GSoC14 Android App Idea for "Doctors Near Me" Project

rahul meena

Mar 20, 2014, 4:55:17 AM3/20/14
to raxa-jss-em...@googlegroups.com

Hi !

I'm Rahul Meena and currently pursuing my B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India.

This is the first time I'm participating in GSoC and I'm very excited about it.

The first project idea "Doctors Near Me" caught my eye as it will serve as a great tool for the society.Keeping in mind the increasing usage of Smart Phone by people I wanted to propose a new idea in context with this project as for developing an Android App with the same functionality of a webapp.I have been developing Android Apps from 2 years and have also launched 3 apps on Play Store - Apps.

The Proposal App Idea can have following extra features-

1. Google Maps API for map and location feature.

2. If Clinic's/Hospital's Number is available, the patient can make a direct call for appointment.

3. Search by Doctor's Specialty.

4. Google Direction API for navigation purpose.

Let me know if you find my proposal useful.

Thanks

John Stoecker

Mar 20, 2014, 4:59:21 AM3/20/14
to raxa-jss-em...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rahul,
Great to hear of your interest. Do put up a proposal on Google Melange.