amap required for hclust, not availabe for R version 3.5.1

LouisM

Sep 23, 2019, 10:27:07 PM9/23/19
to rattle-users
Hi,
Apologies if this has been reported before but I am new to this.
I Just set up Rattle for the first time and cannot get the hclust functionality to run.
It complains that hclust requires amap, but amap cannot be found.

When i try and install package amap manually:
>>install.packages("amap")
>>Warning in install.packages :
>>package ‘amap’ is not available (for R version 3.5.1)

... so what do I need to do to get this to install?

Thanks
/Louis

Graham Williams

Sep 23, 2019, 10:29:56 PM9/23/19
to rattle-users
Hi Louis,

I wonder if it might be because of the version of R you are using. I just tried this on R 3.6.1 and it installed amap okay. Can you update your installation?

Regards,
Graham

LouisM

Sep 24, 2019, 7:02:50 AM9/24/19
to rattle-users
Thanks very much Graham!  That works.  I've just  upgraded to  R3.6.1 and seen my first Dendrogram in Rattle.
This is a great start to the day.
/Lous