Fwd: Action items going forward

Gregory Kelleher

Nov 1, 2011, 1:08:27 PM11/1/11
to raxa-jss-e...@googlegroups.com

-- Greg

Begin forwarded message:

From: Gregory Kelleher <gr...@kelleher.cc>
Date: October 29, 2011 11:31:40 AM EDT
To: Daniel Pepper <daniel...@gmail.com>
Cc: Surajit Nundy <nun...@gmail.com>, Saptarshi Purkayastha <sun...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Action items going forward

Daniel,

Before we have action items I think we need make a few very important decisions and clarifications.  As medical ethicists say, "Don't just do something; stand there!" I am hoping we can reach some of these decisions in the breakout call.

Proposed agenda items:

1) agree to intended roles of OpenMRS and CouchMD (?)

2) separate the development into 2 independent teams each with its own support structure (module definitions, ticketing system, UI design, code repositories and standards, etc) and skill requirements

3) acknowledge rhat both teams take direction from the core committee -- Shuro, Daniel, Saptarshi, Manor, etc.

4). Identify the interfaces between these 2 systems and assign a joint committee to work out proposed tech details.

-- Greg

On Oct 29, 2011, at 6:05 AM, Daniel Pepper <daniel...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Greg,

In all this conversation about databases and architecture, I've seen precious little in the way of action items. Now that we have a very talented full-time database expert here in India for the next 2-3 months, we need to give him something to do. What do you suggest?

Best,
 Daniel

Gregory Kelleher

Nov 1, 2011, 1:09:00 PM11/1/11

From: Gregory Kelleher <gr...@kelleher.cc>
Date: October 29, 2011 3:11:01 PM EDT
To: Daniel Pepper <daniel...@gmail.com>
Cc: Surajit Nundy <nun...@gmail.com>, Saptarshi Purkayastha <sun...@gmail.com>, Manor Lev-tov <manor...@gmail.com>, Nathan Leiby <natha...@gmail.com>

2) separate the development into 2 independent teams each with its own support structure (module definitions, ticketing system, UI design, code repositories and standards, etc) and skill requirements

Assuming step (1) results in making the role of OpenMRS that of providing monthly data snapshots for analysis and research, the interaction between the 2 systems seems to come down to:

a) provide on-demand copies or updates of the concept dictionary

b) update or replace its analytical (normalized) data with data from couchdb clone.

The OpenMRS development support structure is already in place.  Skill requirements are well-known to the module coordinators.

The other team has decisions to make about working environment, partly described in my maps and drawings.  I'll try to present needs more explicit before noon (here) tomorrow.

Meanwhile, a few questions for you:

Does JSS already have an implementation of OpenMRS?
Can you provide locations of existing facilities and their visit rates?
Same for field workers, in-house pharmacies, labs?
Availability and reliability of public infrastructure (power, cell, landline)?

-- Greg

On Oct 29, 2011, at 2:13 PM, Daniel Pepper <daniel...@gmail.com> wrote:

I’d like to see #2 fleshed out a bit more. How would that work? What does it require? Skills? Number of people? Division of labor, etc..

Manor: thoughts?

On 10/29/11 9:01 PM, "Gregory Kelleher" <gr...@kelleher.cc> wrote:

[...]

Action items going forward Hi Greg,