Apple Silicon support

RPP

Jan 12, 2022, 7:42:40 PM1/12/22
to Raw Photo Processor
Hello, faithful!

I've finally received by M1 laptop!
Here is  the first ever arm/intel RPP build, seems to be working.
It looks like Apple abandoned ColorSync completely - bugs are not fixed for few years already and in addition on Apple Silicon it is even more buggy.
Luckily legacy API is still working on both architectures, so we are ok for now.
This version (1924, universal) is identical to 1922(intel) - the only difference is that it's native to ARM/M1 and Intel machines now and it works a lot faster than intel version under Rosetta.
https://www.raw-photo-processor.com/RPP/RPP64_1924Beta.zip

Just in case, previous intel only version:

Please try it and let me know if something.

Good luck!
Andrey

RPP

Jan 13, 2022, 1:19:24 PM1/13/22
to Raw Photo Processor
Another version with latest libraw (more cameras), for all architectures:

rhvand...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2022, 5:46:19 AM1/14/22
to Raw Photo Processor
That's great, I was eagerly waiting for an M1 build. I will be able to test it tomorrow. Thanks, Andrey.

rhvand...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2022, 12:44:27 PM1/15/22
to Raw Photo Processor
I ran the universal binary on my M1 iMac, and it's almost twice as fast. Opening 80 MB DNG files from my Q2 takes around 4.5 seconds on the previous Intel version, and 2.5 on this one. Great job.

RPP

Jan 15, 2022, 4:42:30 PM1/15/22
to Raw Photo Processor
It's at least 2-3 times faster than comparable intel laptop. Good upgrade!
New version to fix few issues introduced by macOS 12:

rhvand...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2022, 7:13:19 AM1/16/22
to Raw Photo Processor
The application is now fast enough also for the initial round of culling, but it would help a lot if the dialog that is invoked with the Move to Trash command (CMD-backspace) would have 'Move to Trash' as the default button instead of 'Cancel'. Optionally, for even greater speed, the confirmation dialog might be skipped, by user preference, perhaps.

Incidentally, for me, with many images that don't need cropping, adding lens correction (via lensfun) to RPP would now remove the need to fire up darktable.

RPP

Jan 16, 2022, 6:44:55 PM1/16/22
to Raw Photo Processor
I've added Opt modifier for delete - Cmd-Opt-Delete will move file to Trash without prompt.
https://www.raw-photo-processor.com/RPP/RPP64_1927Beta.zip

R. H. van der Gaag

Jan 16, 2022, 7:07:51 PM1/16/22
to raw-photo...@googlegroups.com
Great, thanks. Any chance of adding Lens fun integration? I’d be willing to pay for that.