NetRAX software for Maximum Likelihood based inference of phylogenetic networks

Alexandros Stamatakis

Sep 1, 2021, 5:08:06 AM9/1/21
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Dear Users,

As you might be interested in this, our new software for maximum
likelihood based inference of phylogenetic networks was just released:

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.30.458194v1

Alexis

--
Alexandros (Alexis) Stamatakis

Research Group Leader, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
Full Professor, Dept. of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Affiliated Scientist, Evolutionary Genetics and Paleogenomics (EGP) lab,
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Foundation for
Research and Technology Hellas

www.exelixis-lab.org

chris blair

Jul 6, 2022, 9:52:23 PM7/6/22
to raxml
Hey Alexis,

Is this software only for Linux systems?

Chris

Alexandros Stamatakis

Jul 7, 2022, 12:25:19 AM7/7/22
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Dear Chris,

Yes, but you can of course install a virtual machine to emulate Linux.

Alexis
> www.exelixis-lab.org <http://www.exelixis-lab.org>
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raxml/e77dc401-f524-4e75-add1-96a07252342cn%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raxml/e77dc401-f524-4e75-add1-96a07252342cn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Norbert

Sep 13, 2022, 11:55:33 AM9/13/22
to raxml
Dear Alexis,

If have made first encouraging experiences with NetRAX but wonder if there is a way to install it on a UNIX hpc system, because calculation of more complex reticulation scenarios takes some time.
The GitHub website https://github.com/lutteropp/NetRAX only explains its installation on Ubuntu.

Norbert

Alexandros Stamatakis

Sep 14, 2022, 1:58:57 AM9/14/22
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Dear Norbert,

The installtion should work on any Linux-based system as long as cmake,
git, gcc and the mentioned dependencies are installed.

The NetRax repo simply states that it has been tested under Ubuntu.