2012-06-30 Pharmacy Meeting notes

Nathan Leiby

Jun 29, 2012, 2:09:02 AM6/29/12
to <raxa-jss-emr-pharmacy@googlegroups.com>
Hi all,

Thanks all for taking the time to discuss the next steps in Pharmacy Development. Looking forward to building our first REST services for Pharmacy in the week ahead!

Best,
Nathan

Pharmacy meeting -- June 29, 2012 at 10-11am IST

Participants: Jeff HungYan JinJohn V StoeckerSurajit Nundy, Nathan Leiby

iDart port status

  • followed guide on how to make a module in OpenMRS
  • used module as a template
  • added tables
  • built hibernate classes for the iDart tables (surface, pojo, dao)
  • todo: xml file

REST calls for pharmacy

  • can be built directly on current implementation? or need a service layer in between? (ex. creating a stock center)
  • we're using OpenMRS 1.9 in Raxa

Development Approach

  • prioritize just Raxa needed functionality
  • probably easier to bring tables over with full fields, instead of removing them ... get it working faster
  • try to select parts that are non-overlapping with existing OpenMRS (just the drug-related parts)
    • in OpenMRS, already has ~5 tables for drugs (drug, drug ingredient, orders, ...)
    • visual datamodel ... helps show which tables are "drug related" in iDart
  • want to use the Raxacore repo: https://github.com/Raxa/raxacore

Joining Raxa community

  • how to simplify things to learn... lots to sort through!

Followup

  • Share Raxacore knowledge
    • Share simple REST client ... REST Client FireFox addon
    • Share some examples of REST in Raxacore
    • Explain how to use / commit to Raxacore https://github.com/Raxa/raxacore
    • pull requests for Raxacore -- give at least one pharmacy team member (whoever wants to be gatekeeper) permission to accept pull requests on raxacore repo
  • Design Review of Raxa pharmacy screens
    • Connect Jeff and others to Pharmacy UI designer for Raxa to walk through our designs
    • Share a google doc to manage design questions / feedback
  • Pharmacy REST services
    • Get "1 screen working" (or even part of a screen) with REST calls, etc (useful, simple screen - "stock management" or "inventory" (p18 onward)))
    • Alerts: determine alert datamodel
  • meet again within 1 week
    • 1-week goal is to "complete 1 page end-to-end" (likely p19 from v4 pharmacy designs)
    • want to get at least some of that page's functionality exposed via REST

Create a ticket and subtickets for this work

  • Umbrella ticket for Pharmacy REST calls
  • a few Subtasks based on this call
  • can add additional sub-tasks as we progress

Nathan Leiby

Jun 29, 2012, 3:06:34 AM6/29/12
to <raxa-jss-emr-pharmacy@googlegroups.com>, John Stoecker, Surajit Nundy
I've created JIRA tickets to track some of the work we talked about in the call. If any ticket is most important, it's

RAXAJSS-234 - Pharmacy REST services - OPEN

which is the umbrella ticket for Pharmacy REST work. Please feel free to add additional sub-tasks or new tickets as needed to organize your work.

p.s. I updated the meeting notes to include links to the tickets (https://raxaemr.atlassian.net/wiki/display/RAXAJSS/2012-06-30+Pharmacy+Meeting).