Transition to Zstandard-compressed packages has begun

John Marino

Oct 6, 2017, 11:40:58 AM10/6/17
to Ravenports
I have modified pkg(8) to handle Zstandard-compressed packages.  This functionality is not available on stock version of pkg (e.g. pkg used by FreeBSD Ports collection and DragonFly DPorts).

I've rebuilt the DragonFly repository and relocated it here:

The old repository at http://muscles.dragonflybsd.org/misc/Ravenports/ is marked obsolete and will be removed in the future.
When DragonFly 5.0 comes out (any day now), a new repository will be rebuilt and replace the 4.10 version (which is for the development branch).

I suggest removing existing Ravenports completely (including /raven/etc/pkg/repos/01_Testraven.conf) and reinstalling using the updated quickstart instruction (https://github.com/jrmarino/Ravenports/wiki/quickstart-df)

New repositories for FreeBSD and Linux will soon and I'll post when that happens.

John Marino

Oct 7, 2017, 2:11:02 AM10/7/17
to Ravenports

The Linux repository has been rebuilt and relocated.
Existing users of linux-ravenports should remove existing Ravenports completely (including /raven/etc/pkg/repos/01_Testraven.conf) and reinstalling using the updated quickstart instruction (https://github.com/jrmarino/Ravenports/wiki/quickstart-linux)

John Marino

Oct 7, 2017, 7:38:05 PM10/7/17
to Ravenports
The final repository, FreeBSD, has been converted and relocated.

Existing users of FreeBSD-ravenports should remove existing Ravenports completely (including /raven/etc/pkg/repos/01_Testraven.conf) and reinstalling using the updated quickstart instruction (https://github.com/jrmarino/Ravenports/wiki/quickstart-freebsd)