[GSoC 2013] Voice / SMS / Chat App

Pasindu De Silva

Feb 24, 2014, 11:15:28 PM2/24/14
to raxa-jss-em...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys
 I really interested in
Health Chat Service with Meteor and MongoDB and
Voice/SMS Server for Patient Follow Ups. The reason is that I have worked on some similarity previously. I got few questions.

Chat App
1. For the chat application are thinking of using normal XMPP protocol or HTTP?

2. bit clarification  1). having rooms and chatting  2). one on one chat with the availability to add more to the group like facebook  is it something like this you guys are thinking of?.

3. Do you guys want to have like email or SMS integration for mentions , also kind bot to for the doctor to directly to interact with openmrs, these also might be some improvements,

This is a chat app I did previouslyI did https://github.com/pasindud/idea-chat , it uses nodejs and redis.

Voice/SMS
1. Is this like API I guess it has web service? at the moment having some trouble install asterisks 11.4.0

2. For the sms operation are you looking at something like this, <Keyword>  How are you?  to 7700, messager "How are you"
 sent through webui and then the Patient can reply to that saying  "Felling good" to 7700, or

like sub keywords like  <Keyword>  how much blood pressure? to 7700 and then the patient  <Keyword> [<Subkeyword>=BLDPRE] 50 t0 7700.

3. Are you you guys thinking of a USSD menu as well.

I actually made a SMS group simulator to simulate multi user sms application http://idea-sim.herokuapp.com/ , Github - https://github.com/pasindud/idea-simulator-web. Also built few applications https://www.allapps.lk/appstore#!app_APP_001950 .

Q. And can I know what projects are you guys really interested in and getting start out of these two.

I am Pasindu From National School of Business Management 2nd Year Computer Science Student. I do contribute to opensource projects  https://github.com/pasindud/ . I also intern at Dialog Axiata on the Ideamart team developing SMS and USSD applications on the Ideamart.lk APIs. I like coding NodeJS and SMS applications this a blog post I wrote http://www.pasindu.us/blogs/experiments/half-scaling-php-ussd-apps/  . Hope to work on these projects.

Thanks
Pasindu De Silva
www.pasindu.us

John Stoecker

Feb 25, 2014, 8:17:43 AM2/25/14
to raxa-jss-em...@googlegroups.com, raxa-gsoc
Hi Pasindu,

We were even looking at socket.io for chat on this. XMPP can sometimes be a bit more tricky to handle, whereas most nodejs projects simply 'work'. At least for a small-medium number of users. If you are thinking of using a certain technology, and already know it, let us know. We aren't married to Meteor and MongoDB.

2. bit clarification  1). having rooms and chatting  2). one on one chat with the availability to add more to the group like facebook  is it something like this you guys are thinking of?.

Yes, privacy would be important, as well as some public forums for specific topics.

3. Do you guys want to have like email or SMS integration for mentions , also kind bot to for the doctor to directly to interact with openmrs, these also might be some improvements,

Email/SMS integration would be awesome.

This is a chat app I did previouslyI did https://github.com/pasindud/idea-chat , it uses nodejs and redis.

Cool! We like nodejs :)

Voice/SMS
1. Is this like API I guess it has web service? at the moment having some trouble install asterisks 11.4.0
Send specific errors you are getting with asterisk and we will guide from there.

2. For the sms operation are you looking at something like this, <Keyword>  How are you?  to 7700, messager "How are you"
 sent through webui and then the Patient can reply to that saying  "Felling good" to 7700, or

like sub keywords like  <Keyword>  how much blood pressure? to 7700 and then the patient  <Keyword> [<Subkeyword>=BLDPRE] 50 t0 7700.

Yep.

3. Are you you guys thinking of a USSD menu as well.

Would be cool too, but USSD is a 'nice-to-have' rather than a killer feature.

I actually made a SMS group simulator to simulate multi user sms application http://idea-sim.herokuapp.com/ , Github - https://github.com/pasindud/idea-simulator-web. Also built few applications https://www.allapps.lk/appstore#!app_APP_001950 .

Q. And can I know what projects are you guys really interested in and getting start out of these two.

We anticipate getting a number of slots from google -- will mostly depend on the strength of your proposal. However, we aren't specifically limited to those on the ideas page -- if it's mobile and health related, let us know what other projects you are thinking of and we'll see from there.

I am Pasindu From National School of Business Management 2nd Year Computer Science Student. I do contribute to opensource projects  https://github.com/pasindud/ . I also intern at Dialog Axiata on the Ideamart team developing SMS and USSD applications on the Ideamart.lk APIs. I like coding NodeJS and SMS applications this a blog post I wrote http://www.pasindu.us/blogs/experiments/half-scaling-php-ussd-apps/  . Hope to work on these projects.

Thanks
Pasindu De Silva
www.pasindu.us

Pasindu De Silva

Feb 25, 2014, 9:23:31 AM2/25/14
to raxa-jss-em...@googlegroups.com, raxa-gsoc
Hi

When I was installing Asterix this was the error I got

Generating embedded module rules ...

   [CC] astcanary.c -> astcanary.o

clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-fnested-functions'

error: invalid value '6' in '-O6'

make[1]: *** [astcanary.o] Error 1

make: *** [utils] Error 2

What I did was

./configure

make menuselect [  select _mp3 ]

make - this is when the error occurs

hope to at some info on this

---

1. For chat i think meteor would be easier  to implement the chat app , but what do you think about hosting not sure that there are many hosting place , which may have a IAAS. For the app design , I guess that it kind of should be mobile first design and responsive. "

Thanks

Pasindu De Silva

Pasindu De Silva

Mar 12, 2014, 2:36:12 AM3/12/14
to raxa-jss-em...@googlegroups.com
Hi
is the chatting idea not there anymore ?

Thanks

John Stoecker

Mar 12, 2014, 2:38:55 AM3/12/14
to raxa-jss-em...@googlegroups.com, raxa-gsoc
Hi Pasindu,
No, we have decided to develop that in house. Also, do join raxa-gsoc google group.