ancestral state id

HA

Aug 26, 2021, 11:49:27 AM8/26/21
to raxml
Hello all!
Before I used raxml-ng  to reconstruct ancestral state , it was giving the ancestral ids like "Node1 , Node2 and ...."
this time I'm using the same code but the id for the sequences is a number between zero and one , and these numbers are not unique. could you please help me to how make unique id for generated ancestors.
thank you!

Alexey Kozlov

Aug 26, 2021, 4:19:39 PM8/26/21
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hello, please post your raxml-ng command line and output files, and I will try to help.

Alexey
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raxml/e94d3d0c-3538-449a-a637-8b9d4b5e5e52n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raxml/e94d3d0c-3538-449a-a637-8b9d4b5e5e52n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

HA

Aug 27, 2021, 3:57:10 AM8/27/21
to raxml
Hi, I used this command <   raxml-ng  --ancestral --msa aligned_HA1 --tree rooted_initial_tree.tree --model GTR+G --prefix ASR   >
this code. when I used this code previously it gave me a file for constructed sequence , and sequences were like this ( the id for sequences were unique)

Node1   TATTCAGTTCAGGGAGCAAAAGCAGGGGATAATTTCTATTAACCATGAAGACTATCATTGCTTTGAGCTACATTCTATGTCTGGTTTTCGCTCAAAAAATTCCTGGAAATGACAACAATAGCACGGCAACGCTGTGCCTTGGGCACCATGCAGTACCAAACGGAACGATAGTGAAAACAATCACAAATGACCGAATTGAAGTTACTAATGCTACTGAGTTGGTTCAGAATTCCTCAATAGGTGAAATATGCGACAGTCCTCATCAGATCCTTGATGGAGAAAACTGCACACTAATAGATGCTCTATTGGGAGACCC
Node2   TATTCAGTTCAGGGAGCAAAAGCAGGGGATAATTTCTATTAACCATGAAGACTATCATTGCTTTGAGCTACATTCTATGTCTGGTTTTCGCTCAAAAAATTCCTGGAAATGACAACAATAGCACGGCAACGCTGTGCCTTGGGCACCATGCAGTACCAAACGGAACGATAGTGAAAACAATCACAAATGACCGAATTGAAGTTACTAATGCTACTGAGTTGGTTCAGAATTCCTCAATAGGTGAAATATGCGACAGTCCTCATCAGATCCTTGATGGAGAAAACTGCACACTAATAGATGCTCTATTGGGAGACCC

but now I am using the same code that I used several month ago, but it gives me the constructed sequences file like this ( the ids for sequences are not unique an they are numbers , it seems numbers are support value , but I'm not sure) and I want to have unique id for each ancestor.

0.843   TATTCGTCGGCCAGAGCAAAAGCAGGGGATAATTTCTATTAATCATGAAGACCATCATTGCTTTGAGCTACATTTTCTGTCTGGCTCTCGGCCAAGACCTTCCAGGAAATGACAACAACAGCACAGCAACGCTGTGCCTGGGACATCATGCGGTGCCAAACGGAACACTAGTGAAAACAATCACAGATGATCAGATTGAAGTGACTAATGCTACTGAGCTAGTTCAGAGCTCCTCAACGGGGAAAATATGCAACAATCCTCATCGAATCCTTGATGGAATAGACTGCACACTGATAGATGCTCTATTGGGGGACCC
0.178   TATTCGTCGGCCAGAGCAAAAGCAGGGGATAATTTCTATTAATCATGAAGACCATCATTGCTTTGAGCTACATTTTCTGTCTGGCTCTCGGCCAAGACCTTCCAGGAAATGACAACAACAGCACAGCAACGCTGTGCCTGGGACATCATGCGGTGCCAAACGGAACACTAGTGAAAACAATCACAGATGATCAGATTGAAGTGACTAATGCTACTGAGCTAGTTCAGAGCTCCTCAACGGGGAAAATATGCAACAATCCTCATCGAATCCTTGATGGAATAGACTGCACACTGATAGATGCTCTATTGGGGGACCC

thanks for replying,
Hossein

Alexey Kozlov

Aug 27, 2021, 8:46:06 AM8/27/21
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hossein.

this looks weird, could you please post raxml-ng log files for both runs?

Best,
Alexey
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raxml/e94d3d0c-3538-449a-a637-8b9d4b5e5e52n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raxml/e94d3d0c-3538-449a-a637-8b9d4b5e5e52n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>.
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raxml/2beee8f9-a6c7-48f7-a485-0a4f7af82f97n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raxml/2beee8f9-a6c7-48f7-a485-0a4f7af82f97n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

HA

Aug 27, 2021, 9:16:25 AM8/27/21
to ra...@googlegroups.com
 I'm sending those two log files, one of them is for a run which produced unique ids for ancestros. The input files for both are similar ( one of them has some more sequences so I changed it's name).
thanks for replying,
Hossein

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "raxml" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raxml/1ecee84f-50be-2e1c-adfa-172ab0a86c2f%40gmail.com.
ASR.raxml.unique_id_log
ASR.raxml.log

