Swarm problem

Esther

May 12, 2019, 11:04:33 PM5/12/19
to RaspberryShake
After setting up my device to use a USB wifi antenna, my device no longer shows up on Swarm under "myShake".  I can still access it under the "RS Community" folders.  Does anyone know why this problem would occur?

KenJ

May 12, 2019, 11:44:39 PM5/12/19
to RaspberryShake
Esther

when you started a new wifi adapter your shake got a new IP address.
Find out what the address is and update the line that says
server=MyShake (and so forth)  in the file Swarm.config

also - the data you see on the community server is delayed by about 30 minutes (by design)

This is a sort of buffer built into the system - nothing wrong with your clock. The time stamps will be correct.

Angel Rodriguez

May 13, 2019, 6:24:43 AM5/13/19
to raspber...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I think KenJ is right.

But you can look at your station directly with swarm and the 30-minute delay will not be there.  If you download the swarm from the bottom of the page generated by you RShake it will come configured for your station and you can select it.  If it is not configured you can easily do it.  Click on the icon that looks like three little barrels and give it the IP of your shake.  Let us know.

Angel

--
Some useful links:

Manual: http://manual.raspberryshake.org/
Do It YourSelf Page: http://raspberryshake.org/do-it-yourself
Shop: https://shop.raspberryshake.org/
Website: http://raspberryshake.org/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/raspishake/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/raspishake/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/raspishake/
Hashtag: #rasperryshake, @raspishake
DOI: https://doi.org/10.7914/SN/AM
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RaspberryShake" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/raspberryshake.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raspberryshake/e9eda0f1-ece3-4eae-b954-1b576fb8b1e9%40googlegroups.com.

Esther

May 13, 2019, 1:01:59 PM5/13/19
to RaspberryShake
Thanks Angel and KenJ - that worked, and now I understand the time delay too.  Thank you!!!