Spelling Check for Spanish Speakers

guioni...@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2013, 4:25:16 PM3/18/13
to rawsc...@googlegroups.com

Hello,
First, I want to said thank you for having this software for free. I have been using Raw Scripts, and I like everyday more and more.

In my case, I write scripts in English and Spanish, but I noticed that there is not a spelling checks for other languages, specifically in Spanish.

I don't know how hard could be for you to add spelling check for Spanish language. If you can accomplish this, I will do a tutorial video in Spanish and post it at youtube. I already wrote an article and post it on my Cineblog.

Thanks for your good work.

Ram Hernandez

Ritchie Wilson

Mar 18, 2013, 5:40:45 PM3/18/13
to rawsc...@googlegroups.com
Ram,
Unfortunately the site was built very English-centric and there's no easy way to fix that now. Spanish is close enough to English that the site runs mostly well, but you've probably come across occasional glitches with things like tildes and accents. Those kinds of problems run deep and make spell checking much harder. When I started, I never would have guessed people would be using this all over the world, but also, in some early decisions I made, I just didn't know any better.

I'm slowly rebuilding core parts of RawScripts so it's not so biased towards English, but I'm just squeezing it in after school and work, so it's a ways off. It will be exciting, though, when it can support Spanish, Arabic, Icelandic, Telugu, and all the other languages people have been asking for.

Cheers
Ritchie

Ritchie

Ritchie Wilson

Mar 18, 2013, 5:50:17 PM3/18/13
to rawsc...@googlegroups.com
Oh, and thanks for the blog post! It's always great to see that people get good use out of the site.
It was also a reminder that I really need to practice my Spanish more.

Ritchie