use-libfm
> To ssh://g...@git.lxde.org/lxde/lxpanel.git
> ! [remote rejected] use-libfm (hook declined)
> error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://g...@git.lxde.org/lxde/lxpanel.git'

Sorry. It's a mistake.
I just fixed the config file and I think it works now.
Please try again to see if it works.
Thank you.

PCMan

Feb 6, 2014, 9:21:27 PM2/6/14
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list
On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 1:54 AM, Luís Pereira
<luis.artu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 9:34 AM, PCMan <pcma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I just finish setting up new repositories for lxqt on git.lxde.org.
>> The repos are categorized and I added descriptions for all of them.
>> Please see this page:
>> http://git.lxde.org/gitweb/?a=project_list;pf=lxde
>> It looks a little bit ugly, but it's not too difficult to do some more
>> polishing later.
>> Please test to confirm if pull/push or other operations work for you.
>
> Nice. but do we have to clone each repo one by one.... by hand ?

I already push existing code to it, but it's the the latest.
The latest source code is the one on github now.
I can do the import when we decide to switch to it.
However, a mirror from git.lxde.org to github should be established first.
We'll set it up as soon as possible.

To clone all of the repos, there are at least two ways, in the future.
1. Use jhbuild to automate the whole clone and build process
2. Use a toplevel repo + git submodules just like we did with current github.
I can create a submodule setup for the new repos so we can clone them
all at once.
Supporting jhbuild requires minor fixes to the CMakeLists.txt.
The small patches only define two variables LIB_INSTALL_DIR and
INCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR in cmake so no other things will be affected. When
not using jhbuild, everything works as usual.
If there are no objections, I'll try to integrate the patches of Veeti
to add these changes. Then jhbuild can be another option to build the
whole project.
Comments?

Thanks!

PCMan

Feb 6, 2014, 9:25:56 PM2/6/14
On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 10:21 AM, PCMan <pcma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 1:54 AM, Luís Pereira
> <luis.artu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 9:34 AM, PCMan <pcma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I just finish setting up new repositories for lxqt on git.lxde.org.
>>> The repos are categorized and I added descriptions for all of them.
>>> Please see this page:
>>> http://git.lxde.org/gitweb/?a=project_list;pf=lxde
>>> It looks a little bit ugly, but it's not too difficult to do some more
>>> polishing later.
>>> Please test to confirm if pull/push or other operations work for you.
>>
>> Nice. but do we have to clone each repo one by one.... by hand ?
>> Does this means that this layout is final ?

The layout is a draft, not final.
Any comments are welcomed and any change can be made if our developers want it.
Setting this up is boring but someone needs to do it. So I did it. :-)

Cheers!

>> --
>> Luís Pereira

Luís Pereira

Feb 7, 2014, 11:43:31 AM2/7/14
to razo...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 6:21 PM, PCMan <pcma...@gmail.com> wrote:
1. Use jhbuild to automate the whole clone and build process
I'm trying out jhbuild.
There are somethings that I want to learn know how to do using jhbuild:
1. checkout a specific branch/tag in one repo
2. pass additional args to the build ./configure -- and cmake -D.....

2. Use a toplevel repo + git submodules just like we did with current github.
I can create a submodule setup for the new repos so we can clone them
all at once.
git submodules are a "little" bit tricky. but they can be quite useful.
We could have a toplevel repo + git submodules with root CMakeLists.txt and jhbuild and/or other tools. The releases would be tagged in the toplevel repo (that has the pointers to the actual repos).

Supporting jhbuild requires minor fixes to the CMakeLists.txt.
The small patches only define two variables LIB_INSTALL_DIR and
INCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR in cmake so no other things will be affected. When
not using jhbuild, everything works as usual.
If there are no objections, I'll try to integrate the patches of Veeti
to add these changes. Then jhbuild can be another option to build the
whole project.
Comments?

Having options is always good. If the patches needed by jhbuild does not affect other options... I say go.
I will continue to develop my unified CMakeList.txt
--
        Luís Pereira

chri...@surlykke.dk

Feb 23, 2014, 10:55:46 AM2/23/14
to razor-qt, lxde-list
I do not seem to have access rights, maybe my public key is not installed.

I've attached it to this mail.

br. Chr.

id_rsa.pub

PCMan

Feb 24, 2014, 12:08:23 PM2/24/14
to razo...@googlegroups.com
There must be something wrong.
Your key is correctly added previously.
I just checked the config files and it's there.
Would you please give us the error message you get?
BTW, please use this repo:
g...@git.lxde.org:/lxde/lxqt-powermanagement.git
We all use the same username git on that server.
Thanks!

chri...@surlykke.dk

Feb 24, 2014, 12:12:03 PM2/24/14
to razor-qt
There must be something wrong.
Your key is correctly added previously.
I just checked the config files and it's there.
Would you please give us the error message you get?
BTW, please use this repo:
g...@git.lxde.org:/lxde/lxqt-powermanagement.git
We all use the same username git on that server.
Thanks!

Ah - my bad, I think. I must have cloned with the wrong user. It works now.

Thanks!

br. Chr.