raxml distance loading into R for ordination analysis

Jeffrey Chiu

Sep 21, 2021, 9:44:51 PM9/21/21
to raxml
Dear community,

Got a question related to how to import the output distance matrix from Raxml into R for processing. Assuming I am understanding this correctly, for a N x N distance matrix, Raxml outputs the relevant values (lower or upper triangle) of the distance matrix in column of length N * (N-1)/2. I understand that all the necessary values of the DM is listed but anyone know how to load this into R as a NxN DM for downstream analysis?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
JC

Alexandros Stamatakis

Sep 22, 2021, 5:18:24 AM9/22/21
to ra...@googlegroups.com
I am not sure which distance matrix you mean as it outputs several.

Maybe you could paste in an example here.

Alexis

--
Alexandros (Alexis) Stamatakis

Research Group Leader, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
Full Professor, Dept. of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Affiliated Scientist, Evolutionary Genetics and Paleogenomics (EGP) lab,
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Foundation for
Research and Technology Hellas

www.exelixis-lab.org