Re: [raxml] boot strap

Message has been deleted

Alexandros Stamatakis

Sep 29, 2022, 4:47:04 AM9/29/22
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Dear Florinda,

It would be interesting to know the difficulty score of your dataset,
please see here for a paper describing the tool and method:

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2022.06.20.496790v1

Also your BI tree seems to have many multifurcations, could it be that
you have very small branch lengths in your tree?

Alexis

--
Alexandros (Alexis) Stamatakis

Research Group Leader, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
Full Professor, Dept. of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Affiliated Scientist, Evolutionary Genetics and Paleogenomics (EGP) lab,
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Foundation for
Research and Technology Hellas

www.exelixis-lab.org

Florinda D'Archivio

Sep 29, 2022, 5:10:32 AM9/29/22
to raxml
Thank you for reply!

I will check the article, thanks!

Yes the branch lengths are actually very small...

Alexandros Stamatakis

Sep 29, 2022, 6:50:43 AM9/29/22
to ra...@googlegroups.com
The small branch lengths could be part of what you are observing for
sure. Are those very closely related sequences? Did RAxML potentially
report even exactly identical sequences?

Alexis