OMG my RS4D is dead

Marco

Apr 14, 2019, 4:37:53 AM4/14/19
to RaspberryShake
I am take my RS4D from concrete hole today and connected it localy but nothing , no leds, on shake. If SD card is dead should there anyway lit the led diodes?  Tomorrow i will chech the power supply, maybe is something wrong with power pupply. Any idea where are the + or - in the power supply connector?  I dont know what to do now?

Marco

Marco

Apr 14, 2019, 6:05:02 AM4/14/19
to RaspberryShake
Grrr I have checked power suplly and it is OK. RS4D  is dead, ill contact the supplayer what to do next.  So AMRDE22 is down....

Marco

Branden Christensen

Apr 15, 2019, 9:25:54 AM4/15/19
to RaspberryShake
Good day Marco:

Thank you for your message.

You bought your Shake back in March, 2017, when we were still shipping with consumer-grade microSD cards. So I think your microSD card has died, but it did have a good run. For longevity, I recommend replacing the microSD card with a commercial-grade (MLC) card.

For details on the lights, the difference between TLC and MLC technologies, and how to replace the microSD card, please see: https://manual.raspberryshake.org/burnSD.html

We all look forward to seeing you come back online.

Kind Regards from Panama,

Branden Christensen
CEO, Raspberry Shake, Social Media: @raspishake

"Vive a tu manera" - Herencia de Timbiquí

--
Some useful links:

Manual: http://manual.raspberryshake.org/
Do It YourSelf Page: http://raspberryshake.org/do-it-yourself
Shop: https://shop.raspberryshake.org/
Website: http://raspberryshake.org/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/raspishake/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/raspishake/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/raspishake/
Hashtag: #rasperryshake, @raspishake
DOI: https://doi.org/10.7914/SN/AM
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RaspberryShake" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/raspberryshake.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raspberryshake/8b7231a2-02c1-44a1-81ba-c15513f62c89%40googlegroups.com.

TideMan

Apr 15, 2019, 4:50:54 PM4/15/19
to RaspberryShake
My SD card fried in a power surge and I had trouble finding an MLC card so I contacted SanDisk and they recommended this one:

It doesn't say it is MLC, but it has a 2-year warranty.

JerryP

Apr 16, 2019, 1:46:16 PM4/16/19
to RaspberryShake
I wished that someone would post a SOURCE for Commercial Grade Micro SD Cards.  I search online and get a LOT of abbreviations and class information, but not who sells the darn things.  OSOP does not seem to want to mention sources or brand names.

It also seem that when searching for MLC, it quickly switches to Industrial Grade cards.  YEP, I am frustrated.  Mine is of the older vintage, but still going strong.  I'd like to have a backup!

Branden Christensen

Apr 16, 2019, 2:25:53 PM4/16/19
to RaspberryShake
Jerry:

Buenos días.

With the microSD providers we use, you cannot just buy x1 units, you need to buy x1000's. They do not have online shops.

I just opened Amazon.com and searched for "microSD MLC" and a number of options pop up: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=microSD+mlc&ref=nb_sb_noss_2. Just buy something that states explicitly that it is MLC and you should be fine.

Yours,

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 12:46 PM JerryP <aytonge...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Ian Nesbitt

Apr 16, 2019, 2:39:55 PM4/16/19
to RaspberryShake
Hello all,

A good resource I've found is actually in the dash cam community: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/microsd-options-including-mlc-cards.26035/. They recommend either the Kingston or Transcend "high endurance" line of cards, which are MLC.

We can't explicitly endorse any of these brands, but the dash cam people recommend Transcend (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BDKTQVO) or Kingston (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DOFCPNW/) and I personally have had luck with Silicon Power's high-endurance MLC line in the past (although their certified MLC-grade cards are only 32 and 64 GB for whatever reason).

Hope this helps.
Ian

JerryP

Apr 16, 2019, 2:54:24 PM4/16/19
to RaspberryShake
Thank you Branden & Ian.  If I remember correctly, you suggest a 8GB SD card.

I did see one on Branden's link.  Again, THANKS.

Ian Nesbitt

Apr 16, 2019, 4:22:17 PM4/16/19
to RaspberryShake
You're welcome, Jerry. The Kingston line I mentioned has an 8GB option: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DOFCPNW

JerryP

Apr 16, 2019, 4:30:16 PM4/16/19
to RaspberryShake
Thanks again, Ian.

ORDERED.....

Angel Rodriguez

Apr 16, 2019, 5:01:25 PM4/16/19
to raspber...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jerry,

These are MLC cards

Delkin also makes a D300 which is an SLC card and there is nothing better, but hang on to your wallet.

Angel

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 12:46 PM JerryP <aytonge...@gmail.com> wrote:
I wished that someone would post a SOURCE for Commercial Grade Micro SD Cards.  I search online and get a LOT of abbreviations and class information, but not who sells the darn things.  OSOP does not seem to want to mention sources or brand names.

It also seem that when searching for MLC, it quickly switches to Industrial Grade cards.  YEP, I am frustrated.  Mine is of the older vintage, but still going strong.  I'd like to have a backup!

JerryP

Apr 16, 2019, 5:15:06 PM4/16/19
to RaspberryShake
NO NEED TO WORRY ABOUT WALLET.........IT'S EMPTY.

Thanks Angel.  I ordered the one that Ian suggested.  No problem now, but who knows?

Regards to the GROUP,
Jerry