Re: Offer for support

1 view

John Stoecker

Jul 5, 2012, 5:59:07 PM7/5/12
to Surajit Nundy, Jeff Hung, <raxa-jss-emr-pharmacy@googlegroups.com>, Amarjeet Singh, Nathan Leiby, Daniel Pepper
Hi Amarjeet:

This is great, we would love to have your team helping us out with our pharmacy module. I attached the design we are working off, your team could help with much of the functionality in pages 21-26.

A good standalone project that would be of much use to us, is to create a Drug_PO table and Drug_Inventory and expose those resources to REST calls.

The Project
------------------
In JSS, the first step in receiving medicine is to make a purchase order for drugs from a vendor. I attached the design for the entire module, and we will be working on the PurchaseOrder resource needed in pages 25-26 and the DrugInventory seen in pages 22, 24 and 25

The Drug Purchase Order resource should have as its fields:
-PO id
-PO name
-PO description
-Received (boolean to tell if PO has reached the hospital)
-Provider who has made the PO (link to existing Provider table)
-location (link to existing Location table)
-PO date
-many Drug_Inventory's (link to Drug Inventory as below)
(as well as standard OpenMRS fields such as uuid, creator, date created, voided, date voided, void reason, changed by, date changed)

The Drug Inventory resource should have as its fields:
-DI id
-DI name
-DI description
-drug (link to Drug table already existing)
-quantity
-expiry date
-batch (this is a string)
-value
-status (this is a string)
-Provider recipient (link to Provider table)
-location (link to Location table)
(as well as standard OpenMRS fields such as uuid, creator, date created, voided, date voided, void reason, changed by, date changed)

Specific Goals
-----------------------
The task for your team, if you feel this is appropriate for their skill level/time commitment, is to:

1. create Drug_Inventory and Drug_Purchase_Order tables

2. create Java Objects for these and their appropriate Hibernate CRUD

3. create Service Layer on top of Hibernate DAO layer created in step(2) (you only need to be able to create/read/update/delete here, and one search method to get by uuid)

4. create Resource Representation and open it up to REST calls (only POST a new PurchaseOrder or DrugInventory, or GET by the uuid)

If this is out of the scope of the team, I can suggest only doing DrugInventory, or only working on 1/2/3 layers rather than all 4.

Organizing the Code
---------------------------------
Ideally your team would fork our backend at: https://github.com/Raxa/raxacore/
As we have most everything already set up, they can just add their resources to our already existing module.
We can:
1. have them commit to their own fork and pull to ours as each layer is complete
or
2. allow them to finish most of the code in their own fork, and you will oversee the commits/merge their code

Forward this along to them, or let me know what you think!

thanks,
-john

p.s. and a few resources to pass along to them:
On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Surajit Nundy <nun...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Amarjeet:

Thank you so much for thinking of us!  We actually were starting on some OpenMRS hacking to create a bunch of REST API calls and could really need their help.  Cc'd are John Stoecker and Nathan Leiby who are handling tickets.  Again, thanks a lot and we welcome all the students.  We also have an office in Hauz Khas Village and it would be great if you and/or the students could come by.

Shuro

On 05-Jul-2012, at 3:04 PM, Amarjeet Singh wrote:

> Hey Shuro
>
> This summer, we trained 4 undergraduate students in openMRS. They are now trained to a level that they can probably even develop a module on their own. 3 of them will be with us until end of July. There is a little task that we are giving them for the next week to learn how to do the JUnit testing of the openMRS modules.
>
> I can not comment on if they will be interested in working after summer also. However, I was just curious if you have some tasks for your openMRS side which you think will only take less than 2 weeks to implement for someone who understands openMRS then I can assign them to those tasks. While there are some things I can assign them, I just felt it might be good if what they do actually comes from a field requirement and hence what they develop actually is used by someone.
>
> 2 of them really have put in a lot of effort and have understood things well.
>
> Let me know if we can be of small help to your project.
>
> Best regards
> Amarjeet Singh

PharmacyModule_v4.pdf