Estimate branch length with a fixed tree

shaohong feng

Jul 13, 2021, 3:42:31 AMJul 13
to raxml
Hi,

I have an 1kb alignment and a phylogenetic tree. It is a Newick tree without branch length.
I would like to use RAxML to estimate the branch length of this fixed tree.
Is the following command feasible? Or is there a better way?

./raxmlHPC -f n -m GTRGAMMA -s ./alignment.fa -n I1 -z ./fixed.tree

thanks

Alexandros Stamatakis

Jul 19, 2021, 12:05:16 AMJul 19
to ra...@googlegroups.com
I'd use:

./raxmlHPC -f e -m GTRGAMMA -s ./alignment.fa -n I1 -t ./fixed.tree

If it's just one fixed tree.

Also note that standard RAxML is not supported any more and you should
switch to RAxML-NG:

https://github.com/amkozlov/raxml-ng

Alexis

--
Alexandros (Alexis) Stamatakis

Research Group Leader, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
Full Professor, Dept. of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Affiliated Scientist, Evolutionary Genetics and Paleogenomics (EGP) lab,
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Foundation for
Research and Technology Hellas

www.exelixis-lab.org

Alexey Kozlov

Jul 19, 2021, 5:43:20 AMJul 19