RavenDb 5+ cpu usage per query

Valeriob

Feb 2, 2022, 9:20:00 AM2/2/22
to RavenDB - an awesome database
Hi,
what is the best way to find out what is the client workload that is eating the most the cpu of ravendb server ?
I have a workload where the indexes update are not high, and the thread that use the most cpu are unnamed

ravendb_threads.PNG
I'm kind of blind, is there anything where i can see the cpu usage grouped by for each query with the query cardinality ? I think this would be extremly helpfull.

Thank you
Valerio

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Feb 2, 2022, 9:31:04 AM2/2/22
to rav...@googlegroups.com
The easiest way to do that is to use the stack traces view.
We don't really track CPU usage per query.

Oren Eini
CEO   /   Hibernating Rhinos LTD
Skype:  ayenderahien
Support:  sup...@ravendb.net

Valerio Borioni

Feb 2, 2022, 9:49:09 AM2/2/22
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Oren,
i tried that, but unfortunately it does not give much insight :

image.png

Valerio

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "RavenDB - an awesome database" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ravendb/CAF0G-ZgSApXZoj4rmDj6ZVH757uomOqj4mEgyVN49jRQkRy9mg%40mail.gmail.com.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Feb 3, 2022, 8:46:03 AM2/3/22
to rav...@googlegroups.com
That being the case, any way you can run this under profiler? Or just use Traffic Watch to see if you have long requests?

Valeriob

Feb 5, 2022, 3:59:10 AM2/5/22
to RavenDB - an awesome database
Thank you Oren,
i'll try with fiddler. Would hooking up to the document store OnBeforeQuery work ?
It would be awesome to integrate with other infrastructure monitoring tools like newrelic, appinsights, etc...
ravendb_store_onbeforequery.PNG
Thank you
Valerio

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)