Timeouts are not supported on this stream

Khalid Abuhakmeh

Feb 18, 2013, 2:53:07 PM2/18/13
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I recently looked in my logs and noticed an odd error. No one has reported this being an issue since it is in a logging filter and does not directly affect anyone, but I thought I'd put the stacktrace on here in case it is something more serious. Have you ever seen this error and what does it mean?

I am using Client 2160 (the obvious thing would be to upgrade, but can't do that just yet).

Raven.Imports.Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Error getting value from 'ReadTimeout' on 'System.Web.HttpInputStream'. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Timeouts are not supported on this stream.
   at System.IO.Stream.get_ReadTimeout()
   at GetReadTimeout(Object )
   at Raven.Imports.Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.DynamicValueProvider.GetValue(Object target)
   at Raven.Imports.Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.DynamicValueProvider.GetValue(Object target)
   at Raven.Imports.Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeObject(JsonWriter writer, Object value, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty)
   at Raven.Imports.Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeObject(JsonWriter writer, Object value, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty)
   at Raven.Imports.Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeList(JsonWriter writer, IWrappedCollection values, JsonArrayContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty)
   at Raven.Imports.Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.Serialize(JsonWriter jsonWriter, Object value)
   at Raven.Imports.Newtonsoft.Json.Converters.KeyValuePairConverter.WriteJson(JsonWriter writer, Object value, JsonSerializer serializer)
   at Raven.Imports.Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeConvertable(JsonWriter writer, JsonConverter converter, Object value, JsonContract contract, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty)
[...]
   at Raven.Imports.Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.SerializeInternal(JsonWriter jsonWriter, Object value)
   at Raven.Json.Linq.RavenJToken.FromObjectInternal(Object o, JsonSerializer jsonSerializer)
   at Raven.Json.Linq.RavenJObject.FromObject(Object o, JsonSerializer jsonSerializer)
   at Raven.Client.Document.InMemoryDocumentSessionOperations.GetObjectAsJson(Object entity)
   at Raven.Client.Document.InMemoryDocumentSessionOperations.ConvertEntityToJson(String key, Object entity, RavenJObject metadata)
   at Raven.Client.Document.InMemoryDocumentSessionOperations.EntityChanged(Object entity, DocumentMetadata documentMetadata)
   at Raven.Client.Document.InMemoryDocumentSessionOperations.<PrepareForEntitiesPuts>b__20(KeyValuePair`2 pair)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Raven.Client.Document.InMemoryDocumentSessionOperations.PrepareForEntitiesPuts(SaveChangesData result)
   at Raven.Client.Document.InMemoryDocumentSessionOperations.PrepareForSaveChanges()
   at Raven.Client.Document.DocumentSession.SaveChanges()
   at Pnco.Advertising.Web.Models.Filters.TrackingFilterAttribute.OnActionExecuting(ActionExecutingContext filterContext)

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Feb 19, 2013, 7:33:27 AM2/19/13
to ravendb
Do you have anywhere in your entities a Stream object?

Khalid Abuhakmeh

Feb 19, 2013, 11:34:13 AM2/19/13
to rav...@googlegroups.com
No, non of my properties have streams on them. Super simple string properties and basic types. It is a random error too, so I'm not sure what could be causing it. Let me know what you might want to try and solve this issue.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Feb 19, 2013, 12:11:38 PM2/19/13
to ravendb
It looks like it is trying to serialize a stream somehow, at least, that is what the stack trace is telling me.

Khalid Abuhakmeh

Feb 19, 2013, 6:15:11 PM2/19/13
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Yep, you were right again. I thought there wasn't a stream, but I was trying to serialize an HttpPostedFileBase from the ActionParameters property in an ActionFilterAttribute. So this was my fault (as usual) :)

Thanks