RavenDB in Kubernetes using NGINX proxy

Cristiano Rodrigues

Jul 8, 2020, 5:12:10 PM7/8/20
Hi all!

I'm trying to deploy a RavenDB in an on-premise Kubernetes, but when I access through a browser the certificate window not appear for me and I receive this message: "This server requires client certificate for authentication, but none was provided by the client."
I'm using an NGINX Ingress Controller with this annotation: nginx.ingress.kubernetes.io/ssl-passthrough: "true".

Could anybody, help me!

Thanks
Cristiano Rodrigues

Iftah Ben Zaken

Jul 9, 2020, 3:21:21 AM7/9/20
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cristiano,

I suppose you've already seen this guide?

That error is generated by the RavenDB server so if you get it, it means that the server is running successfully.
This error happens when the client is not able to load the client certificate. What OS and browser are you using.

You need to use the server certificate as a client certificate to reach the server for the first time.
Did you register that certificate in the OS store?
(or if you're using Linux or Firefox it needs to be installed directly in the browser)

Best regards,
Iftah Ben Zaken
Senior Developer   /   Hibernating Rhinos LTD
E-mail:    if...@ravendb.net
Support:  sup...@ravendb.net
Skype:  live:iftahbe

Cristiano Rodrigues

Jul 9, 2020, 8:42:43 AM7/9/20
Thanks for your response.
I'm using o Microsoft Edge in Windows 10.
The certificate is in SO and if I try to use a NodePort I get to access RavenDB Studio.

Yes, I saw this guide!

Iftah Ben Zaken

Jul 9, 2020, 10:50:34 AM7/9/20
to rav...@googlegroups.com
If I understand correctly, were you able to solve the issue?

Will you be willing to share your YAML files and provide a short walkthrough of how to set up on-premise Kubernetes with RavenDB and NGINX?
If yes, we can add it to our documentation examples.

Iftah Ben Zaken
Senior Developer   /   Hibernating Rhinos LTD
E-mail:    if...@ravendb.net
Support:  sup...@ravendb.net
Skype:  live:iftahbe

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ravendb/81d3a013-9f4d-478f-bb57-778a964aa6d8o%40googlegroups.com.

georgiosd

Nov 20, 2021, 6:28:37 AM11/20/21
to RavenDB - an awesome database
Hey Christiano - any luck getting this done? We're looking into doing the same thing!