The application period for Google Summer of Code starts in just a few hours. We are all jazzed from the interest shown by prospective applicants and the great ideas floating around. As you prepare your applications, make sure to go into detail on all the features you plan to implement in your project. In your project timeline, plan out carefully what you will complete and when. We love to see well-organized timelines.
In addition, send your demo code to me, Amrit, and Karan. Make sure to link your demo code on your application.
Some suggestions for each project on what we are looking for on your demo application -- the starred features are highly recommended to show.
Hashtag Editor/That's What The Doctor Said
- UX/UI Diagrams*
- Canvas/text area field for doctor/patient input*
- Data extraction that shows results to the user*
- Tie in to other data sources such as WebMD, Wikipedia
OpenMRS Form Builder
- Create forms with text, numeric, boolean, and selectable answers*
- Show, share, and search forms
Doctors Near Me/Easy Treaty
- Make a DB (or use OpenMRS)*
- Doctor location based listing on a map*
- Treatment location based listing on a map*
- Implement filters other than distance
- More data on click of location
- Get the server up and running*
- Create workflow diagrams for user input on SMS/Voice*
- Host it online using Google SIP
Health Device Communication
- Send/receive communication with (any) device over bluetooth, and send code + video*
- Research potential low cost devices to use*
- Create graphs based on device output
- Add alerts when data is outside normal range
Best of luck. Looking forward to seeing what you can come up with.