how get time tree in MYA using RAxML-NG

ravindra raut

Sep 5, 2021, 11:12:10 AM9/5/21
to raxml
Anyone please suggest how to get the timetree in MYA for transposon gene sequences. I have DNA sequences of transposons.

Alexandros Stamatakis

Sep 5, 2021, 11:21:23 PM9/5/21
to ra...@googlegroups.com
You need to run a program for divergence time estimation (e.g., BEAST)
using the tree you obtained from RAxML-NG.

RAxML-NG itself can't do it.

Alexis

--
Alexandros (Alexis) Stamatakis

Research Group Leader, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
Full Professor, Dept. of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Affiliated Scientist, Evolutionary Genetics and Paleogenomics (EGP) lab,
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Foundation for
Research and Technology Hellas

www.exelixis-lab.org