Alexey Kozlov

Aug 27, 2021, 4:30:32 PM8/27/21
to ra...@googlegroups.com
could you please also send me the input files for the second run (with wrong ids)?
> <mailto:alexei...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >     Hello, please post your raxml-ng command line and output files, and I will try to help.
> >
> >     Alexey
> >
> >     On 26.08.21 17:49, HA wrote:
> >      > Hello all!
> >      > Before I used raxml-ng  to reconstruct ancestral state , it was giving the ancestral
> ids like
> >     "Node1
> >      > , Node2 and ...."
> >      > this time I'm using the same code but the id for the sequences is a number between
> zero and
> >     one ,
> >      > and these numbers are not unique. could you please help me to how make unique id for
> generated
> >      > ancestors.
> >      > thank you!
> >      >
> >      > --
> >      > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "raxml" group.
> >      > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
> >      > raxml+un...@googlegroups.com <mailto:raxml%2Bun...@googlegroups.com>
> <mailto:raxml+un...@googlegroups.com <mailto:raxml%2Bun...@googlegroups.com>>.
> > raxml+un...@googlegroups.com <mailto:raxml%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> <mailto:raxml+un...@googlegroups.com <mailto:raxml%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raxml/2beee8f9-a6c7-48f7-a485-0a4f7af82f97n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raxml/2beee8f9-a6c7-48f7-a485-0a4f7af82f97n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raxml/1ecee84f-50be-2e1c-adfa-172ab0a86c2f%40gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raxml/1ecee84f-50be-2e1c-adfa-172ab0a86c2f%40gmail.com>.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raxml/CAHYrXfv2ZQvSYXi8VX_VmBrdf6FkEC5NXpBs8KtsFyx%2BEysbyA%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raxml/CAHYrXfv2ZQvSYXi8VX_VmBrdf6FkEC5NXpBs8KtsFyx%2BEysbyA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

HA

Aug 31, 2021, 3:00:43 AM8/31/21
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexey,
I think last time I failed to send the file , because it was too large, so I send it again here.

Many thanks,
Hossein

On Sat, 28 Aug 2021 at 12:51, HA <abbas...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Alexey,
sorry I thought I've sent the files. here it is.
many thanks

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "raxml" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raxml/2beee8f9-a6c7-48f7-a485-0a4f7af82f97n%40googlegroups.com.
aligned_HA1_small_sample
rooted_initial_tree.tree

Alexey Kozlov

Aug 31, 2021, 5:22:38 AM8/31/21
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hossein,

unfortunately you alignment file is incomplete. Could you please archive it or maybe upload to
google drive etc.?

Best,
Alexey

On 31.08.21 09:00, HA wrote:
> [...]
>
> thanks for replying,
> Hossein
>

> On Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 10:19:39 PM UTC+2 alexei...@gmail.com
> <mailto:alexei...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello, please post your raxml-ng command line and output files, and I will try to help.
>
> Alexey
>
> On 26.08.21 17:49, HA wrote:
> > Hello all!
> > Before I used raxml-ng  to reconstruct ancestral state , it was giving the ancestral
> ids like "Node1
> > , Node2 and ...."
> > this time I'm using the same code but the id for the sequences is a number between
> zero and one ,
> > and these numbers are not unique. could you please help me to how make unique id for

HA

Aug 31, 2021, 6:18:50 AM8/31/21
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexey,
I made the rar file of that, thanks for that.

Regards

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raxml/e69fa98e-f3d6-d896-751d-29e8ed3f5093%40gmail.com.
aligned_HA1.rar

Alexey Kozlov

Aug 31, 2021, 6:35:25 AM8/31/21
to ra...@googlegroups.com
now tree file has wrong number of taxa... please double-check all files before sending!

On 31.08.21 12:18, HA wrote:
> [...]
> >
>  <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raxml/e94d3d0c-3538-449a-a637-8b9d4b5e5e52n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raxml/e94d3d0c-3538-449a-a637-8b9d4b5e5e52n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>>.
> >

> >         --
> >         To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
> > raxml+un...@googlegroups.com <mailto:raxml%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> <mailto:raxml+un...@googlegroups.com <mailto:raxml%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>>.
>  <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raxml/2beee8f9-a6c7-48f7-a485-0a4f7af82f97n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raxml/2beee8f9-a6c7-48f7-a485-0a4f7af82f97n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>.

HA

Aug 31, 2021, 9:34:53 AM8/31/21
to ra...@googlegroups.com
sorry for that , I repeated the steps and now I'm sending the correct file.
thank you

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raxml/6b9b2a05-55c8-54f2-2c6b-9769361745b7%40gmail.com.
aligned_HA1.rar

Alexey Kozlov

Aug 31, 2021, 10:37:34 AM8/31/21
to ra...@googlegroups.com
thanks, now I finally see the problem: your input tree file already has inner node names (probably
support values), and so raxml-ng reuses those names instead of generating unique ids

(in some cases user might want to provide meaningful names for inner nodes, this was clearly not
your intention here, but raxml-ng is not smart enough yet to detect this)

so just remove those support values from "rooted_initial_tree.tree", and everything should work again

On 31.08.21 15:34, HA wrote:
> [...]
> >      >
> >      > --
> >      > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "raxml" group.
> >      > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
> >      > raxml+un...@googlegroups.com <mailto:raxml%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> <mailto:raxml%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com <mailto:raxml%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>>
> >     <mailto:raxml+un...@googlegroups.com <mailto:raxml%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> <mailto:raxml%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com <mailto:raxml%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>>>.
> <mailto:raxml%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com <mailto:raxml%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>>.
> >     To view this discussion on the web visit

HA

Sep 1, 2021, 4:37:23 AM9/1/21
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexey!
Thanks for your help, I made a new initial tree but without any support value, then used that tree as input for raxml-ng and it worked as you mentioned.

Regards,
Hossein

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raxml/6ed83a35-b0b1-2c31-de68-b6de6cc7f3cd%40gmail.com.

Alexey Kozlov