Garage Door - Feature Request

Rex

Nov 19, 2012, 1:11:47 PM11/19/12
to rays...@googlegroups.com
If most people are like myself, they have there sprinkler controller in the garage.  I was thinking it would be nice to be able to use the OpenSprinkler to detect a garage door is open or closed and open or close it.  Is this something that is doable with the device?  I think some garage door companies offer this on a monthly fee basis, but it seems that all that is needed is a magnetic switch (to detect the status of the door) and an output to drive a relay.  Just something to think about.

Rex

Ray

Nov 20, 2012, 10:19:51 AM11/20/12
to rays...@googlegroups.com
This should be possible with a magnetic switch (as you mentioned) connected to the rain sensor port, and an RF transmitter that can simulate the garage door remote signal (or alternatively simulate button press on the remote control). You do have to modify the source code though.