photo manager for RPP workflow?

aged

Jul 1, 2023, 5:55:22 PM7/1/23
to Raw Photo Processor
Hi there! I recently started using RPP for my photo processing as a replacement to C1, and I'm blown away at the results. I absolutely love the results, and find them better for post-processing with Dehancer, and I find that I get consistent exposures by using the conveniently laid out zone system.

Unfortunately, switching to RPP has made things a little strange for my workflow now, and C1 doesn't feel appropriate for managing my photo libraries (also considering I've made the switch to FastRawViewer for culling)..

I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for a photo management software for managing all my raw files? (especially anything with a good keywording system)

So far, some alternatives I've tried and found are
- PhotoMechanic (simple and fast, but proprietary and expensive)
- digiKam (a bit confusing with feature bloat and keyword system feels clunky)

Gunther Dippe

Jul 2, 2023, 11:37:05 PM7/2/23
to Raw Photo Processor
I use Lyn, https://www.lynapp.com, € 26. Fast and sufficient for my needs with rating and keywords etc.

SC Hsu

Jul 3, 2023, 9:44:28 AM7/3/23
to Raw Photo Processor
I have been using Opticull recently as a system for viewing and rating photos.

Gunther Dippe 在 2023年7月3日 星期一上午11:37:05 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

der_fotograf

Jul 8, 2023, 8:55:05 AM7/8/23
to Raw Photo Processor
RPP and XnViewMP are a perfect bundle – for me. Fast, reliable, no gimmicks.

Jose Juarez

Jul 8, 2023, 9:01:56 AM7/8/23
to raw-photo...@googlegroups.com
2nd XnViewMP. It works really fast not just for raw files but also with large film scans. On top of the speed some of the batch processing features are very useful. I believe the metadata can also sync with digikam. I will say that XnViewMP is not very intuitive so you will have to spend some time exploring the app and customizing it to your liking.